Team Brazil being fucking idiots

2 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Hearing all that stuff about people taking offense at harmless interviews of absolutely positive intend and friendly nature, I wonder who the these people think they are and what they are doing?

It's a rock band, not a military operation to bring world peace.

A group of elderly men selling an image, pretending to be rock and roll while still playing the same songs they did 30 years ago, oversaturated with financial and artistic liberties and social privileges, yet for the life of them they can't come up with a single fucking fresh idea and treat every fan daring to ask for just a remote hint on something, anything, like someone who murdered their wifes and children.

They don't cure cancer. They don't do world politics.

At this point in time they add absolutely nothing to the human existence except for a little entertainment far below their own standards and the standards set by all the truly great ones before them.

The only thing they are really good at is sucking the last bit of joy out of being a fan.

This, 100%. It's just so ridiculous. All of them come across as idiots.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

It should never be Managements position to dictate what band members can publicly say or not. The band belongs to their members, not some suits (or in this case Brazilian leeches). They should be able to say whatever the fuck they want

What about the fact that those are hired hands? Surely, Slash and Duff can do as they please. Duff has given quite a few interviews and answered some decent GNR questions. Slash, too. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

What about the fact that those are hired hands? Surely, Slash and Duff can do as they please. Duff has given quite a few interviews and answered some decent GNR questions. Slash, too. 

Unfortunately this is the real answer. After Adler and Izzy were both gone, the “big three” were the only real members. And during the NuGNR years, Axl was the only real member.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Unfortunately this is the real answer. After Adler and Izzy were both gone, the “big three” were the only real members. And during the NuGNR years, Axl was the only real member.

I think that you have to separate between the band, the Axl/Slash/Duff partnership and the management. 

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It's possible. He's probably aware of Matt's leaked book and maybe even of the fans' comments. 

I'm not sure if it was in Brando's podcast or in another interview where he was asked if he had concerns about losing his spot with the reunion, and he said that he knew Axl would stick up for him, or something like that.

In this more recent one (after the 15:45 minute mark) he said that he's been getting along with everybody but he's very close to Axl, and Axl has treated him great from day one:

I'm sure he's aware that most of the fans would rather have Matt/Steven back and that (Slash at least) didn't care for him in the beginning. Basically as long as he's on Axl's good side he's safe; otherwise he can't count on Axl to stand up for him and he could be out (and I'm sure Duff/Slash would immediately call Matt at that point). So he's in a different position than Dizzy or Fortus.

4 hours ago, Sosso said:

What's it like playing with [drummer] Frank Ferrer? He doesn't sound like Steven Adler or Matt Sorum. He has his own thing. What's the vibe there musically?

"Well, no, he doesn't play like either of those guys, but he's been doing it for longer than I was ever in the band. [Laughs] So he's got his thing on lock, yeah."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/slash_what_i_think_about_richard_fortus__frank_ferrer.html

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I'm sure Slash didn't sit and count the years - he probably didn't even really know exactly how many years Frank has been in the band.

Slash has a way - that's been often called "passive-aggressive" - of saying things without saying them explicitly. This quote is a good example of that. :lol:

Slash's comment tells us all we need to know there.

20 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'm sure he's aware that most of the fans would rather have Matt/Steven back and that (Slash at least) didn't care for him in the beginning. Basically as long as he's on Axl's good side he's safe; otherwise he can't count on Axl to stand up for him and he could be out (and I'm sure Duff/Slash would immediately call Matt at that point). So he's in a different position than Dizzy or Fortus.

I'm not so sure about Matt. Even if Slash and Duff were so keen on him (which I have some doubts of), Axl would probably prefer Brain, and I think that at least Duff would be on board with that. It's likely that Brain was asked to be in the reunion, not replacing Frank completely, but sharing duties with him (and maybe Steven, too - Axl is capable of having three drummers :lol:), but declined because he's friends with Frank and doesn't want to even half-take the gig from him. So I doubt Matt would be on the top of the list.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm not so sure about Matt. Even if Slash and Duff were so keen on him (which I have some doubts of), Axl would probably prefer Brain, and I think that at least Duff would be on board with that. It's likely that Brain was asked to be in the reunion, not replacing Frank completely, but sharing duties with him (and maybe Steven, too - Axl is capable of having three drummers :lol:), but declined because he's friends with Frank and doesn't want to even half-take the gig from him. So I doubt Matt would be on the top of the list.

