09/01/22 - Manaus, BR - Arena da Amazônia

alfierose

1 hour ago, Frankfurt93 said:

Quiet frankly, not many of us here want them to release shit so much beneath GNR level like Hard or Absurd. Let's be honest, the only song those 2 could replace on UYI's is - My World.

Perhaps they realised they are not getting anywhere and don't want to drag GNR moniker deeper to shit.

Maybe that's it.

I don't know though. I firmly believe Axl considers the remaining songs as quality. Maybe they were surprised that people didn't latch onto the "new" singles though. Personally I'd consider it a positive if they've realised people don't like those two songs and that they need to completely rethink their approach. 

The only sensible (not even a remote possibility of it happening) approach is the band getting in the studio and cutting a fresh album though. Outside of hardcore CD fans nobody wants to hear Slash playing Robin Finck written songs... Even if Slash plays it with his style. I love CD and I'd have loved to have heard CD II but it's just too late. When the hardcore CD believer is saying it's too late, then it's done. It's also done because they are incapable of following through with any plans other than touring with the same group of songs year to year. It's just embarrassing at this stage. 

1 hour ago, agustingloger said:

ISE it's the coolest song of their cataloge

I love ISE too, I don't need to hear it everytime I see them though. Sane with Brownstone and RQ

14 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don't mean to be defeatist, but it does seem like this is the end. Duff's talking about wanting to slow down, the new singles Slash talked about didn't come to fruition, and I can't imagine he would be happy about that being axed (even if he would never admit it). Axl's voice is close to shot, Slash isn't even playing at the level he was 6 years ago and has gotten lazy with the solos. I really do think 2022 will be the last run of GNR (and I am happy for the crowds who havent gotten to see them, seems fair they circle back to everyone before they call it) and there really isn't anything left in the tank after 2022. I don't even want to say "I hope I'm wrong", because seeing this band in this state has gotten criminally depressing.

Even if it's not the very end, it's close, if Axl is struggling this much now he can't realistically be going past 65 singing most GNR stuff. And if they are only releasing a couple singles per tour leg, that means it's probably OMG 2/Atlas or Atlas/Perhaps in the next go round, since Axl clearly prefers releasing stuff that's already leaked. Which means that our chances of getting stuff we've never heard in any version, like Soul Monster or The General, are basically zero at this point.

2 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Even if it's not the very end, it's close, if Axl is struggling this much now he can't realistically be going past 65 singing most GNR stuff. And if they are only releasing a couple singles per tour leg, that means it's probably OMG 2/Atlas or Atlas/Perhaps in the next go round, since Axl clearly prefers releasing stuff that's already leaked. Which means that our chances of getting stuff we've never heard in any version, like Soul Monster or The General, are basically zero at this point.

I really do feel like this year was kind of the "now or never" in terms of GNR moving forward with new music or acting as a normal band. Axl's getting old, and them not releasing anything again this soon and going back to the boring setlists/deceiving interviews says to me they're going back to old habits again. Usually the band at least prepares a new cover or a deepcut for a leg, they didn't even do that. Just doesn't seem like GNR really care anymore, and considering they don't care I can't imagine we'll ever hear CDII. 

2 hours ago, Legendador said:

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that, after this run, we will not be hearing from and about GNR from a long time, if foverer.

Based upon?

Gnr will be out touring next summer in the US, I almost guarantee it. A year off to focus on "the next chapter" would be a good idea... Not so good for Axls voice though, as he clearly hasn't figured out how maintain his voice while at home and off tour. They should just run it hard for the next few years and bow out. It's running on fumes but it's still running. I just cannot see them wanting to take the foot off the pedal. IF they do it will be max until the end if the year followed by some sort of residency in Nov/Dec or something like that. I agree that we won't here from them though 

17 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

Time to wake up.

I woke up a long time ago; thats why you dont see me with thousands of posts. The end is clearly near.  But if you dont think someone is going to make some sort of one off offer to them, to get Izzy back with them one last time for some sort of Hyde Park, massive last show, youre selling their greed short.  if Axl can make up with Slash, then they can all apologize to Izzy for fucking him out of the loot during the reunion and have one massive last payday. 

