09/08/22 - Rio De Janeiro, BR - Rock In Rio Festival

alfierose

12 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Which is short for: "I don't have anything useful to add but I just have to show him how worthless I think his opinion is simply because I don't agree with it."

Well, just as useless your post is. At least mine isn't false. To claim that GNR sucks is ridiculous.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, just as useless your post is. At least mine isn't false. To claim that GNR sucks is ridiculous.

I didn't watch the whole show, but the band sounded good. The singer, on the other hand, did not.

I realize he's old and he's giving his best effort, blah blah blah. That's the fucking point - he's pushing himself as hard as he can and the results aren't worth it. Why the fuck he continues to play stuff like Better, YCBM, Hardschool, etc instead of songs he could sing comfortably is beyond me.

Hardschool is a year old - that's not "new" anymore. Something like Perhaps would fit his current abilities much better.

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

I've watched a few songs and for sure Axl is definitely giving it his all. I can't say he's giving anything less than 100%, but his voice just sounds unhealthy. His enunciation is extremely gurgled at times which makes him sound very "marble mouth" when just simply trying to get the words out. Even the songs that used to be the "good" ones (Jungle and Nightrain, for example) aren't working anymore. I don't think he's damaged his voice for good but I think he needs some serious rest and to reevaluate his approach to the material because his current sound isn't going to be sustainable. It's not even about clean vocals or rasp anymore but just the general tonality and delivery. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

To claim that it's ridiculous for someone to think the current gnr suck is ridiculous. It's an opinion, one that has a lot of ammunition to back it up.

I don't think they suck, but they are boring beyond words

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

I've watched a few songs and for sure Axl is definitely giving it his all. I can't say he's giving anything less than 100%, but his voice just sounds unhealthy. His enunciation is extremely gurgled at times which makes him sound very "marble mouth" when just simply trying to get the words out. Even the songs that used to be the "good" ones (Jungle and Nightrain, for example) aren't working anymore. I don't think he's damaged his voice for good but I think he needs some serious rest and to reevaluate his approach to the material because his current sound isn't going to be sustainable. It's not even about clean vocals or rasp anymore but just the general tonality and delivery. 

Maybe the problem of his voice is exactly the high number of rest. Axl lost his ability to nail jungle after covid pandemic.

14 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

To claim that it's ridiculous for someone to think the current gnr suck is ridiculous. It's an opinion, one that has a lot of ammunition to back it up.

I don't think they suck, but they are boring beyond words

If that's the case why bother with the band at all. Why waste your time signing in and offering an opinion. You are doing this all to yourself and it's all self inflicted.. Its not the bands fault you feel that way and I get the feeling no matter what the band does you aren't going to be happy anyway...

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

If that's the case why bother with the band at all. Why waste your time signing in and offering an opinion. You are doing this all to yourself and it's all self inflected...

So, the bottom line is that you want to read only positive feedback from people? You won't get that here.

But Jarmo has what you're looking for. Though it's dead as f*ck but might work for you. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

So, the bottom line is that you want to read only positive feedback from people? You won't get that here.

But Jarmo has what you're looking for. Though it's dead as f*ck but might work for you. 

No, but if a band supposedly sucks and bores you and you think everything they do is crap (and they have died 20 years ago), why post about them all day long?? That is ridiculous too.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

No, but if a band supposedly sucks and bores you and you think everything they do is crap (and they have died 20 years ago), why post about them all day long?? That is ridiculous too.

1st: kiwi was replying Tom, not me.

You have zero idea what I personally think about the current status of the band so don't put words in my mouth.

2nd: I repeat for hundredth time, everyone in this forum is free to share their opinion. (As long as it's not racist, hate speech or anything similar). If you don't like negative comments, why don't you just ignore it? Are you getting paid by the band to come here and fight anyone who disagrees with what this band has turned into?

