UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

1 hour ago, rockphantom said:

The UYI Super Deluxe Box set is now part of Amazon's current Buy 2 Get 1 Free promotion in the USA. You could buy 2 and get 1 free, if you're into collecting. As a release date buyer this stings.

Perhaps, I should take advantage of Amazon's liberal return policy?

GNR UYYI B2G1-1.JPG

GNR UYYI B2G1-2.JPG

I'll PayPal you the shipping for the free one. ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rockphantom said:

The UYI Super Deluxe Box set is now part of Amazon's current Buy 2 Get 1 Free promotion in the USA. You could buy 2 and get 1 free, if you're into collecting. As a release date buyer this stings.

GNR UYYI B2G1-1.JPG

GNR UYYI B2G1-2.JPG

For sure. You have 30 days free return on all purchases at least over here...

2 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

For sure. You have 30 days free return on all purchases at least over here...

I thought about it for a minute. If I bought 3 more UYI boxes they would cost $146 each after taxes as part of the Buy 2 Get 1 deal.  A savings of $74 per box. However, I do not need 3 more UYI SDE boxes. I haven't even had time to open the box I bought on release date. I can see the UYI SDE CD box being liquidated at $100 each in 2023.  I have reminded myself that I bought the box on release date to show my support for archival releases of live material.

• GNFNR 1

13 hours ago, rockphantom said:

The UYI Super Deluxe Box set is now part of Amazon's current Buy 2 Get 1 Free promotion in the USA. You could buy 2 and get 1 free, if you're into collecting. As a release date buyer, this stings.

Update: The buy 2 get 1 deal for the UYI Super Deluxe Edition has ended.

I would not be surprised if multiple resellers took advantage of the deal.

GNR UYYI B2G1-1.JPG

GNR UYYI B2G1-2.JPG

I think you're going to want to look away if you've already bought it, as this set is going to get pretty cheap pretty soon. It's inevitable. AFD sold reasonably and that soon got cheap (I picked up the non- Locked and Loaded box fir a great price), so this set will be discounted fast. 

I get the impression with these things now labels are deliberately charging prices they know are massive because 'hey, why not, see who buys it' knowing full well they'll hit a more sensible price soon where they'll still turn a profit on them. 

I'd say play the hell out of your copy, enjoy it, and try not to let it sting too much. 

In terms of it not charting, counting the reissue as three separate releases didn’t help. In the UK midweeks it had three entries in the top 100 but then fell away. Even so, Appetite and Greatest Hits still regularly feature in the UK chart but UYI never does.

By comparison, Queen’s The Miracle reissue is heading for the UK top ten this week. Superior bonus content for a lower price is doing the trick as always.

the price for the 8cd version has already dropped to 300 euro, but it's still way too much

it needs to drop to at least 150 euro for me to even begin being interested in it.

at the end of the day I'm only paying for a blu ray concert and some concerts on cd that are thirteen in a dozen.

zero interest in the gimmicky box.

15 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I think they should include this remix.

They've got a few others on that channel as well. I know what I'm listening to all day today. :lol:

2 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

Has anyone recognized yet, that the sound in the November Rain Video on YT has been replaced with the 2022 orchester version? 

Yeah they posted the video the day they released the orchestral version to streaming. Probably going back many pages now for the bit of discussion on it.

Edit: I should also add just so there's no confusion - the original video wasn't replaced - both versions are on their channel.

Edited by James Bond
  • Haha 1

Long time member here. Is anyone wanting to pick up the Appetite and these new LPs cheap? I realize I've grown too attached to the previous versions and have the 3 new remasters opened, but near mint and played once on a nice table. Send me a message and we'll work out an awesome deal!

Enjoying the live material, although I'm not sure how often I'll return to it in the future. Both 2CD packages are more than enough for me at the moment. £18 each in HMV seems reasonable for over 2 hours of brand new live material plus the new version of November Rain.

I can't hear much improvement, if any, in the 'remaster ', it's a real shame they didn't release both albums in remixed form as they would have surely become the definitive editions.

I still can't believe they didn't include a disc or two of demos & rarities in the £435 / £265 boxsets. Pretty baffling. Stubbornly only offering live material must surely have impacted on sales in a big way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Once again, it was a very stupid decision to put the superb sounding remastered NR on there when the rest of the songs sound totally different and not as great. Kills it for me. 

Only in the world of GNR would this decision be made. The new November Rain should have been an exclusive 7" / CD included in the respective boxsets.

That would have been a good reason to pick up the boxset, but a demos & Outakes disc should have been essential.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

Has anyone recognized yet, that the sound in the November Rain Video on YT has been replaced with the 2022 orchester version? 

No, but not sure I agree with rewriting history. Could/should be an ‘alt’ version.

The original is killer too and my problem with the live orchestral version is that it lessens the impact of the core band’s contribution with two dozen other instruments sharing attention.

7 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

No, but not sure I agree with rewriting history. Could/should be an ‘alt’ version.

The original is killer too and my problem with the live orchestral version is that it lessens the impact of the core band’s contribution with two dozen other instruments sharing attention.

They aren't rewriting anything. Both versions are on there:

They're labelled accordingly too. As mentioned previously, the 2022 version was uploaded in video form the day it was released to streaming services.

2 hours ago, svdv said:

Does anybody know the size and weight of the lp box set? I want to see if I can take it as luggage on the plane

and is sounds of vinyl still the cheapest option at 350?

Yes sound of vinyl is still the cheapest at 350 but tomorrow is the last day for the 30% off with code holiday

15 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I think you're going to want to look away if you've already bought it, as this set is going to get pretty cheap pretty soon. It's inevitable. AFD sold reasonably and that soon got cheap (I picked up the non- Locked and Loaded box fir a great price), so this set will be discounted fast. 

I get the impression with these things now labels are deliberately charging prices they know are massive because 'hey, why not, see who buys it' knowing full well they'll hit a more sensible price soon where they'll still turn a profit on them. 

I'd say play the hell out of your copy, enjoy it, and try not to let it sting too much. 

I paid $89 (Half of the original list price) for the AFD Super Deluxe and even at that price I felt like I overpaid, considering at one point I saw it as low as $39. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

They aren't rewriting anything. Both versions are on there:

They're labelled accordingly too. As mentioned previously, the 2022 version was uploaded in video form the day it was released to streaming services.

Ok, that’s fine then, thanks. Doubt they would have been able to change the audio of the one which has a billion views now I think about it.