Team Brazil being fucking idiots

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I'm afraid it's no use to ask them to be interviewed on the podcast as, like I said earlier, I just don't think it's their style to do "normal" things like that and maybe they are not allowed to anyway.

Have you reached out to Susan about this?

Susan knows I want to interview Duff. I don't want to break her confidence with what she said, but she's supportive of me and hopes it happens.

21 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's insane that Dirty Honey isn't allowed to come on the show because they're friends with Slash, and that Duff's interview got cancelled. I guess Duff isn't allowed to override TB/Axl?

Dirty Honey/Duff is another management, but at least this person communicated with me. I respect that, even if the result isn't what I want.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

btw, is Susan still allowed to do the podcast?   London?  Cash?   

As long as talking about this stuff doesn't end up biting me in the ass (the risk I know I'm taking). I was supposed to interview London with Suspect208 again before they broke up. I'd like to think I will for his new band when it's appropriate. I had planned on reaching out to see if I can get Susan and Grace on together. Hopefully I will. 

1 hour ago, Gambit83 said:

Susan knows I want to interview Duff. I don't want to break her confidence with what she said, but she's supportive of me and hopes it happens.

Dirty Honey/Duff is another management, but at least this person communicated with me. I respect that, even if the result isn't what I want.

So do you mean that DH and Duff's respective managements are restricting the interviews for them, and TB for the hired GnR members?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I recall hearing on multiple occasions that apparently TB don’t let Axl visit this very website here anymore, so it wouldn’t surprise me if his entire internet privileges are limited.

Untrue.  TB (or anyone for that fact) do not supervise Axl’s internet habits.  He has his own computer(s). 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

It was only a mater of time. This parasite family think they own GNR. Anyone that creates GNR related content has been threatened and harassed by them. 

Shame on Team Brazil and shame on Axl. 

You mentioned me? You wanted my opinion on this, or just attacked me for some reason? 

Anyway, utterly unprofessional and sad that Team Brazil would want to stop people from talking to Brando on his brilliant podcast. 

Not surprising, though. GN'R had always tried to control the narrative and when that is hard, try to shut down any narrative. This goes to before TB. Axl has always had a....conflicted relationship with the press. 

I feel sad for Brando, because he is doing a brilliant job and the only sensible thing would be to support his efforts and use his platform for promotion. 

The story will come out, warts and all, regardless. It can't be stopped. 

• Like 2

Axl has no family of his own, that is the only reason he stays with these people, he wants that family environment. He doesn't care how useless a job fernando/beta do, it's sort of like Kim Jong Uns inner circle only telling him things that he wants to hear, maybe sometimes fueling his delusions and making him feel that he's always right about everything. That's the type of vibe TB give off to me. Maybe Axl is happy with that, but extremely bad to have this as a fan. These people would never have made a career managing anyone if they didn't stumble upon Axl.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Just now, jamillos said:

Pretty please, can someone summarize it in like two sentences or so? I'm at work. Thanks a lot. 

Fernando has told Dizzy, Frank, Fortus, and Melissa that they're not allowed to do the AFD podcast, and now other people who are connected to GnR are staying away also.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, Marc Canter may have said something like that - like that he thought TB didn't let Axl read his posts on this forum. But even if Marc said that, I highly doubt that things are that way. I think the main "control" TB have is that, with few exceptions who talk to Axl directly, whoever wants to talk to him has to go through them. But this is something that existed before TB; people like Goldstein and Craig Duswalt used to have that role.

I don't think it's simply either "all Axl" or "all TB". It's a more complicated dynamic and, again, a pattern that was there before TB came into the picture. For example, Axl could one time flip over someone taking his picture and another time not have a problem with it, but whoever were his entourage at the time wouldn't know when he would flip out, so they would make a "rule" that no one took Axl's picture. So although Axl himself may not have given that "order," the people around him would act ahead to avoid the worse. Chris Cornell had shared a story about being told by GN'R's "people" that no one was allowed near Axl's teleprompters, and then he realized that the "rule" hadn't come from Axl - probably Axl had flipped once over the teleprompter not working and so the management/entourage made that "Rule".

