Team Brazil being fucking idiots

18 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Well interviewing them can lead to interviews with more important people, like Susan leading to Duff, etc. But yes, I don't care to hear the same stuff either.

Honestly AFD is probably the safest interview any of them could do.

Yeah Dizzy and Fortus will do whatever they're told. They both know that without GnR they would be playing small clubs with Hookers & Blow and the Dead Daisies and would eventually fade into obscurity (which imo is where they belong). 

So doesn this mean they're banned from talking to other guys like Mitch Lafon, Eddie Trunk, etc too? Next they'll tell Richard he can't appear on Todd's channel again (although Todd might be safe because he's close to Slash).

Well Fernando's comments online definitely don't paint him in a good light.

I don't really understand why people hate Dizzy so much. He seems like a decent guy, he shows up and plays his part, rarely shoots his mouth off in fact I've never seen an interview where he said anything negative about past members or current members (not saying there isn't stuff put there though!). I guess he'll forever be the guy who got lucky😄

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

As a Brazilian myself, I can confirm that this is not a cultural thing. An asshole is an asshole in any part of the world. 

Damn. There goes the last hope for Fernando. :lol::P

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I guess he'll forever be the guy who got lucky😄

That's enough to hate him. ;) And for being Axl's lapdog.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I don't really understand why people hate Dizzy so much. He seems like a decent guy, he shows up and plays his part, rarely shoots his mouth off in fact I've never seen an interview where he said anything negative about past members or current members (not saying there isn't stuff put there though!). I guess he'll forever be the guy who got lucky😄

Nobody's hating on Dizzy. It's just stating facts - that these guys are glad for what they have and don't wanna ruffle the waters. Which I understand but dislike if it means for them being bossed around by those leeches. Then again, I'm not in their shoes, so cannot really judge them. 

And yes, he doesn't say anything negative - that's not his business. He doesn't really say anything of value either, though. But that's not his business either. 

In fact, that sentence "that's a question for the management" expresses the whole situation brilliantly, is the way I see it...

Edited by jamillos

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Nobody's hating on Dizzy. It's just stating facts - that these guys are glad for what they have and don't wanna ruffle the waters. Which I understand but dislike if it means for them being bossed around by those leaches. Then again, I'm not in their shoes, so cannot really judge them. 

And yes, he doesn't say anything negative - that's not his business. He doesn't really say anything of value either, though. But that's not his business either. 

In fact, that sentence "that's a question for the management" expresses the whole situation brilliantly, is the way I see it...

Oh yeah I get you! and I agree. I bet he misses Pitman and DJ, at least when they were in the band he was 3rd from the bottom🤣 The line "that's a question for management" should be on a t-shirt 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Frankfurt93 said:

i can't believe there are actually people out there that still didn't grasp that GNR band stopped existing in 1993.

THAT was band.

Everything else - silly little tribute band.

The band had 3 original members from late 91-93. The band has 3 original members from 2016-current. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Whatever people's thoughts on TB are.........it's Axl that has run the band into the poor position they are now in. 

There can't be much doubt on that one now, surely? The buck really stops with him, and he seems to have lost interest a long time ago. If he still cared about moving forwards there's no chance the band would be in this position. 

Really whatever management the band has had since Izzy/Steven left has been more or less similar. The artist directs management in how they want to operate. It’s obviously coming from Axl. This is how he wants things run. They’ve had professional managers and an industry giant with Azoff.  It didn’t matter. Axl went dark when they released the album. He’s had a handful of interviews since 1994. He doesn’t really interact with the fanbase outside of the stage and if it does happen, it’s often confrontational. Band members more or less shy away from any details with the ongoings. None of this stuff is new or is a product of TB. It’s the artist…

Is TB the best option? It probably is the best option for Axl. They will run things the way he wants. In return, he’s on stage performing with Slash. That’s better than what others have tried and failed to replicate. As far as new music, TB can get in line with the rest. We’ll see if it happens 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

The band had 3 original members from late 91-93. The band has 3 original members from 2016-current. 

Yeah, in spirit this band is no different than the bulk of what was touring for the Illusions.  That's not a knock or positive, just a fact. 