Edited by ©GnrPersia

12 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I will tell you my experience, I like to read the concert threads and everything, but I tried to avoid hear them, because what is the point, the concert really is not for people in their homes, so you will not get the entire experience, but Rock in Rio was made for people in their homes, so the sound will be properly done and everything, so I, and I talk about me, had an extremely enjoyable experience...not boring at all...yesterday the high point was Slash, he was awesome.

Respect.

Admins please pin Georgina's message as an example of how one can disagree with an opinion and elaborate in a decent manner.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

If that's the case why bother with the band at all. Why waste your time signing in and offering an opinion. You are doing this all to yourself and it's all self inflicted.. Its not the bands fault you feel that way and I get the feeling no matter what the band does you aren't going to be happy anyway...

Nah. I am very easily pleased, and I have in last few months remarked when Axl sounded good or I thought a performance was solid... I comment here because I would like to be pleasantly surprised one day when something unexpected happens. There is nothing unexpected in the gnr set these days though, but I guess there must be some hope left inside me🤣

And if you don't like people sharing "negative" opinions, skip them. You can live in your gnr fantasy if you like👍 but anybody with their head screwed on can see that gnr is a bit of a shit show, whether last night's performance was good or not. 

New album, fresh setlist. Those are the demands. At this point I'd forego the album for a completely overhauled setlist. 

3 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

1st: kiwi was replying Tom, not me.

You have zero idea what I personally think about the current status of the band so don't put words in my mouth.

2nd: I repeat for hundredth time, everyone in this forum is free to share their opinion. (As long as it's not racist, hate speech or anything similar). If you don't like negative comments, why don't you just ignore it? Are you getting paid by the band to come here and fight anyone who disagrees with what this band has turned into?

I was responding to all the "Ooh, the band sucks/is boring/is done/it's over." people. And I can actually read your signature. Also it's one thing to say you're done/bored whatever with the band, because they don't do what you like them to do, but to say they suck is ridiculous and I will always say something when someone claims that.

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I was responding to all the "Ooh, the band sucks/is boring/is done/it's over." people. And I can actually read your signature. Also it's one thing to say you're done/bored whatever with the band, because they don't do what you like them to do, but to say they suck is ridiculous and I will always say something when someone claims that.

My signature is a tiny fraction of what I think about GNR. So you're still clueless.

But don't take things personal. I just don't think the amount of rage against negative comments is necessary.

Cheers.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I will tell you my experience, I like to read the concert threads and everything, but I tried to avoid hear them, because what is the point, the concert really is not for people in their homes, so you will not get the entire experience, but Rock in Rio was made for people in their homes, so the sound will be properly done and everything, so I, and I talk about me, had an extremely enjoyable experience...not boring at all...yesterday the high point was Slash, he was awesome.

I think it's all down to mindset, sometimes I'm far more forgiving. 

I have only watched jungle from Rio, it wasn't great... But that had more to do with Frank's new way of playing the verse🙉 

My perspective is, great if you get something out of the current product, and if you don't then so what! It's not the end of the world to fall out of love with a band. I still love the album's, I still love the old live recordings 1987-2014. There's a lot of negativity with GNR and when you're on an upswing with your gnr lovin' it is a downer to read it, but that is part and parcel of life of a gnr fan on a forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Nah. I am very easily pleased, and I have in last few months remarked when Axl sounded good or I thought a performance was solid... I comment here because I would like to be pleasantly surprised one day when something unexpected happens. There is nothing unexpected in the gnr set these days though, but I guess there must be some hope left inside me🤣

And if you don't like people sharing "negative" opinions, skip them. You can live in your gnr fantasy if you like👍 but anybody with their head screwed on can see that gnr is a bit of a shit show, whether last night's performance was good or not. 

New album, fresh setlist. Those are the demands. At this point I'd forego the album for a completely overhauled setlist. 

Oh demand? And what happens when they don’t bow to them? You complain a little bit more on a message board? Yeah, that oughta do the trick.