Team Brazil being fucking idiots

On 7/13/2021 at 8:26 PM, Blackstar said:

Oh yeah, Niven too, although maybe they don't care about him that much, as they haven't had any dealings with him and he just says the usual stuff he's being saying for years. I think Brando had Niven early on and yet he didn't have a problem with getting band members on the podcast.

But Goldstein has been more of a regular and says things that they (and Axl)  probably have a big problem with, like the band name story, for example - whether Doug says he was there or not, his version of what happened is different from Axl's version - or Axl's personal stuff.

Good point. The band name story was likely very damaging 

49 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I fail to see how whether GNR ripped this song off or not would change anything at all in the story Doug told

Because motley crue clearly ripped this song off, so when he says "Duff and Slash wrote Dr feelgood" that doesn't really add up. Sounds like a fun story for a podcast but the details 'might' be exaggerated. Maybe not, but if there's anyone who doesn't think this song was playing when Nikki wrote that riff, I don't know what to say😄

56 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

They're still not playing GnR level venues or tours, and honestly the Fortus era of Dead Daisies wasn't as good as the Doug era (both with Corabi and Glenn). Doug took them to another level.

I watched that Dio fundraiser live stream thing this week and he plays a song with Gilby (Long Live Rock n Roll by Rainbow) and he totally killed it, more or less played it like the record. Wish he would do that for GnR too. As far as Fitzy goes, he intentionally tries to play true to the record for any gig he does, including when he's played for Vince Neil, Gene Simmons, etc. He doesn't believe in trying to push his own thing on it, he wants to be true to the song, and that's something that really impressed me when what became SMKC started playing in 2010. Also I know for a fact that he doesn't like what Frank does with the songs :lol:

Glenn didn't have an active gig at the time and DD needed a new singer and bass player, so they called Glenn because he can do both and he accepted. Simple as that. As far as the artistic side goes though this record with him is really good; he wrote some great songs.

Yeah I would've loved to have filled in on drums for their tour this year, would've been a good gig.

David Lowry is the rhythm guitarist. Basically he had some kind of midlife crisis and realized that he had spent his life doing corporate business stuff instead of his dream of playing in a rock band, so he used his resources to put together a band. Not hating on the guy, he seems cool and he can play too, plus the new record is really good. He's built up connections over time to help book tours etc and recruit big name players. Wish they had brought back Tichy though.

Doug aldrich is the man, those 2 whitesnake records with him were great too! 

Have yo check Frank out on that Dio cover! 

Did Brent say something to you about Frank? That's very un-Canadian of him😄

30 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Duff was willing to go on with Brando so I don’t think it has to do with any friction between Goldstein/Niven & the Big 3. Just TB’s insecurities and possibly Axl protecting his family like his sister Amy inadvertently getting dragged into recounted stories and the debachery of the old days

Yeah it's definitely Axl/TB.

15 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Because motley crue clearly ripped this song off, so when he says "Duff and Slash wrote Dr feelgood" that doesn't really add up. Sounds like a fun story for a podcast but the details 'might' be exaggerated. Maybe not, but if there's anyone who doesn't think this song was playing when Nikki wrote that riff, I don't know what to say😄

The thing is, how reliable are Doug's stories?

10 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Doug aldrich is the man, those 2 whitesnake records with him were great too! 

Have yo check Frank out on that Dio cover! 

Did Brent say something to you about Frank? That's very un-Canadian of him😄

Yeah it was almost a year after the reunion had started, I had asked him about his thoughts on seeing GnR at the initial Vegas shows and he said something like "they have that Frank guy on drums" in a not approving tone of voice. I think he would've preferred to have seen Steven/Matt up there instead. I then said that they should've called him and he's like "that's not going to happen" but I'm sure if it did he would jump at the chance. I think he was also salty about SMKC being put on hold (at the time indefinitely because they didn't know how long the tour would go for and when they would be able to regroup again). 

Fitzy's actually a pretty opinionated straightforward kind of guy, from my interactions with him. He's said stuff in the past that I wouldn't expect him to say, nothing bad or controversial, just not as diplomatic as I was expecting.

Edited by MaskingApathy

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Did Doug offer you some kind of big payday? At some point or another, this was going to go public, and it seems like a very strange move for someone to make who runs a Guns N' Roses podcast with aspirations of one day interviewing Axl. 

