Team Brazil being fucking idiots

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I also literally lol'd at the new title haha

I think we've reached a point in our collective GNR fandom where it's 99% gallows humor on the main forums these days.  It's the brave few who still swim against that current that stand out in August of 2021. :lol:

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I think we've reached a point in our collective GNR fandom where it's 99% gallows humor on the main forums these days.  It's the brave few who still swim against that current that stand out in August of 2021. :lol:

If I was in GNR and reading this board I would either not stop laughing or become totally depressed.

• Like 2

This band and forum was more interesting when nu-gnr was around. After 2017 reunion it has come boring. New tours and same songs. There isnt much to follow. Last time I was here 2019 to see how Axl sounds and looks and what was the setlist. 

Best band in the world, but also really weird nowadays. Really weird how they treat the fans. No interviews or anything about the plans of the band..Why? Who is the boss? Axl or Fernando? Hard to believe that Axl gives a fuck about some podcast. One good interview in year would be enough!  Maybe we'll get the answers one day..

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

In retrospect, the last time GNR did something worthy of 15 pages inside a few short hours it was 2008...and they still managed to fuck that up. :lol:

At least they give stuff to amusement....

:lol:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I have to assume this post is intended as a joke, but in case it's not:

That entire line of thinking was accurate between 1990 and 1991, then it was completely worn out by 1993.

Agreed. It was worn out. But these days it's still entirely relevant to a band that can sell out stadiums based off their first album. Just check the set list.

21 hours ago, WhazUp said:

There is a difference though between letting mystery create hype like what Prince did, and being so unproductive in every way possible save for performing the same songs in the same order, that it just annoys the fuck out of everyone who is supposed to be cheering you on :lol:  I think their inaction publically and musically has really wasted the hot iron they could have stricken with after touring in 2016 and 2017

I don't know if what GNR is doing is creating rabid fans - this is the most indifferent I have seen hardcore and even slightly-above-casual GNR fans be in my 13 years of being here (save for the couple of years here lurking pre-CD).  It would be one thing if they let new music do the talking for them, but it is hard to maintain interest in a band that says nothing new verbally or musically

You have proven my point. Thank you.

Actually this forum and others proves my point. It's not a bad thing. It's an underground movement.. well actually an internet movement. Rumors and stories sell tickets just like it did in the 80's

I don't think it's productive to insult the people running the band tho. Everyone makes mistakes. Would rather people close to Axl than the money guzzling whores from major record labels. Maybe should change the title of this thread to something less aggressive.. funny as people think it is.. (i laughed) it could be much worse. We might never of seen any kind of reunion with Axl and Slash.

Oh and Brando's podcasts are cool. 

Edited by Route66
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Actually this forum and others proves my point. It's not a bad thing. It's an underground movement.. well actually an internet movement. Rumors and stories sell tickets just like it did in the 80's

I don't think it's productive to insult the people running the band tho. Everyone makes mistakes. Would rather people close to Axl than the money guzzling whores from major record labels. Maybe should change the title of this thread to something less aggressive.. funny as people think it is.. (i laughed) it could be much worse. We might never of seen any kind of reunion with Axl and Slash.

ROFL. Made my day. Thank you.

Strictly from a business perspective, I find it hard to criticize the band. I mean, yes, there are all these little things they could definitely do better (and people here are really talented at pointing them out), but most of those things don't matter much to the average fan who make up the bread and butter for the band, and when we look at the bottom line, the earnings, the band has been doing spectacularly well since the "reunion". And that's what businesses are about.

As a band, though, they are odd in that they do few of the things fans want and expect out of their bands. Still, whether intentional or not, it works in the sense that they have managed to remain popular over many decades despite a really abysmal output of music, and can continue touring the world with profitability. The backwards way of doing things creates mystique and GN'R has never really disappeared from the public eye despite changing musical trends. Axl may hate his public persona and what the press writes about him, but they still write about him. He is still extremely fascinating to the public.