Why would they have asked Brain to join the reunion?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

Why would they have asked Brain to join the reunion?

I think Axl has always wanted him back and has had an open offer for him - he wanted the two drummers thing for the CD tour - and Brain is still associated with the Axl camp, he brought in Melissa, etc. Iirc Brando asked Brain if he would want to be in the reunion and said he wouldn't take Frank's gig because Frank wants it more.

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think Axl has always wanted him back and has had an open offer for him - he wanted the two drummers thing for the CD tour - and Brain is still associated with the Axl camp, he brought in Melissa, etc. Iirc Brando asked Brain if he would want to be in the reunion and said he wouldn't take Frank's gig because Frank wants it more.

And there's no way Slash/Duff would be ok with 2 drummers. I still think that if they had the chance to get anyone they wanted they would get Matt.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

And there's no way Slash/Duff would be ok with 2 drummers. I still think that if they had the chance to get anyone they wanted they would get Matt.

Wouldn't they be okay with Steven playing part of the set? If we believe Steven, that was the original plan (him playing part of the set and Frank playing the rest)

---

O/T, but a good interview with Matt from back in 2008. He was almost prophetic about the reunion :lol:

Bosso: [...] Okay, so let's say Slash's phone rang, or Duff’s phone rang. Or your phone rang. From Axl. Would that be the domino effect?

Matt: I think it would be way up above me. I probably would be the very, very, very last guy to get the call (laughs).

Bosso: Well…

Matt: You know, they’ve been probably… for all I know, they’re probably already having meetings about it. Who knows. They could be in a, like... they could be in a bomb shelter right now with, like, Axl and Slash and Duff, for all I know. And Izzy. And maybe Steven Adler (laughs). I don't know. I don't know! It's so secretive and weird, and just like… And you know what? I can't sit around and think that I’m even gonna get the call. You know, I don't know, I don't know my position. Like, there's fans out there that love Guns N’ Roses, who still love Steven Adler in the band.

Bosso: Right.

Matt: For myself, I thought that first album is the record. It will always be the record. I played all those songs live pretty much nightly for three years on the road, you know? I mean, was I an original member? No. Was I an integral member of the band? Yes. You know, would Brain be the drummer? Probably not. I don't know, maybe Axl would just say, “Look, it's Slash, Duff, Izzy and Brain.”

Matt: You know, I don't know what they would say.

Bosso:  Yeah.  

Matt: But I don't really have a voting right in that band. You know, I can't be the guy to go, “Okay, on…” (laughs).

Bosso: (Laughs)

Matt: “Okay, Duff, it's you and me, Slash, Izzy…” Now hey, you know what? Maybe I could be the guy to get the band back together. Who knows. I could go right up to Axl’s house, and knock on the door and say, “Look dude, come on!”

Bosso: You're the Ringo, you're the peacemaker.

Matt: I kind of…  well, I've either been the peacemaker or the guy that says, “Look, you're fuckin’ up.” But I could be the peacemaker.

Bosso: You could be.

Matt: I have been.

Bosso: This could be your moment, right now.

Matt: (Laughs).

Bosso: You could do it right here.

Matt: Look, I told Axl on the internet - because he doesn't talk to me. I've told him before, I said, “Look, I said some shit, everybody said some shit.” I'm not gonna sit around and kiss his ass or anything, but I'm gonna tell you this: I've said some shit a couple times, I was drunk when I said it, a couple of times I was maybe… they caught me at the wrong time. People say shit. Scott Weiland, everything I said about him is true (laughs).

Bosso: (Laughs).

Matt: I said this on the internet the other day - not recently. I said, the one difference between Scott Weiland and Axl Rose is it that the fucking place was sold out every night (laughs).

Bosso: There you go.