Just watched Iron Maiden's gig at rock in Rio. Had tickets for it, but I just couldn't bother going through all the pain in the ass that is attending a festival like that, so I watched it on tv instead.

I had a lot of fun. Bruce still has it, the band as a whole is still very tight, the setlist is the same as any other shows on this tour but it's something clearly thought through to work and deliver. I'm sure that had I gone to the festival I would have had fun either way.

Next week gnr is playing the same festival and I also have tickets. But the differences are mind-blowing if I start to think about. Different than Bruce, Axl doesn't have it anymore. Different than the members of Iron Maiden, gnr isn't a tight band anymore. The setlist is basically the same as well but definitely not thought through to work and deliver - it gets very tiring at some point. I'm sure that if I go I'm gonna have fun riding on the nostalgia thing of hearing those songs. But from what the band has been bringing to the table I honestly don't see why putting up with all the pain in the ass of the festival if I can watch it on my TV. And if it starts to suck VERY HARD I can just change channels, play videogames or whatever...

It's sad when you look at your all time favorite band and going to see them live isn't a no thinker anymore. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Pinball Wizard said:

Just watched Iron Maiden's gig at rock in Rio. Had tickets for it, but I just couldn't bother going through all the pain in the ass that is attending a festival like that, so I watched it on tv instead.

I had a lot of fun. Bruce still has it, the band as a whole is still very tight, the setlist is the same as any other shows on this tour but it's something clearly thought through to work and deliver. I'm sure that had I gone to the festival I would have had fun either way.

Next week gnr is playing the same festival and I also have tickets. But the differences are mind-blowing if I start to think about. Different than Bruce, Axl doesn't have it anymore. Different than the members of Iron Maiden, gnr isn't a tight band anymore. The setlist is basically the same as well but definitely not thought through to work and deliver - it gets very tiring at some point. I'm sure that if I go I'm gonna have fun riding on the nostalgia thing of hearing those songs. But from what the band has been bringing to the table I honestly don't see why putting up with all the pain in the ass of the festival if I can watch it on my TV. And if it starts to suck VERY HARD I can just change channels, play videogames or whatever...

It's sad when you look at your all time favorite band and going to see them live isn't a no thinker anymore. 

Agreed!

I’ve seen them 4 times since the semi reunion and I’m honestly grateful for that. I just want to see Izzy and Steven on stage with their band one more time.

the more shit they are, the more close the majority of us is to what we want, no Rich, Frank, Melli, but Iz/Gilby/Steve/Matt, the very last card Ax still has up his sleeve.

When it comes down to new songs...ppl here tend to forget what Marc said in terms of song making.

When a song was made, they took it apart and each member added his part to complete the song.

One was in charge of melodies, the otherriff, the third the bridge...

Maaaaybe that input Iz/Matt/Steve gave them is the reason why they can't move forward with new quality songs.

16 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Maybe that's it.

I don't know though. I firmly believe Axl considers the remaining songs as quality. Maybe they were surprised that people didn't latch onto the "new" singles though. Personally I'd consider it a positive if they've realised people don't like those two songs and that they need to completely rethink their approach. 

The only sensible (not even a remote possibility of it happening) approach is the band getting in the studio and cutting a fresh album though. Outside of hardcore CD fans nobody wants to hear Slash playing Robin Finck written songs... Even if Slash plays it with his style. I love CD and I'd have loved to have heard CD II but it's just too late. When the hardcore CD believer is saying it's too late, then it's done. It's also done because they are incapable of following through with any plans other than touring with the same group of songs year to year. It's just embarrassing at this stage. 

I love ISE too, I don't need to hear it everytime I see them though. Sane with Brownstone and RQ

I need to hear ISE and Brownstone more than i need to hear Sweet child

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ratam said:

Someone else realized that it first show of this leg has just 13 pages? Generally the first show has been lot pages more.

Not as bad as on HTGTH. The thread for the show there has about 14 replies, 10 of them from the same person, who even says himself that "the band look as enthusiastic as a teenager on their first day at school" 🤣🤣

Surprised that comment is even allowed. Jarmo seems to have done extremely well removing the forum of all contributors. They have all now "gone to hell" 

• Haha 1