Slash says what happened with the GN'R name is a "dead issue" (WSJ interview)

• Blackstar changed the title to Slash on the New, Drama-Free Guns N’ Roses (WSJ interview)
  • Blackstar changed the title to Slash: "What happened with the Guns N’ Roses name is a dead issue" (WSJ interview)
45 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Slash suggests again that the new material they will release successively might be compiled into an album in the future? LIES!!

They already released LIES. They will have to call it something else.  

I hope slash hasn't given up on the "holy grail" he speaks of lol 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

That guy on here that always says Rose instead of Axl should love this article. "Mr. Rose...."

4 minutes ago, Walapino said:

looks like Pele wrote this article, wtf with the mr rose and mr mckagan bs?

There is an important detail: Pele doesn't say "Mr." :lol:

It's in the tradition of certain newspapers, like the New York Times and the WTJ to refer to everyone as Mr./Mrs/Ms. [insert last name] in their articles.

• Thanks 1

Again, it's great news.

“One of the things Axl wanted to get off his chest was a bunch of material he’d recorded,” Slash says. “So we thought, ‘Well, that’s a good way to wet our feet.’” The coming material might arrive in a piecemeal fashion, before being assembled into an album. Work on an entirely new record hasn’t begun in earnest.

And there is no official strategy yet about releasing music. “There are no cut-and-dried answers,” Slash says.

We are all about to find out what this 'bunch of material is (or more importantly, isn't)

So Slash was the first to contact GNR's management and not the other way. According to Axl's interview with Globo TV, they were the ones to contact first so I don't really understand this. My best guess is that he completely forgot about the 2010's contact or he didn't even know about it. Maybe that's the reason Forever Together was buried?

Anyway, they're sitting on top of hours and hours of UYI's footage with the idea of releasing it :dance:

• Blackstar changed the title to Slash says what happened with the GN'R name is a "dead issue" (WSJ interview)

In an interview from 2010, Slash said he wanted Oliver Stone to direct the UYI documentary:

If your life story where to be made into a movie, who would you want to direct it?

Slash: That's a good question! I don't know, man. I take what I do seriously, but I don't take myself seriously so it's hard for me to get a perspective of how I'd want to be portrayed. You can get really Martin Scorsese-heavy with it, but there's nothing really that warrants that. So it'd have to be somebody with a little bit more levity. I always wanted Oliver Stone to direct the Guns 'N' Roses footage we have in a vault. It's like three years of Guns 'N' Roses touring that we haven't released. That would be awesome.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t6447-2010-04-07-artist-direct-interview-with-slash

That would be really great, although I doubt Oliver Stone would be interested.

• Like 3

For me, the most exciting part is this:

For Slash, it all started with an inquiry into video footage of the band’s 2½–year, 194-show “Use Your Illusion” tour—a trove he once called “the holy grail of Guns N’ Roses.”

“I was talking to Guns N’ Roses management about making sure all that stuff was intact,” Slash says. “And then, I’d thrown out the idea, ‘It’d be great to find a producer to put this together’” as a film.

This suggests they are still discussing the possibility of putting out the UYI your film.  Maybe this will come with the UYI reissue.

Edited by nambis

47 minutes ago, mystery said:

What about Cameron Crowe who has experience with the music industry? He directed Singles, Almost Famous, and Pearl Jam's Twenty documentary.

That would be cool.

Thanks @Blackstarfor posting this. Were there any other photos in the article apart from the one next to the headline? 

Great to have more confirmation that new singles will be coming out soon along with the UYI boxset. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

That would be cool.

Thanks @Blackstarfor posting this. Were there any other photos in the article apart from the one next to the headline? 

Great to have more confirmation that new singles will be coming out soon along with the UYI boxset. 

There are two more Slash pictures from the photo shoot with the WTJ and something that looks like an instagram story that doesn't open for me.

im-476476?width=700&height=467

im-476462?width=700&size=0.6666666666666

Shayan Asgharnia for The Wall Street Journal

There is also an old GnR picture (Larry Marano/Getty Images )

im-475760?width=1260&size=1.5&pixel_rati

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There are two more Slash pictures from the photo shoot with the WTJ and something that looks like an instagram story that doesn't open for me.

im-476476?width=700&height=467

im-476462?width=700&size=0.6666666666666

Shayan Asgharnia for The Wall Street Journal

There is also an old GnR picture (Larry Marano/Getty Images )

im-475760?width=1260&size=1.5&pixel_rati

Thanks, those are nice pics. I was just asking since they weren't in the a-4-d link. Is anyone else able to get into the Instagram story thing?