Except that, you know, there was new music back then and all that. ;)

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 4

I don't think there is any controversy regarding if this is "authentic" GNR now. You can argue the business side is different and its more corporate, but yeah, 3/5 originals including the 2 key guys are up there playing when you go to see them. Works enough for me, its no different than other legacy acts of the last 20 years- The Stones, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Smashing Pumpkins, Fleetwood Mac, etc, etc, etc

Its lame Axl still operates like a loon and doesn't sound great, that management is trash, and they don't put out music, but at this point... :shrugs:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Really whatever management the band has had since Izzy/Steven left has been more or less similar. The artist directs management in how they want to operate. It’s obviously coming from Axl. This is how he wants things run. They’ve had professional managers and an industry giant with Azoff.  It didn’t matter. Axl went dark when they released the album. He’s had a handful of interviews since 1994. He doesn’t really interact with the fanbase outside of the stage and if it does happen, it’s often confrontational. Band members more or less shy away from any details with the ongoings. None of this stuff is new or is a product of TB. It’s the artist…

Is TB the best option? It probably is the best option for Axl. They will run things the way he wants. In return, he’s on stage performing with Slash. That’s better than what others have tried and failed to replicate. As far as new music, TB can get in line with the rest. We’ll see if it happens 

"In return he's on stage performing with Slash" you can't chalk that up to TB. Axl made that happen, they just sent the email asking for a phone number, after Axl requested they do it. The reason that tour came together was Live nation, Slash and Duffs individual managers and then lastly TB, unless there's some shadow players that helped (Steven tyler / Dee Snider / Dice😋). 

But yeah, maybe TB are best for Axl. I don't think so. I think Axl could have a competent manager again now that the reunion has happened. He has no reason now to be thinking the manager will have ulterior motives trying to sabotage him and his "creative vision". If Azoff was in charge now, he'd have them on tour, he'd have them doing very select press, but he wouldn't be overdoing it (he represents VH and The Eagles - VH were not a press band😄). End of the day the artist drives the ship, and the manager facilitates, but if your manager is inexperienced then the facilitating is going to be shoddy... and that's why you pay for experience. Learn on the job is not a management style that works with an artist 30 + years in.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

"In return he's on stage performing with Slash" you can't chalk that up to TB. Axl made that happen, they just sent the email asking for a phone number, after Axl requested they do it. The reason that tour came together was Live nation, Slash and Duffs individual managers and then lastly TB, unless there's some shadow players that helped (Steven tyler / Dee Snider / Dice😋). 

But yeah, maybe TB are best for Axl. I don't think so. I think Axl could have a competent manager again now that the reunion has happened. He has no reason now to be thinking the manager will have ulterior motives trying to sabotage him and his "creative vision". If Azoff was in charge now, he'd have them on tour, he'd have them doing very select press, but he wouldn't be overdoing it (he represents VH and The Eagles - VH were not a press band😄). End of the day the artist drives the ship, and the manager facilitates, but if your manager is inexperienced then the facilitating is going to be shoddy... and that's why you pay for experience. Learn on the job is not a management style that works with an artist 30 + years in.

Im sure there’s been a laundry list of promoters and people trying to make it happen since the late 90’s. You’re right, it was Axl. However I don’t believe he goes ahead if he felt or perceived to be manipulated or pressured into the situation. Whether it was valid to feel that way or not.

He probably feels comfortable with TB and doesn’t feel that tug. Managers aren’t miracle workers. If the artist doesn’t want to play ball, things won’t happen. Is Azoff a better manager and more respected or perhaps feared? You bet. That doesn’t mean Axl has to listen though. I think if you look back at the band’s history, their actions seem to be consistent no matter who’s managing them. It comes from the artist 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Im sure there’s been a laundry list of promoters and people trying to make it happen since the late 90’s. You’re right, it was Axl. However I don’t believe he goes ahead if he felt or perceived to be manipulated or pressured into the situation. Whether it was valid to feel that way or not.