In this case now, hypothetically, it may have been like this: Axl went angry and ranted about something a guest on Brando's podcast said, and TB thought "Axl is angry and doesn't like the media that make him angry, so we should boycott this podcast."

Oh! Come on! Don't give me "complicated dynamics" During UYI days they all did interviews. When Slash left the band we got a fax from Axl. During new gn'r. He chatted with fans during RIR 2001. The biggest miracle ever! I guess that day he was less bloated and in a good mood :shrugs: We had a RS interview, Eddie Trunk/Baz interview, L.A. Times and more. He has social media just to talk about politics or some bullshit that nobody cares about, not to mention pictures of his leg and tattoos  or his cats. 

During AC/DC days he did interviews. He was everywhere, We got plenty of pics of him

In other words, I don't think TB do things behind his back. But if that happens to be the case, then Axl doesn't give a fuck one way or another. If social media is not his cup of tea. He better close those accounts

13 minutes ago, Padme said:

Oh! Come on! Don't give me "complicated dynamics" During UYI days they all did interviews. When Slash left the band we got a fax from Axl. During new gn'r. He chatted with fans during RIR 2001. The biggest miracle ever! I guess that day he was less bloated and in a good mood :shrugs: We had a RS interview, Eddie Trunk/Baz interview, L.A. Times and more. He has social media just to talk about politics or some bullshit that nobody cares about, not to mention pictures of his leg and tattoos  or his cats. 

During AC/DC days he did interviews. He was everywhere, We got plenty of pics of him

In other words, I don't think TB do things behind his back. But if that happens to be the case, then Axl doesn't give a fuck one way or another. If social media is not his cup of tea. He better close those accounts

In the beginning, back in he late 80s, Axl seems to have loved doing interviews. He was good at it. He would talk at length about most topics, well-articulated, funny and intelligent. I think he enjoyed them and I think he understood the importance of doing them for promotion of the band. The media attention was a sign of success, that Axl was achieving what he had set out to do.

But the press wasn't Axl's friend. They started writing critical things about him. They started to write about the bad stuff that happened in Axl's life. They criticized him, and mocked him. They focused on the debauchery and not the music (RS). They reacted with indifference or almost mocking when he opened up and talked about his past abuse. Most people would react either by ignoring this and accept it as part of the deal, and maybe spend some time trying to correct the mistakes made or present his side to the story. But Axl is not a normal guy in that sense. He is quite sensitive and it probably affected him a lot. Much more than it should. I could dig up some quotes here, I belive there is one from Slash where he compares himself and Axl to the press, but I don't have the time.

So then Axl tried to control the media or at least steer the narrative a bit. He had journalists and magazines sign agreements before doing interviews, he refused to talk about certain topics, he ranted and raved. But this backfired spectacularly so eventually he stopped doing press altogether, or only in rare situations when he basically had to/were forced or where the interviewer was a friend (like Del James) and the interview could be used as a means for Axl to comment or refute specific stories rather than having to answer hard questions.

As time went on, Slash, who is much more PR savvy than Axl and not at all as sensitive, got to steer the narrative while Axl sat in self-imposed isolation. Axl would read magazines print Slash's side to the story, which may or may not have been correct. And over time, fair or not, public opinion fully stood with Slash. And yet Axl chose for most part to stay silent. Maybe he didn't really care much since he wasn't a public persona anymore and could live his life almost separately from what was happening in the press. Or maybe it really gnawed on him and developed into an almost hatred of those against him? I am not going to conclude on that. Regardless of how it affected him, his conclusion was that the press was on Slash's side. When CD was released in 2008, he -- I suppose, grudgingly -- did a little bit of press, and clearly spoke about being misunderstood by the media and that the media was against him and pro Slash. 

Things haven't really changed that much. He avoids in-depth interviews (for the most part). He is in periods active on social media, but this is a medium he can control fully, so that is different.