I am not being sarcastic or smart alec-y, just genuinely curious what made you choose to tackle this project, as it seems in direct contradiction to your goals with the podcast. 

50/50. So if the book makes $6, I’ll get 3. I may want him to take $4 though, it’s his story/life. 

I do have some education/experience in writing. Interviewing Axl to me is like touching God, so I never have real belief. Then again, I never thought I’d be writing a GNR book.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Not replying for @Gambit83 , but I just want to point out that the book hasn't been a secret. Brando has been open about working on it since the beginning and has been taking questions for Doug from fans.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Duff was willing to go on with Brando so I don’t think it has to do with any friction between Goldstein/Niven & the Big 3. Just TB’s insecurities and possibly Axl protecting his family like his sister Amy inadvertently getting dragged into recounted stories and the debachery of the old days

Unfortunately not. It was my radio contact for Duff that canceled on me. 

Edited by Gambit83
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

Couple things I’m thinking of: Doing a call-in episode. Could be fun or a disaster, like GNR. Also inviting Rick Dunsford back on to talk with about what it feels like to be “banned” from a band you love. 

Tbh I made a choice not to have Rick on since his ban. I’m still friendly with him, but I was hoping that was one  of the choices I could make to get in the good graces of Fernando. It’s why I didn’t ask Fortus any GNR questions, why I seemed so nervous talking to DIzzy and Frank. Trying to play ball, hopefully prove myself. That’s what it’s all about, right? Proving yourself and hopefully earning an opportunity?  When I would hear their complaints, I did what I could to adhere to what they wanted. It’s why I didn’t say anything until now. 

Despite his ban, Rick has had plenty of positive experiences with Fernando.  I want to continue the narrative of a miscommunication rather than this turn into a bashing.  I don’t want them harassed or bad things said about Team Brazil.  Just to continue the conversation as to why. Why is it like this? 

It’s a fine line… just don’t become the next Jarmo and you should be right mate 😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Missed that one. Which song was playing when nikki wrote that riff?

On 7/16/2021 at 3:52 PM, Blackstar said:

Not replying for @Gambit83 , but I just want to point out that the book hasn't been a secret. Brando has been open about working on it since the beginning and has been taking questions for Doug from fans.

I did not say the book has been a secret. My point was just that whenever Brando made that point public, it was pretty much going to dash any chances he had of ever maintaining a productive relationship with Team Brazil. 

@Gambit83I look forward to reading the book. I hope you have something in writing, however. As they say, I would not trust Doug Goldstein any farther than I could throw him.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

22 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I did not say the book has been a secret. My point was just that whenever Brando made that point public, it was pretty much going to dash any chances he had of ever maintaining a productive relationship with Team Brazil. 

@Gambit83I look forward to reading the book. I hope you have something in writing, however. As they say, I would not trust Doug Goldstein any farther than I could throw him.

Can't maintain a relationship that doesn't exist or one-sided. I also sent an email to Fernando months later after I found out about his text, asking permission to interview Frank again. I'll respect his chain of command. Only approved topics, that he could listen to the recording first. Radio silence. Frank wanted to come on again with Brain btw.

I mentioned earlier this has been going on since the beginning, before I ever interviewed or spoke to Doug. 5 years...can't believe I've been doing it for that long. And for an opportunity to write a GNR book, a band I grew up loving, who would have ever guessed? Not me. I'm enjoying the ride. Trying to.

Edited by Gambit83
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Can't maintain a relationship that doesn't exist or one-sided. I also sent an email to Fernando months later after I found out about his text, asking permission to interview Frank again. I'll respect his chain of command. Only approved topics, that he could listen to the recording first. Radio silence. Frank wanted to come on again with Brain btw.

I mentioned earlier this has been going on since the beginning, before I ever interviewed or spoke to Doug. 5 years...can't believe I've been doing it for that long. And for an opportunity to write a GNR book, a band I grew up loving, who would have ever guessed? Not me. I'm enjoying the ride. Trying to.

It's strange though, because even if it's been going on since the beginning, you could still get band members on the podcast until the Frank interview. As much as the way TB operates is what it is (and doesn't make sense), there must have been something more for it to get to the point where Dizzy, Frank, etc. are not allowed to come to the podcast. Was Fernando's text exclusively about your podcast or there were other media in the list (if you have this information)?