Matt: Even if he was a little late, he sang in key.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5722-2008-06-23-music-radar-velvet-revolver-s-matt-sorum-talks-guns-n-roses-reunion#22585

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There is no chance of Matt. I assume that fact was made perfectly clear to him and that’s one reason he wrote all that salacious shit in his book. He knew the bridge was burnt. 

18 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

There is no chance of Matt. I assume that fact was made perfectly clear to him and that’s one reason he wrote all that salacious shit in his book. He knew the bridge was burnt. 

He was offered a guest spot tbf but turned it down since no money was part of it. I guess that’s what burned the bridge, if anything.

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Not to be a nerd, but slash is slightly off with his timing here (though I understand he was just being tongue-in-cheek).

This interview is from 2018. Slash was in GnR from 1985-1996 and then again from 2016-2018, by this time. So that’s 13 years. Meanwhile, Frank has been in GnR since 2006, so that’s only 12 years, by this time.

But in the words of Peter Griffin: “Oh my god, who the hell cares?!”

LOL been doing the maths too before I reached your comment. :lol: But yeah, from '93 until '96 there wasn't all that much going on GNR wise (at least not much playing), so I guess he's correct in saying that Ferrer is doing it longer.

7 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

It should never be Managements position to dictate what band members can publicly say or not. The band belongs to their members, not some suits (or in this case Brazilian leeches). They should be able to say whatever the fuck they want

Except Fortus, Ferrer, Reese and Reed are no members. They are hired hands. So there definitely are areas where they don't have shit to say and they can't say whatever the fuck they want and questions should be directed at management (which includes Axl and to a way lesser extent Slash and Duff). You also don't see Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne, Nine Inch Nails, Megadeth and so on members do interviews talking about future plans of their employers/acts. They know that they are hired guys and whatever is going to happen is not for them to answer and reveal.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Wouldn't they be okay with Steven playing part of the set? If we believe Steven, that was the original plan (him playing part of the set and Frank playing the rest)

---

O/T, but a good interview with Matt from back in 2008. He was almost prophetic about the reunion :lol:

Bosso: [...] Okay, so let's say Slash's phone rang, or Duff’s phone rang. Or your phone rang. From Axl. Would that be the domino effect?

Matt: I think it would be way up above me. I probably would be the very, very, very last guy to get the call (laughs).

Matt: You know, they’ve been probably… for all I know, they’re probably already having meetings about it. Who knows. They could be in a, like... they could be in a bomb shelter right now with, like, Axl and Slash and Duff, for all I know. And Izzy. And maybe Steven Adler (laughs). I don't know. I don't know! It's so secretive and weird, and just like… And you know what? I can't sit around and think that I’m even gonna get the call. You know, I don't know, I don't know my position. Like, there's fans out there that love Guns N’ Roses, who still love Steven Adler in the band.

Matt: For myself, I thought that first album is the record. It will always be the record. I played all those songs live pretty much nightly for three years on the road, you know? I mean, was I an original member? No. Was I an integral member of the band? Yes. You know, would Brain be the drummer? Probably not. I don't know, maybe Axl would just say, “Look, it's Slash, Duff, Izzy and Brain.”

Matt: But I don't really have a voting right in that band. You know, I can't be the guy to go, “Okay, on…” (laughs).

Matt: “Okay, Duff, it's you and me, Slash, Izzy…” Now hey, you know what? Maybe I could be the guy to get the band back together. Who knows. I could go right up to Axl’s house, and knock on the door and say, “Look dude, come on!”

Matt: I kind of…  well, I've either been the peacemaker or the guy that says, “Look, you're fuckin’ up.” But I could be the peacemaker.

Matt: Look, I told Axl on the internet - because he doesn't talk to me. I've told him before, I said, “Look, I said some shit, everybody said some shit.” I'm not gonna sit around and kiss his ass or anything, but I'm gonna tell you this: I've said some shit a couple times, I was drunk when I said it, a couple of times I was maybe… they caught me at the wrong time. People say shit. Scott Weiland, everything I said about him is true (laughs).

Matt: I said this on the internet the other day - not recently. I said, the one difference between Scott Weiland and Axl Rose is it that the fucking place was sold out every night (laughs).

