Every GNR song ranked (Metalsucks)

ITW is absolute garbage, and deserves it's place on this list.

Who remembers 1999-2002, when we were hearings stories of all these mythical songs that sounded like Led Zeppelin meets Queen with a bit of Nine Inch Nails etc....

Turns out, it was a collection of about 19 songs - that contained absolute turds such as If the World, Oh My God, Shacklers Revenge, Riad, Scraped, Silkworms, Catcher in the Rye, Atlas Shrugged, and absolute mediocrity such as IRS, Prostitute and Chinese Democracy, Perhaps, HardSkool etc.

The biggest waste of time, musicians and studios ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of the better lists though because the guy writing it really is a longtime fan, anyone who "gets" Bad Apples knows what he's talking about in my book. I forgot how good Right Next Door To Hell is, fuck that's a good song. Don't agree with Garden Of Eden being better than The Garden though. Shotgun Blues is also way too low, but I gotta say it took me years for that song to suddenly click. I love it now.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

I love this description of Shacklers:

It’s a fairly weird mix of funk (those fat Buckethead riffs), country (the bridge), disco (also the bridge), rock (the chorus), nu-metal (all the weird screechy guitar parts), torturing R2-D2 (the guitar solo), and the grunts of men rowing an old Viking ship in unison (also the guitar solo).

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

Now this is interesting. The author writes:

45. “You Ain’t the First,” Use Your Illusion I (1991)

Are you listening, Fred Durst? This is how you write a gross song about heartlessly discarding a sexual partner.

Side note: I’m not 100% sure who yells “To the bar!” at the end (Duff maybe?), but I’ve always loved that they left it in there.

I believe Duff is the one answering to this whereas Slash is the one yelling "To the bar!" What do you think?

3 hours ago, Rayno said:

Are you listening, Fred Durst? This is how you write a gross song about heartlessly discarding a sexual partner.

Side note: I’m not 100% sure who yells “To the bar!” at the end (Duff maybe?), but I’ve always loved that they left it in there.

I believe Duff is the one answering to this whereas Slash is the one yelling "To the bar!" What do you think?

I thought that was Axl's voice?

3 hours ago, Rayno said:

To me it has always 100% been Duff. His voice is way different to Slash.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

Chinese Whispers the greatest GNR-knowledge source out there @Blackstar @SoulMonster states that "Prostitute" is a song written since 1993.

I have never stated such a thing, you blockhead. It was YOU who stated it after having read Chinese Whispers, initially erroneously claiming it came from a quote from Beavan in a RS interview, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, the claim in Chinese Whispers is without a source, so we don't know where it came from. 

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I have never stated such a thing, you blockhead. It was YOU who stated it after having read Chinese Whispers, initially erroneously claiming it came from a quote from Beavan in a RS interview, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, the claim in Chinese Whispers is without a source, so we don't know where it came from. 

No, no. Relax, mate.

I wasn't quoted you for that. I've quoted you because "Chinese Whispers" it's freakin' awesome and A4D needs to learn a lot for that. 

Only for that, take it easy. Someday you will be great too!

• Haha 2