As for Doug Godlstein's book, there would be no reason for you to pass on the opportunity to work on a GN'R book, as there's no guarantee that the band would support you if you did. But, if you allow me an opinion: I guess Doug can put stories from Axl's personal life, Stephanie Seymour, etc. in there if he wants to, but using these stories (like the Stephanie/Bon Jovi one) as teasers for the book on social media is not a good idea and it certainly doesn't help - just my opinion.

Edited by Blackstar

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It's strange though, because even if it's been going on since the beginning, you could still get band members in the podcast until the Frank interview. As much as the way TB operates is what it is (and doesn't make sense), there must have been something more for it to get to the point where Dizzy, Frank, etc. are not allowed to come to the podcast. Was Fernando's text explicitly about your podcast or there were other media in the list (if you have this information)?

As for Doug Godlstein's book, there would be no reason for you to pass on the opportunity to work on a GN'R book, as there's no guarantee that the band would support you if you did. But, if you allow me an opinion: I guess Doug can put stories from Axl's personal life, Stephanie Seymour, etc. in there if he wants to, but I don't think teasing these stories on social media is a good idea - just my opinion.

2 people that I won't name, one is an ex-band member, told me shortly after my interview with Frank, a text from Fernando was sent to Frank, Melissa, Dizzy, and Richard not to do any interviews unless approved by him, and I was specifically named. So last Spring?

Whether it was the start with the photographer Kat telling me yes/likes what I do, then changing to no only because it's a GNR podcast, otherwise she would....to a NDA from the harp player on Prostitute, they were upset with Brain clickbait ("new music" said for the leaked remixes), didn't want Fortus on, even asked Frank to ask me to take the interview down, other former guests who are in a band with a GNR member won't come back...I could go on.

Yes, I'll let the book speak for itself regarding personal stuff.

Edited by Gambit83
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

2 people that I won't name, one is an ex-band member, told me shortly after my interview with Frank, a text from Fernando was sent to Frank, Melissa, Dizzy, and Richard not to do any interviews unless approved by him, and I was specifically named. So last Spring?

Whether it was the start with the photographer Kat telling me yes/likes what I do, then changing to no only because it's a GNR podcast, otherwise she would....to a NDA from the harp player on Prostitute, they were upset with Brain clickbait ("new music" said for the leaked remixes), didn't want Fortus on, even asked Frank to ask me to take the interview down, other former guests who are in a band with a GNR member won't come back...I could go on.

Yes, I'll let the book speak for itself regarding personal stuff.

I suppose the NDA thing re: Patti Hood doesn't have to do with you specifically. The NDA's is an old thing. It seems almost everyone who has worked with GN'R in whatever capacity since the 90s signed one as part of their contract.

• Like 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

I suppose the NDA thing re: Patti Hood doesn't have to do with you specifically. The NDA's is an old thing. It seems almost everyone who has worked with GN'R in whatever capacity since the 90s signed one as part of their contract.

For sure. Yet people still do? I'm sure she could have and wouldn't gotten sued. I certainly didn't press for it though.

4 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

For sure. Yet people still do? I'm sure she could have and wouldn't gotten sued. I certainly didn't press for it though.

Probably she signed it back then. She did a couple of short interviews with fan sites around the time of the release of CD, but nothing after that, although I'm sure she was approached by other fan media. So she was probably told not to do any more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Isn't it weird that Fernando has mentioned Melissa and not Susan? 

Melissa probably had to search on Google for the Podcast while Susan was actually Interviewed more than once. 

Melissa is a hired member. Fernando has no right to reach out to Susan. If anything he would have asked Duff.

• Like 3

By the way (most likely irrelevant and not having to do with TB): Does anyone know why GN'R Central have pulled their interviews from youtube? Although I disagreed with their clickbait style and the non-originality of some of their videos or posts, their interviews were good - some of them really informative, like the Sean Beavan one.

Edited by Blackstar

34 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

By the way (most likely irrelevant and not having to do with TB): Does anyone know why GN'R Central have pulled their interviews from youtube? Although I disagreed with their clickbait style and the non-originality of some of their videos or posts, some of their interviews good - some of them great and informative, like the Sean Beavan one - and I've given them credit for.

they had a great interview with dave dominguez were he said something about deleting part of this i love

• Like 1