Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

Very disappointed.  The parts from the original I hated (intro, bridge) I thought would be replaced and were...but with bland generic crap.  What a shame.  The intro has NO build up.

Also, the vocal mix is better on the original - you can actually hear the emotion in the original ("to save what we had" part), and in this version that's just all wiped out.  Oh well.  

I think what they did with ABSURD is 100% better than HS.

1 minute ago, kozydogg said:

Very disappointed.  The parts from the original I hated (intro, bridge) I thought would be replaced and were...but with bland generic crap.  What a shame.  The intro has NO build up.

Also, the vocal mix is better on the original - you can actually hear the emotion in the original ("to save what we had" part), and in this version that's just all wiped out.  Oh well.  

I think what they did with ABSURD is 100% better than HS.

I had similar thoughts, give it a few spins, it's not as whacky as the demo, but it's a good rocker. Once you get the demo out of your ears.

I can't get on board with people who wished it were like the leaked demo. It had too much of that epic stuff in it when the song is better as a rocker. I guess be glad you have a few versions to listen to. This is a nice compliment to Guns original and a little bit newer vibe that Axl was going for on CD.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

I like the demo much more, even though it sounds overly complicated I find this version is just too “one dimensional”. Having said that, I’m not crazy about either and likely will never listen to the song again. 

GNR is at its best when they keep it simple, that's something that got lost during the "Axl hires any random player" era when they tried to think they were a prog band or something 

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 3