As for Team Brazil's role in all of this. I think @Blackstaris spot on. And that's not a compliment to TB. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I could be wrong, but I coulda sworn I even heard Marc Canter himself say that he heard that second-hand once. But maybe I’m misremembering.

Yes. Second hand bullshit. As if Canter has any current relations or knowledge about Axl, that doesn't come from whatever second or third hand. Ridiculous to believe that Axl would let himself be taken hostage by a brazilian nanny and her kids and let them take whatever priviledge away.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

In the beginning, back in he late 80s, Axl seems to have loved doing interviews. He was good at it. He would talk at length about most topics, well-articulated, funny and intelligent. I think he enjoyed them and I think he understood the importance of doing them for promotion of the band. The media attention was a sign of success, that Axl was achieving what he had set out to do.

But the press wasn't Axl's friend. They started writing critical things about him. They started to write about the bad stuff that happened in Axl's life. They criticized him, and mocked him. They focused on the debauchery and not the music (RS). They reacted with indifference or almost mocking when he opened up and talked about his past abuse. Most people would react either by ignoring this and accept it as part of the deal, and maybe spend some time trying to correct the mistakes made or present his side to the story. But Axl is not a normal guy in that sense. He is quite sensitive and it probably affected him a lot. Much more than it should. I could dig up some quotes here, I belive there is one from Slash where he compares himself and Axl to the press, but I don't have the time.

So then Axl tried to control the media or at least steer the narrative a bit. He had journalists and magazines sign agreements before doing interviews, he refused to talk about certain topics, he ranted and raved. But this backfired spectacularly so eventually he stopped doing press altogether, or only in rare situations when he basically had to/were forced or where the interviewer was a friend (like Del James) and the interview could be used as a means for Axl to comment or refute specific stories rather than having to answer hard questions.

As time went on, Slash, who is much more PR savvy than Axl and not at all as sensitive, got to steer the narrative while Axl sat in self-imposed isolation. Axl would read magazines print Slash's side to the story, which may or may not have been correct. And over time, fair or not, public opinion fully stood with Slash. And yet Axl chose for most part to stay silent. Maybe he didn't really care much since he wasn't a public persona anymore and could live his life almost separately from what was happening in the press. Or maybe it really gnawed on him and developed into an almost hatred of those against him? I am not going to conclude on that. Regardless of how it affected him, his conclusion was that the press was on Slash's side. When CD was released in 2008, he -- I suppose, grudgingly -- did a little bit of press, and clearly spoke about being misunderstood by the media and that the media was against him and pro Slash. 

Things haven't really changed that much. He avoids in-depth interviews (for the most part). He is in periods active on social media, but this is a medium he can control fully, so that is different.

As for Team Brazil's role in all of this. I think @Blackstaris spot on. And that's not a compliment to TB. 

But in this case Dizzy, Richard and others were told not to do interviews. So? They did interviews before. And all we got was bullshit answers like "we're recording" Hope/soon and more bullshit regarding a new album. I don't need that. I couldn't care less about those Mr. Irrelevant telling me nothing. I feel bad for Gambit. And yet, thanks but not thank you when it comes to do interviews with those people. Do you really want to hear more " We're sharing files" type of answers? Do you really believe that they would tell us something important? Of course it wrong that they were told not to do interviews. But I'm afraid we're not missing anything important.

As for Axl, Slash or Duff, I'm very disappointed that reunion is the way it is. Including the lack of news and interviews. Even if those interviews are carefully taylored. I'd rather have that from Axl than nothing at all. And I don't really think Axl cares if he being manipulated by TB. Nor I think he cares about what TB are doing or not doing. Of course this situation sucks. And Axl and Slash look the other way when TB is acting like Nazy Germany. The irrelevants were told not to do interviews with Gambit. But I couldn't care less about Dizzy or Richard.

