What is the average age of a GNR fan these days?

What is the average age of GNR fans these days?   

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since we’re all board and everyone seems to like participating in polls, I’m curious everyone’s thoughts on this. Especially considering that the 2009-20011 tour just got voted out. What is the average age of a GNR fan these days?

Edited by mikeman5150

8 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

About 40 I reckon

People younger than that are increasingly likely to be of the “GnR were rubbish because Nirvana were cooler” age range, then younger than that they get into the Korn / Limp Bizkit / other crap-rock territory 

when i was 15-17 i listen korn a lot lol, but in the same way i was a hardcore gnr fan , i really like cd for that, the nu metal industrial sound was soo cool to that a guy like axl rose was so fresh now im 26 and the guys r quite out of touch with young people 

GNR is a like a lot of rock bands these days. You get the older fans nearer to the age of GNR members and now they bring their kids too.

My mom and my brother and I go to concerts all the time.  We like the same rock bands. My brother was 3 when GNR came out, but he learned to love them as he got older.  He taught himself to play drums listening to AFD.  Anyway, I think all ages enjoy GNR. Their music still holds up today and most of the songs are still about shit that is still going on today.

• Like 1

They might not be musically relevant, but they're known by young people / teenagers through stuff like Marvel movies, Netflix or tv shows, and obviously merch (not the stuff on their website, but in department stores there seems to always be a t-shirt section with bands like Zeppelin, The Who, The Stones, and GNR.)

Of course there's fans that have aged with the band, but it probably averages out to around 35-ish, maybe 40?

When I went to the '16 Nashville show, 99% of the crowd looked as if they were in their mid to late 40's... which would put them in their early to mid 50's now, and that makes sense. If you were in high school in 1988, you would roughly be between the ages of 48-52 now

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the replies. In reading these answers it seems like the original fans are roughly 50 and the fans of CD are primarily 30’s. Makes sense, I lived and breathed GNR in the mid 2000’s when I was 20. I think most of us that age bought into Axl’s grand vision for CD. Where as the older fans had probably moved on and didn’t care as much

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Thanks for all the replies. In reading these answers it seems like the original fans are roughly 50 and the fans of CD are primarily 30’s. Makes sense, I lived and breathed GNR in the mid 2000’s when I was 20. I think most of us that age bought into Axl’s grand vision for CD. Where as the older fans had probably moved on and didn’t care as much

Or maybe they still cared for the music they became GNR fans in the first place.

9 hours ago, Nintari said:

When I went to the '16 Nashville show, 99% of the crowd looked as if they were in their mid to late 40's... which would put them in their early to mid 50's now, and that makes sense. If you were in high school in 1988, you would roughly be between the ages of 48-52 now

We were there too….don’t think it was that much lol.

Average is most likely 30’s. Yes there’s plenty my age (49) but I saw a lot last year in there teens and 20’s. Was a probably 12 year old girl set in front of us at the Hard Rock, danced all night and sung along with all the songs.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2022 at 10:44 PM, B5Redeye said:

We were there too….don’t think it was that much lol.

Average is most likely 30’s. Yes there’s plenty my age (49) but I saw a lot last year in there teens and 20’s. Was a probably 12 year old girl set in front of us at the Hard Rock, danced all night and sung along with all the songs.

Yeah, there were the young ones scattered here and there like crumbs lol. And I don't know. Most everyone was grey, or going grey. I don't associate that with the 30's so much. Plus, mid-30's in 2016 would be like 9 year olds during the illusions. So it doesn't even make much sense.

On 5/28/2022 at 10:02 AM, Nice Boy said:

About 40 I reckon

People younger than that are increasingly likely to be of the “GnR were rubbish because Nirvana were cooler” age range, then younger than that they get into the Korn / Limp Bizkit / other crap-rock territory 

People that liked Korn at their peak are like 35-40 now lol Also Nirvana vs GnR isn't a big thing among people that weren't around back then

Just judging by the GnR and Slash shows I went it's really was every age, a lot of kids and teens and a lot of old people as well. GnR is still a gateway band to rock and metal

On 5/28/2022 at 12:54 PM, Swedish said:

I'm 23 but I realize that the overwhelming majority of GN'R fans are probably in their mid to late 40s, that's why it's so weird to see GN'Rs social media pander to fans my age or younger... It's so out of touch :lol:

'Cause they know chances of impulse buying shit like MARKET X GUNS N ROSES is much higher among people in their 20s than those in their 40s (unless being in mid-life crisis)