09/01/22 - Manaus, BR - Arena da Amazônia

alfierose

Guys, I love this forum, I've been here since 2008, are 14 long years. I respect all comments from users who are here because they like the band or a specific member.

I'll wait for the shows in Brazil to draw some kind of conclusion.

The road to Guns is getting shorter, I don't see a future for the band, I'm at the moment when a Guns show doesn't impress me anymore. Clearly they're a lazy band and they're a millionaire for doing these tours without anything new. I think it's the beginning of the end for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Guys, I love this forum, I've been here since 2008, are 14 long years. I respect all comments from users who are here because they like the band or a specific member.

The road to Guns is getting shorter, I don't see a future for the band, I'm at the moment when a Guns show doesn't impress me anymore. Clearly they're a lazy band and they're a millionaire for doing these tours without anything new. I think it's the beginning of the end for them.

The conclusions have been drawn for years. Some people just won't see it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

To be honest….I got to see ‘the big 3’ in London 2017 and it was just absolutely awesome. Just a brilliant gig and a brilliant weekend. I’m happy with my lot in that sense. At this juncture anything is a bonus as the band moves towards its twilight years.

If they only played sporadic gigs here and there then cool. If they don’t release another ‘new’ song - it is what it is.

I just wish they would milk their legacy and release stuff from the archives - unreleased studio stuff….gigs….everything. If that’s all we got - I’d be more than happy with that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheSlashrose said:

'Beginning' of the end???

The beginning of the end can be traced back to 2011. But honestly the beginning of the end was NITL in total. Went in half cocked and kt has just gradually lost all momentum. 

Outside of Axl getting his voice back into incredible shape (because new music isn't an option and I don't think I care all that much anymore for it) I'm not sure if there's anything that would excite me about gnr. They are just boring and going through the motions. 

Hoping they bow out sooner than later... Which is an incredible thing for me to say considering I still consider them one of my favourite bands and still listen to the back catalogue (minus Absurd and Hardskool).

26 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

With the exception of Rock In Rio, all other shows are not sold out, unlike in previous years.

I live 2 hours from Curitiba and 3 hours from Florianopolis, so I could choose between one of these two shows to go to.
But I'm seriously considering not going to either. Ticket prices are very high (especially for Curitiba) and it's basically the same show I saw in 2016.

while i do believe the band is drawing closer to its end i also do believe slash saying they have revamped more old songs, no reason for him to lie about it so i dont think we will see nothing more from them but in terms of a creative level of new music completely i think them days are passed

Axl tried to keep the band going after the original members left, he did to some extent, but not being able to release anything new must have been very difficult for him personally. It's amazing how a band that hasn't released anything surprising since 1991, that is exactly 30 years ago, still manage to fill stadiums

810m1nVn5CL.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jamillos said:

On the one hand, this is the classic post- "first show - nothing happened, wtf" kind of scenario. On the other hand, they honestly piss me off. Wasted Potential should be the name of The New Album. 

If there were a New Album (but there isn't).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSlashrose said:

With the exception of Rock In Rio, all other shows are not sold out, unlike in previous years.

Recife - selling well.
Goiania - almost sold out.
Belo Horizonte - meh
Ribeirão Preto - crickets
Florianopolis - almost sold out.
Curitiba - selling well.
São Paulo - sold out.
Porto Alegre - selling well.
Argentina - sold out.
Uruguay - can't tell.
Chile - sold out.
Peru - can't tell.
Colombia 2 nights - sold out.

Well, every concert except Ribeirão Preto and Belo Horizonte is doing fine. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cineater said:

Thought this show would be more exciting.  Maybe it's just our view.

11 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

Same...

Why would this show have been different? They play the shows, go home, head back out for the next tour leg, play the same thing and get a big paycheck - why would they change that?

11 hours ago, agustingloger said:

He can't pull it of but at least they release it and play it

True- he could pull it off when he recorded the vocals at least 15 (but maybe 20) years ago...  but now- just no.

3 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

Axl tried to keep the band going after the original members left, he did to some extent, but not being able to release anything new must have been very difficult for him personally. It's amazing how a band that hasn't released anything surprising since 1991, that is exactly 30 years ago, still manage to fill stadiums

810m1nVn5CL.jpg

That book sucked in my opinion. I sliced out the best pics from the inner fold to hang on me wall lol then the rest into the recycling.