09/01/22 - Manaus, BR - Arena da Amazônia

alfierose

29 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

304848828-599194311665485-57554318025221

There is a fun band in there somewhere, imagine if they kept their 5-8 biggest hits fixed and then did a shake up with the remainder night after night. Sometimes you get ISE sometimes you don't.

Gnr have no pyro cues to follow they can basically play any song at any time. As for video screens they can just shoot the band with the stage cameras if they were stuck. It doesn't need to be difficult.

The only reason for not doing a song or changing it up is the other options are too difficult for Axl to perform on the night... Sometimes this will be the case, other times that's just BS and they just want the easiest route available.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

There is a fun band in there somewhere, imagine if they kept their 5-8 biggest hits fixed and then did a shake up with the remainder night after night. Sometimes you get ISE sometimes you don't.

Gnr have no pyro cues to follow they can basically play any song at any time. As for video screens they can just shoot the band with the stage cameras if they were stuck. It doesn't need to be difficult.

The only reason for not doing a song or changing it up is the other options are too difficult for Axl to perform on the night... Sometimes this will be the case, other times that's just BS and they just want the easiest route available.

sorry but if i'm paying 200 USD to see GNR they better play It's so Easy

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

Guys, I love this forum, I've been here since 2008, are 14 long years. I respect all comments from users who are here because they like the band or a specific member.

I'll wait for the shows in Brazil to draw some kind of conclusion.

The road to Guns is getting shorter, I don't see a future for the band, I'm at the moment when a Guns show doesn't impress me anymore. Clearly they're a lazy band and they're a millionaire for doing these tours without anything new. I think it's the beginning of the end for them.

same. I'll just say it. they are boring as fuck. setlists same order same songs, same rehearsed stage moves at the same time of the same songs. No new album coming, no pyro in the stage show, no axl chats or rants, no interviews. It is the definition of a cash cow. Laziest cheapest show possible, for the highest price they can get. KISS admit they're in it for the money but they spend a million dollars on pyro and stunts every show, at least its interesting. If you have never seen guns before then i can understand why you'd go to see them once, even though it's a shadow of previous tours, but if you've seen them before, why go again. and who is watching these shows on periscope still? cmon guys.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

'Beginning' of the end???

The beginning of the end can be traced back to 2011. But honestly the beginning of the end was NITL in total. Went in half cocked and kt has just gradually lost all momentum. 

Outside of Axl getting his voice back into incredible shape (because new music isn't an option and I don't think I care all that much anymore for it) I'm not sure if there's anything that would excite me about gnr. They are just boring and going through the motions. 

Hoping they bow out sooner than later... Which is an incredible thing for me to say considering I still consider them one of my favourite bands and still listen to the back catalogue (minus Absurd and Hardskool).

agreed. rock in rio 2011. when they came out an just carried on the chinese democracy tour but worse vocally and unrehearsed with no new songs. that's when it became clear what this band was. and it never recovered by a few 2016 shows in the reunion

16 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

same. I'll just say it. they are boring as fuck. setlists same order same songs, same rehearsed stage moves at the same time of the same songs. No new album coming, no pyro in the stage show, no axl chats or rants, no interviews. It is the definition of a cash cow. Laziest cheapest show possible, for the highest price they can get. KISS admit they're in it for the money but they spend a million dollars on pyro and stunts every show, at least its interesting. If you have never seen guns before then i can understand why you'd go to see them once, even though it's a shadow of previous tours, but if you've seen them before, why go again. and who is watching these shows on periscope still? cmon guys.

Also Kiss are retiring and on their last tour (I mean, apparently, rock retirements are always a little sketchy!) and are upfront and honest that there will be no new material. 

They're throwing everything at the wall, performance wise, for one last time, with a setlist that spans pretty much all of their albums. They're also currently releasing 'from the soundboard' archive live albums steadily. 

It's streets apart from what GNR are offering these days. And Kiss were always the uncool, commercial sellouts who released too much merch.....

NB- is that figure about Kiss spending a million a night on pyro/effects etc true, or just your speculation? Just curious on that one, as their shows must be insanely expensive to put on, and their tickets are always way cheaper than GNR! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Also Kiss are retiring and on their last tour (I mean, apparently, rock retirements are always a little sketchy!) and are upfront and honest that there will be no new material. 

They're throwing everything at the wall, performance wise, for one last time, with a setlist that spans pretty much all of their albums. They're also currently releasing 'from the soundboard' archive live albums steadily. 

It's streets apart from what GNR are offering these days. And Kiss were always the uncool, commercial sellouts who released too much merch.....

NB- is that figure about Kiss spending a million a night on pyro/effects etc true, or just your speculation? Just curious on that one, as their shows must be insanely expensive to put on, and their tickets are always way cheaper than GNR! 

I read gene say it in an interview several years ago, and also here https://metalinjection.net/tour-dates/kiss-announce-insane-new-years-eve-show-in-dubai-with-1-million-worth-of-pyro#:~:text=The pandemic will not stop,Advertisement.  though i think it was just for this one off concert they pushed it over the 1 mil. however having seen them twice on this retirement tour, it cant be far off a million dollars!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimiRose said:

I read gene say it in an interview several years ago, and also here https://metalinjection.net/tour-dates/kiss-announce-insane-new-years-eve-show-in-dubai-with-1-million-worth-of-pyro#:~:text=The pandemic will not stop,Advertisement.  though i think it was just for this one off concert they pushed it over the 1 mil. however having seen them twice on this retirement tour, it cant be far off a million dollars!

Yeah, if they spent that then, with the way costs have gone up and all that stuff, it's got to be around that mark! 

13 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

You can always find another band to follow or take up a hobby.. 

People as yourself don't get it.. 

The band does not cater towards you.. 

The band caters towards the people who actually attend live shows.. 

The band isn't going to change its ways but people like yourself get all tied up in knots over something you cannot control.. 

This thread is supposed to be about this particular show. 

But as always people as yourself cannot leave there issues at the door to this thread. 

From your first post it become clear you have an issue with the band before they even played a note. 

You need to deal with that... 

Me, I am more then happy to pay money to see the band play in a few months in New Zealand. I know what I am in for, so happy to take the risk and there will be around 50,000 other people with me on that day. 

All Including myself will be simply enjoying the moment...

So Rock on... 

I'm sure the shows they put on these days are fun but people still look at this band as a creative entity along with a touring entity because they've been led on by various members of the band for years that new music and new releases are coming.

You also have a lot of their peers that started roughly around the same time as them still releasing albums, doing music videos, and giving interviews. Guns in comparison is an outlier and seem stuck in a time warp from 2016 when we're about to go into 2023. 

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

This.

But why? Why they do it like this? They know that this won't last. They know that fans want something new again. Just for money? Are they even trying to make new songs.. And why no interviews? Really hard to understand what is the game plan.

All this potential..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Forgot the pyro, imagine if Axl took a page from Paul Stanley and decided to use pre-recorded vocals. Get some isolated vocals from Dublin 2010 and use those at every show. We could even do Pele a solid and use the vocals from the re-recorded Appetite/Live Era sessions - true 1999 vocals at every concert!

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2022 at 9:57 AM, jamillos said:

On the one hand, this is the classic post- "first show - nothing happened, wtf" kind of scenario. On the other hand, they honestly piss me off. Wasted Potential should be the name of The New Album. 

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that, after this run, we will not be hearing from and about GNR for a long time, if foverer.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

ISE it's the coolest song of their cataloge

• Like 1