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5722-2008-06-23-music-radar-velvet-revolver-s-matt-sorum-talks-guns-n-roses-reunion#22585

Oh you mean like that, I was thinking 2 drummers playing at the same time like the Grateful Dead or something. Yeah they would be ok with that.

1 hour ago, Ixtlan said:

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

He was offered a guest spot tbf but turned it down since no money was part of it. I guess that’s what burned the bridge, if anything.

Well I think if they called and offered enough money then he might be interested.

12 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Oh you mean like that, I was thinking 2 drummers playing at the same time like the Grateful Dead or something. Yeah they would be ok with that.

Well I think if they called and offered enough money then he might be interested.

I meant TB burning a bridge with him though. Like “oh, you don’t wanna play on a few songs for free? Fuck you, then!”

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yes, I didn't mean two drummers on stage at the same time :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

---

That was AWESOME to read. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Except Fortus, Ferrer, Reese and Reed are no members. They are hired hands. So there definitely are areas where they don't have shit to say and they can't say what the fuck they want and questions should be directed at management (which includes Axl and to a way lesser extent Slash and Duff). You also don't see Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne, Nine Inch Nails, Megadeth and so on members do interviews talking about future plans of their employers. They know that they are hired guys and whatever is going to happen is not for them to answer and reveal.

A lot of people have a very romantic look at what "band member" means. Its just an arbitrary title in the case of Guns N' Roses. Its nice the other musicians get to use it, but anyone who thinks they are on equal footing with Slash and Duff, let alone Axl, are just plain wrong. Richard, Frank, Melissa, and Dizzy could all be dismissed tomorrow and replaced with a completely new array of backing musicians and it would not really affect the show. I don't mean that to be disrespectful, I like those guys, it is just how it is. If the brand loses Slash, it loses a ton of value. Having one other original member up there also helps with the branding (I think you could swap in Steven or Izzy and it would be the same tbh). With the rest of the "band", they are hired to play the music at the concerts, that is it. If they have to sign some NDAs and not do interviews pertaining to GNR aside from "the tour is great" and "this is my gear!", they probably don't really care. It is not their place. You hit the nail on the head with guys in those bands. Is Daryl Jones out there giving candid interviews on The Rolling Stones? Is Steuart Smith with the Eagles? Nope. 

Guns N' Roses is not really a "band" anymore, and most arena+ acts probably function the same way. You have the band name that generates a ton of cash flow, those that control that name and its assets and activity, and then others who are hired by that name to play the shows and all of that. "Guns N' Roses" is probably mostly controlled by Axl, and whatever drafted up record label/media group contracts and lawyers on retention to enforce what these channels are. Slash and Duff always had a stake in that, as well, as they seemed to keep licensing rights. Now that they are back in the band, they are involved with the shows, and they sure as shit don't want to stir the pot with something that could set Axl off. The "GNR" brand is insanely valuable again with the reunion. Why would Slash or Duff want to give detailed interviews and potentially fuck up the brand right now? Much easier to learn some Chinese songs, sign some arbitrary NDAs, smile with the last bow on stage after Paradise City every night, and do their thing. Team Brazil are unprofessional and annoying, and they have no business playing manager, but really those are just Axl's guys. They serve as an extension of his arm, and I am sure the label/media group, Slash/Duff, etc. don't even really give them much thought in the grand scheme of things. Slash and Duff keep their own separate teams in place. I am not defending Team Brazil, they have zero business being in the position they are and their unprofessionalism shows that, but GNR would be functioning exactly the same with or without them. 

It is not a group of guys who hang out or sit in a room with guitars to write music, anymore, and pretty much no big musical band is anymore. No, it is not a military operation, and it is immensely stupid a rock band is treated with so much secrecy and does not release new music, but that is all on one dude. There wouldn't be a new GNR record without Axl anyways, so if Slash and Duff can't get one out of him, might was well continue with the reunion shows and tie a neat little bow on their legacy while raking in cash. 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Except Fortus, Ferrer, Reese and Reed are no members. They are hired hands. So there definitely are areas where they don't have shit to say and they can't say whatever the fuck they want and questions should be directed at management (which includes Axl and to a way lesser extent Slash and Duff). You also don't see Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne, Nine Inch Nails, Megadeth and so on members do interviews talking about future plans of their employers/acts. They know that they are hired guys and whatever is going to happen is not for them to answer and reveal.