I am not so sure patting anyone in the back is warranted, I don't think any of this is part of a cleverly devised branding strategy, but regardless, it has turned out pretty well for the band over the years, and whatever Team Brazil is doing,, they continue that trend. Even if some hardcore fans are getting vocally upset. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Strictly from a business perspective, I find it hard to criticize the band. I mean, yes, there are all these little things they could definitely do better (and people here are really talented at pointing them out), but most of those things don't matter much to the average fan who make up the bread and butter for the band, and when we look at the bottom line, the earnings, the band has been doing spectacularly well since the "reunion". And that's what businesses are about.

As a band, though, they are odd in that they do few of the things fans want and expect out of their bands. Still, whether intentional or not, it works in the sense that they have managed to remain popular over many decades despite a really abysmal output of music, and can continue touring the world with profitability. The backwards way of doing things creates mystique and GN'R has never really disappeared from the public eye despite changing musical trends. Axl may hate his public persona and what the press writes about him, but they still write about him. He is still extremely fascinating to the public.

I am not so sure patting anyone in the back is warranted, I don't think any of this is part of a cleverly devised branding strategy, but regardless, it has turned out pretty well for the band over the years, and whatever Team Brazil is doing,, they continue that trend. Even if some hardcore fans are getting vocally upset. 

I agree. It's not a strategy, GNR are different from other bands and the mystery is what keeps people like us looking up forums etc. It's just who Axl is. It's the same magnetic personality that he was back then. Nothing has changed imo except that the guys came back to GNR and agree with his way forward.

18 minutes ago, Route66 said:

I agree. It's not a strategy, GNR are different from other bands and the mystery is what keeps people like us looking up forums etc. It's just who Axl is. It's the same magnetic personality that he was back then. Nothing has changed imo except that the guys came back to GNR and agree with his way forward.

If anything this bullshit "mystery" makes me hate Axl more and more as time goes on. The way he has self sabotaged this band for the last 30 years is truly a shame and waste of potential.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

But this is all about to change, the tour is selling poorly,  How a band that sold  almost 2 stadium shows ( metlife 2016) and sold 5 shows in the nyc metro area (2017), hasn't been able to sell half the tickets available for this date (metlife aug 5) , people didn't care before covid, people care even less now, they have a chance of doing something like  Live Nation $20 all in.

Exactly. We’re in a different situation now than the pre-Covid NITL initially exciting run. And the sales show. They haven’t offered anything apart from the new dates so far. There’s no proper advertisement, no TV or Youtube appearance (can’t take the Selects seriously), no video clips, no new music, no new single, no interviews online or other, nothing exciting, nada. Whatever the numbers will be, they can only blame themselves. Not Covid, not the “ever complaining” fans, not whatever the hell is happening in the world right now, just themselves. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

But this is all about to change, the tour is selling poorly,  How a band that sold  almost 2 stadium shows ( metlife 2016) and sold 5 shows in the nyc metro area (2017), hasn't been able to sell half the tickets available for this date (metlife aug 5) , people didn't care before covid, people care even less now, they have a chance of doing something like  Live Nation $20 all in.

As far as I understand it, for this tour the band gets paid and the promoter takes the loss. So this wouldn't necessarily be an immediate problem to the band, although it would mean that band would not be able to play large venues in the USA in the future without making changes. But there is a lot they can do when the market is saturated, like doing a LA residency, changing the shows by adding Izzy or Steven, or releasing some new music or a box set, which could allow they to extend the US touring horizon for more years. And if it turns out the US markets is saturated and they simply can't boost the ticket sales, then they can simply focus on other more lucrative markets that hasn't become saturated yet, like Latin America and Asia. I am sure they will figure this out if they intend to continue touring for a while. And even having to drop down in venue size may not mean tours will not be profitable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

...although it would mean that band would not be able to play large venues in the USA in the future without making changes.

All these comments under instagram/twitter like "I LOVE YOU AXEL", "ooh por dios santo! so excited!!!", COME TO MEXICO, BRAZIL, etc" 

proves us wrong unfortunately. The demand for the shit show is still high imo.