09/01/22 - Manaus, BR - Arena da Amazônia

alfierose

2 hours ago, Bluefish18 said:

I agree; I think what we are, and will be, witnessing over the next 3+ months are the final nails being hammered into the coffin of Guns N Roses.  For "The Big 3", they've made enough money to dig themselves out of whatever holes they got into (lawsuits, divorce, etc) and got themselves clear again.  For the other members; Im sure they are all making WAY more money then they ever dreamed possible, and can now take the $$ and fade back into (relative, in RIchards case) oblivion.  A year or two will pass, then there will be some sort of one-off show that Izzy will agree to, Steven behind the kit (whats to lose on only one show?) and that'll be a wrap. 

Is it bad that I hope that's true. To finally end the cycle of thinking new music is on its way. At least then I can stop caring and these pointless daily visits to the forum to check if anything has changed, which I've been doing for 12 years and seen 2 songs released all in all, two songs that are 2 decades old. 

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, metalavenger99 said:

Today, Megadeth just released their sixteenth studio album.

Also today, Axl Rose called two 2001 songs "Our new songs".

That sums up perfectly this show, but also the current state of this "rock band", their past, and their future. 

Yeah, let's talk about Megadeth instead.

So far, I only heard the song with Ice T and the Dead Kennedys cover, Police Truck. I like em both alot, hope the album delivers.

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

You can always find another band to follow or take up a hobby.. 

People as yourself don't get it.. 

The band does not cater towards you.. 

The band caters towards the people who actually attend live shows.. 

The band isn't going to change its ways but people like yourself get all tied up in knots over something you cannot control.. 

This thread is supposed to be about this particular show. 

But as always people as yourself cannot leave there issues at the door to this thread. 

From your first post it become clear you have an issue with the band before they even played a note. 

You need to deal with that... 

Me, I am more then happy to pay money to see the band play in a few months in New Zealand. I know what I am in for, so happy to take the risk and there will be around 50,000 other people with me on that day. 

All Including myself will be simply enjoying the moment...

So Rock on... 

Same my friend. Seen em in Auckland 93, Auckland 07, Wellington 17 and can't wait til December to enjoy em in Wellington again.

45 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

You can always find another band to follow or take up a hobby.. 

People as yourself don't get it.. 

The band does not cater towards you.. 

The band caters towards the people who actually attend live shows.. 

The band isn't going to change its ways but people like yourself get all tied up in knots over something you cannot control.. 

This thread is supposed to be about this particular show. 

But as always people as yourself cannot leave there issues at the door to this thread. 

From your first post it become clear you have an issue with the band before they even played a note. 

You need to deal with that... 

Me, I am more then happy to pay money to see the band play in a few months in New Zealand. I know what I am in for, so happy to take the risk and there will be around 50,000 other people with me on that day. 

All Including myself will be simply enjoying the moment...

So Rock on... 

Yes, absolutely brother, I totally forgot since the day I signed up here till the moment I made that comment; that a 44X Platinum, RnR' Hall of Famer band don't cater towards me or the online community:lol:...  I suppose nobody had to explain to other people at this point that they have a well deserved massive market success. Just saying... they have supporters that they'll make happy by just varying from time to time 1/6 of the setlist, a thing that won't even affect the attending target audience that goes there to listen to the hits,

At the end of the day we're all gonna buy tickets to see them again, I'll keep doing that too, ... I just thought the forum was to discuss that kind of things, I guess I'm the first one pointing out the negative stuff, but yeah rock on man !!!, like you said, people like me don't get it!

6 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

Yeah, they are probably gonna go on hiatus, it could be that after this year, they won't tour until November 2023 for a few dates back in the US. And of course it also means there will be absolutely 0 news, no new music or UYI box.

I think we are getting the UYI box thankfully 👍