Agree, but you don’t think Dizzy is a member above the rest? Or, that he is at least viewed by Axl as somewhat significant?

23 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

A lot of people have a very romantic look at what "band member" means. Its just an arbitrary title in the case of Guns N' Roses. Its nice the other musicians get to use it, but anyone who thinks they are on equal footing with Slash and Duff, let alone Axl, are just plain wrong. Richard, Frank, Melissa, and Dizzy could all be dismissed tomorrow and replaced with a completely new array of backing musicians and it would not really affect the show. I don't mean that to be disrespectful, I like those guys, it is just how it is. If the brand loses Slash, it loses a ton of value. Having one other original member up there also helps with the branding (I think you could swap in Steven or Izzy and it would be the same tbh). With the rest of the "band", they are hired to play the music at the concerts, that is it. If they have to sign some NDAs and not do interviews pertaining to GNR aside from "the tour is great" and "this is my gear!", they probably don't really care. It is not their place. You hit the nail on the head with guys in those bands. Is Daryl Jones out there giving candid interviews on The Rolling Stones? Is Steuart Smith with the Eagles? Nope. 

Guns N' Roses is not really a "band" anymore, and most arena+ acts probably function the same way. You have the band name that generates a ton of cash flow, those that control that name and its assets and activity, and then others who are hired by that name to play the shows and all of that. "Guns N' Roses" is probably mostly controlled by Axl, and whatever drafted up record label/media group contracts and lawyers on retention to enforce what these channels are. Slash and Duff always had a stake in that, as well, as they seemed to keep licensing rights. Now that they are back in the band, they are involved with the shows, and they sure as shit don't want to stir the pot with something that could set Axl off. The "GNR" brand is insanely valuable again with the reunion. Why would Slash or Duff want to give detailed interviews and potentially fuck up the brand right now? Much easier to learn some Chinese songs, sign some arbitrary NDAs, smile with the last bow on stage after Paradise City every night, and do their thing. Team Brazil are unprofessional and annoying, and they have no business playing manager, but really those are just Axl's guys. They serve as an extension of his arm, and I am sure the label/media group, Slash/Duff, etc. don't even really give them much thought in the grand scheme of things. Slash and Duff keep their own separate teams in place. I am not defending Team Brazil, they have zero business being in the position they are and their unprofessionalism shows that, but GNR would be functioning exactly the same with or without them. 

It is not a group of guys who hang out or sit in a room with guitars to write music, anymore, and pretty much no big musical band is anymore. No, it is not a military operation, and it is immensely stupid a rock band is treated with so much secrecy and does not release new music, but that is all on one dude. There wouldn't be a new GNR record without Axl anyways, so if Slash and Duff can't get one out of him, might was well continue with the reunion shows and tie a neat little bow on their legacy while raking in cash. 

I enjoyed your post. But, even during the UYI tour it was Axl’s way or no way. And, during that era Slash and Duff had equal say, but not really when it came down to it. I recently read interviews with members of Pearl Jam and they all openly spoke how Eddie Vedder wrestled control of the band during the Vitology album. The band further explained that much later and now it makes sense that it’s Eddies band, so I don’t think it’s exclusive to Axl that a lead singer of a major band exerts powerful influence of the band. Duff has gone on record to state he is a member of the band in every sense of the word. Duff strikes me as an honest human being who wouldn’t lie or pretend. I believe Slash said as much in the Nikki Sixx interview. As for TB, I just don’t get it all, but you’re 100% correct in it would be the same with or without them around. However, TB and Fernando especially seem to need to justify their existence with a lot of power trip behavior. I recall Fernando making some shitty comment when the Live Nation tour manager won an award for NITL. He seems to think he’s doing something meaningful for the band, and maybe he is many ways, such as the Lithos, which were one of the coolest parts of the tour. Who ever knew or thought a GNR concert poster could sale for 9k, so he does have great ideas, but acts really shitty at times.