He probably feels comfortable with TB and doesn’t feel that tug. Managers aren’t miracle workers. If the artist doesn’t want to play ball, things won’t happen. Is Azoff a better manager and more respected or perhaps feared? You bet. That doesn’t mean Axl has to listen though. I think if you look back at the band’s history, their actions seem to be consistent no matter who’s managing them. It comes from the artist 

I know Axl wouldn't listen to everything. A good idea, is a good idea though and Axl would have to respect the legacy a manager like Azoff has! so if they come with an idea it's worth listening too! If TB come with an idea, what does he have to go by? they have no experience outside of GNR and they seemingly don't even look to other artists of a similar size to get ideas. We all know the music industry is flipped on it's head, but the only way you continue to grow is with savvy thinking. I haven't seen one good decision from this band in a long, long time and IF that's Axl doing alone! then maybe he needs to be sat down and told "just sign the cheques, sing the songs and shut the fuck up"😄 I'd pay a lot of money to hear his response to that!

"That's a question for management." Has been the "GNR TRASH BIN" for long enough that when we here it, we should consider whatever the question is to be "Not happening, probably ever."  If fact, I've often thought I'd have more respect for whoever if that was their candid answer. 

9 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I know Axl wouldn't listen to everything. A good idea, is a good idea though and Axl would have to respect the legacy a manager like Azoff has! so if they come with an idea it's worth listening too! If TB come with an idea, what does he have to go by? they have no experience outside of GNR and they seemingly don't even look to other artists of a similar size to get ideas. We all know the music industry is flipped on it's head, but the only way you continue to grow is with savvy thinking. I haven't seen one good decision from this band in a long, long time and IF that's Axl doing alone! then maybe he needs to be sat down and told "just sign the cheques, sing the songs and shut the fuck up"😄 I'd pay a lot of money to hear his response to that!

Maybe. I’m sure people have tried. Thing is Axl is pushing 60. What is GNR now realistically in the market? Artistically and what they stand for? The time for that was probably at least 20 years ago. 

6 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Maybe. I’m sure people have tried. Thing is Axl is pushing 60. What is GNR now realistically in the market? Artistically and what they stand for? The time for that was probably at least 20 years ago. 

They could still provide a healthy first week number and possibly one song that gets some mainstream play (some, not a lot). There are people and stations eager to work with them. I know you are right in regards to their age etc. 2006 was the shot at redirecting the ship on a strong route, but for one reason or another it went to shit! 2016 was the trojan horse😄 or was that 2011 when TB took over🤔

In 2006, except for Axl's few impromptu interviews (like on Eddie Trunk), the interviews from the band were close to zero (only Bumblefoot did some very low profile interviews about his solo career). There was clearly a no interview policy for band members other than Axl. But there were press releases from management, which sometimes included brief comments from band members, and a new official website was launched later in the year, which was updated relatively often. It was a policy, seemingly agreed upon between Merck and Axl, of communicating with the press only officially through management on one hand, and controlling, to an extent, the fan communities on the other (that was when htgth became a semi-official forum). That press model continued for a while after Merck was out.

I wasn't following the band online then, but from what I've read there was discontent in the fanbase about the way management handled things. But I'm sure many fans now would take Merck any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

In 2006, except for Axl's few impromptu interviews (like on Eddie Trunk), the interviews from the band were close to zero (only Bumblefoot did some very low profile interviews about his solo career). There was clearly a no interview policy for band members other than Axl. But there were press releases from management, which sometimes included brief comments from band members, and a new official website was launched later in the year, which was updated relatively often. It was a policy, seemingly agreed upon between Merck and Axl, of communicating with the press only officially through management on one hand, and controlling, to an extent, the fan communities on the other (that was when htgth became a semi-official forum). That press model continued for a while after Merck was out.

I wasn't following the band online then, but from what I've read there was discontent in the fanbase about the way management handled things. But I'm sure many fans now would take Merck any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Merck was heavily criticized because of the "there are x Tuesdays left" shenanigans, but I believe it was all a lot more civilized. 