• Like 1

in the very very limited thinking of TB, everyone is persona non grata who doesn't bring them income in the first place, like You Tube channels, podcasts, forums etc. all this is meaningless to them, probably they are even afraid, that the people who run such things, could somehow enrich themselves on the name GnR, what in fact isn't the matter at all. TB (especially Ferando) is a money driven cunt, more so after the reunion, every support, from fans for fans, which is FREE, disturbs his little manager brain. i could be wrong, but it feels like that e.g. Frank, Melissa, 4tus aren't "allowed" to go back to the podcast, not because they could tell some "band-insights" (as if there's something to tell) but because they are on the payroll of GnR, and therefore not allowed to do things in the B(r)ands name for free.

• Like 4

I just find it funny how we have an album tapping ‘Democracy’ and yet we have what appears to be one of the most undemocratic situations going…..TB are like a government trying to control narratives, media etc 🤦‍♂️

All because a well thought of fan on a respected podcast wants talk cool GNR stuff?!?!

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

a proper manager would have explained to Axl when he was ranting that podcast and youtube channels like Brando and Fran are free publicity and benefit the band. Instead of cancelling and trying to derail them a good manager would reach out and say "please don't discuss this or talk to this person, as a thank you you have access to Frank, Melissa, Richard and any other member that agree to be interviewed".

How many managers has Axl fired? PLENTY!

Axl does not need a manager with an opinion and goals. He needs handlers to say "yes sir": Team Brazil.

If Team Brazil did not handle as Axl wanted, it would be done with. So this behaviour is what Axl wants and expects. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Black said:

How many managers has Axl fired? PLENTY!

Axl does not need a manager with an opinion and goals. He needs handlers to say "yes sir": Team Brazil.

If Team Brazil did not handle as Axl wanted, it would be done with. So this behaviour is what Axl wants and expects. 

True. Though they could try to be an a bit more diplomatic intermediary between Axl and the world. But then again, knowing (as much as that is possible without actually knowing him) Axl, it's a thin line until he might feel that they are going behind his back.

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, Marc Canter may have said something like that - like that he thought TB didn't let Axl read his posts on this forum. But even if Marc said that, I highly doubt that things are that way. I think the main "control" TB have is that, with few exceptions who talk to Axl directly, whoever wants to talk to him has to go through them. But this is something that existed before TB; people like Goldstein and Craig Duswalt used to have that role.

I don't think it's simply either "all Axl" or "all TB". It's a more complicated dynamic and, again, a pattern that was there before TB came into the picture. For example, Axl could one time flip over someone taking his picture and another time not have a problem with it, but whoever were his entourage at the time wouldn't know when he would flip out, so they would make a "rule" that no one took Axl's picture. So although Axl himself may not have given that "order," the people around him would act ahead to avoid the worse. Chris Cornell had shared a story about being told by GN'R's "people" that no one was allowed near Axl's teleprompters, and then he realized that the "rule" hadn't come from Axl - probably Axl had flipped once over the teleprompter not working and so the management/entourage made that "Rule".

In this case now, hypothetically, it may have been like this: Axl went angry and ranted about something a guest on Brando's podcast said, and TB thought "Axl is angry and doesn't like the media that make him angry, so we should boycott this podcast."

That is a very fair assessment.

Axl is most certainly part of the problem but I think TB are keeping a lot of things from him, shielding him like was a spoiled little kid.  My guess would be it makes them feel important and on top of things. They're "in control" so to speak.

The whole "our band" shtick and "you have to go through Beta to get to Axl". I think they're drunk with it. The fact that they keep information from Axl was confirmed by Marc Canter.

As I have stated before, I think they enjoy the quasi celebrity status in the GN'R fanbase and they'll do everything they can to keep it even at the expense of GN'R and Axl himself.

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

True. Though they could try to be an a bit more diplomatic intermediary between Axl and the world. But then again, knowing (as much as that is possible without actually knowing him) Axl, it's a thin line until he might feel that they are going behind his back.

They can't be diplomatic when they know nothing about communication, diplomacy or public relations. I mean any celebrity needs is a spoke person or publicist. How many times we've seen celebrities fuck it up on social media? Sombody with communication skill should handle that. This is a similar case with TB. They tell Dizzy and Richards not to do interviews. It is TB or some P.R. person who should deal with Gambit with diplomacy and manners.

• Like 2