Then again, Merck was a manager, not a PR. Still, he was behind Axl's letters, including the excuses for the delay to release the album. I think he was fine and actually believed in the new band's potential. Axl was out there too, doing publicity stunts like being a host on the VMAs, doing an awkward photo shoot and, of course, showing up in that Limp Bizkit before the gigs were even announced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

This is true. Van Halen and AC/DC very rarely leak any info on anything until it happens, and that's fine. The problem with Gn'R is, when things happen, there is still nothing being sent out. This tour starts in a few weeks, and many of these shows are struggling mightily. There's has been no promotion for it other than a few digital billboards, ads on Facebook and announcing that Wolfgang is opening. He's done more promotion for this tour than the actual headliner. Like it's been said here, it's not all on TB. Axl needs wake up or just stay in Malibu and enjoy the rest of his life. People do still care about this band, but there are so many bands going out this year that promotion should be everywhere for this tour. If Axl doesn't want to promote, then it's the management's job to push back and get it done. This is where the problem lies when he uses 'family' as managers. The reunion tour didn't need promotion. This one does. Any other band would've at least put one new song out before this gets started. The best managers are not yes men/women. 

• Like 1

@Gambit83 Is this all because you are writing a book with Doug? Maybe TB knows Doug knows a lot of shit that doesn’t fit the narrative they have been creating for the last decade (such as the delays with CD were all because of the label, every manager before them tried to force a reunion, nothing was ever Axl’s fault ect…) just a thought…..

49 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Merck was heavily criticized because of the "there are x Tuesdays left" shenanigans, but I believe it was all a lot more civilized. 

Then again, Merck was a manager, not a PR. Still, he was behind Axl's letters, including the excuses for the delay to release the album. I think he was fine and actually believed in the new band's potential. Axl was out there too, doing publicity stunts like being a host on the VMAs, doing an awkward photo shoot and, of course, showing up in that Limp Bizkit before the gigs were even announced.

I had stuff like this in mind:

http://web.archive.org/web/20071031215711fw_/http://www.gnrsource.com/news/2006-11/08-merck.htm

Yeah, my impression is that Merck genuinely wanted to support Axl without pushing him too much (Axl can't be pushed anyway) and the letters were along the lines of that support.

I suppose Axl was out and about because he wanted to (it was one of his extrovert phases) and not because of some planned PR policy.

But, of course, there is a lot of missing information about what went down behind the scenes. Probably, aside from the pattern of Axl blaming management for booking a tour, the rift was due to some mishandlings on the business side as well as issues stemming from Sanctuary going bankrupt, which, even though towards the end Merck left Sanctuary taking Axl with him, dragged Axl into unwanted additional litigation.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Nobody's hating on Dizzy. It's just stating facts - that these guys are glad for what they have and don't wanna ruffle the waters. Which I understand but dislike if it means for them being bossed around by those leaches. Then again, I'm not in their shoes, so cannot really judge them. 

I met Dizzy after the Brooklyn Bowl gig. He was talking to Fernando, and I was like hey man can I get a picture? Fernando was a dick at first and said no he’s busy, Dizzy was like no man it’s cool come here. Then we took a few pics and he asked where we were from and  when I told him MD he starting saying how all the small clubs in Baltimore get pretty rowdy. Seemed like a cool guy, asked how I enjoyed the show. Fernando then came around a little bit and said he was glad we liked the show and told us to have a safe trip home. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I had stuff like this in mind:

http://web.archive.org/web/20071031215711fw_/http://www.gnrsource.com/news/2006-11/08-merck.htm

Yeah, my impression is that Merck genuinely wanted to support Axl without pushing him too much (Axl can't be pushed anyway) and the letters were along the lines of that support.

I suppose Axl was out and about because he wanted to (it was one of his extrovert phases) and not because of some planned PR policy.

But, of course, there is a lot of missing information about what went down behind the scenes. Probably, aside from the pattern of Axl blaming management for booking a tour, the rift was due to some mishandlings on the business side as well as issues stemming from Sanctuary going bankrupt, which, even though towards the end Merck left Sanctuary taking Axl with him, dragged Axl into unwanted additional litigation.

I have no idea who wrote this on GNR Source, I don't remember that well. But yeah, that kind of stuff began back then. 

I believe Axl got out of his house to promete stuff. He was excited with the first batch of Andy Wallace's mixing on CD songs, that later leaked (I believe the Antiquiet leaks were those songs) and the European tour was already in the works, presumably to finance the record. Nevertheless, the Sanctuary stuff was sour indeed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Team Brazil is, was and always will be the absolute worst thing about Guns N’ Roses. 

Amen

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

He seems like a cool guy who appreciates the fans, but yes he definitely got lucky. If Axl hadn't hired him he would be another no name musician from LA.

• Like 1