Jump to content

What is the average age of a GNR fan these days?


What is the average age of GNR fans these days?   

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Since we’re all board and everyone seems to like participating in polls, I’m curious everyone’s thoughts on this. Especially considering that the 2009-20011 tour just got voted out. What is the average age of a GNR fan these days?

Edited by mikeman5150
Link to comment
Share on other sites

About 40 I reckon

People younger than that are increasingly likely to be of the “GnR were rubbish because Nirvana were cooler” age range, then younger than that they get into the Korn / Limp Bizkit / other crap-rock territory 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For a split second there, I kinda thought this was a weirdly passive-aggressive question, as in - is it covertly actually asking me my age? :lol: But nah, that's the hangover talking I guess. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

About 40 I reckon

People younger than that are increasingly likely to be of the “GnR were rubbish because Nirvana were cooler” age range, then younger than that they get into the Korn / Limp Bizkit / other crap-rock territory 

when i was 15-17 i listen korn a lot lol, but in the same way i was a hardcore gnr fan , i really like cd for that, the nu metal industrial sound was soo cool to that a guy like axl rose was so fresh now im 26 and the guys r quite out of touch with young people 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GNR is a like a lot of rock bands these days. You get the older fans nearer to the age of GNR members and now they bring their kids too.

My mom and my brother and I go to concerts all the time.  We like the same rock bands. My brother was 3 when GNR came out, but he learned to love them as he got older.  He taught himself to play drums listening to AFD.  Anyway, I think all ages enjoy GNR. Their music still holds up today and most of the songs are still about shit that is still going on today.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They might not be musically relevant, but they're known by young people / teenagers through stuff like Marvel movies, Netflix or tv shows, and obviously merch (not the stuff on their website, but in department stores there seems to always be a t-shirt section with bands like Zeppelin, The Who, The Stones, and GNR.)

Of course there's fans that have aged with the band, but it probably averages out to around 35-ish, maybe 40?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

When I went to the '16 Nashville show, 99% of the crowd looked as if they were in their mid to late 40's... which would put them in their early to mid 50's now, and that makes sense. If you were in high school in 1988, you would roughly be between the ages of 48-52 now

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've always been amazed at how young GNR fans at shows are. I always see 16 year olds at shows, and I have a feeling most People are younger than me. I would think average age is in the 30s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the replies. In reading these answers it seems like the original fans are roughly 50 and the fans of CD are primarily 30’s. Makes sense, I lived and breathed GNR in the mid 2000’s when I was 20. I think most of us that age bought into Axl’s grand vision for CD. Where as the older fans had probably moved on and didn’t care as much

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Thanks for all the replies. In reading these answers it seems like the original fans are roughly 50 and the fans of CD are primarily 30’s. Makes sense, I lived and breathed GNR in the mid 2000’s when I was 20. I think most of us that age bought into Axl’s grand vision for CD. Where as the older fans had probably moved on and didn’t care as much

Or maybe they still cared for the music they became GNR fans in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nintari said:

When I went to the '16 Nashville show, 99% of the crowd looked as if they were in their mid to late 40's... which would put them in their early to mid 50's now, and that makes sense. If you were in high school in 1988, you would roughly be between the ages of 48-52 now

We were there too….don’t think it was that much lol.

Average is most likely 30’s. Yes there’s plenty my age (49) but I saw a lot last year in there teens and 20’s. Was a probably 12 year old girl set in front of us at the Hard Rock, danced all night and sung along with all the songs.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2022 at 10:44 PM, B5Redeye said:

We were there too….don’t think it was that much lol.

Average is most likely 30’s. Yes there’s plenty my age (49) but I saw a lot last year in there teens and 20’s. Was a probably 12 year old girl set in front of us at the Hard Rock, danced all night and sung along with all the songs.

Yeah, there were the young ones scattered here and there like crumbs lol. And I don't know. Most everyone was grey, or going grey. I don't associate that with the 30's so much. Plus, mid-30's in 2016 would be like 9 year olds during the illusions. So it doesn't even make much sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2022 at 10:02 AM, Nice Boy said:

About 40 I reckon

People younger than that are increasingly likely to be of the “GnR were rubbish because Nirvana were cooler” age range, then younger than that they get into the Korn / Limp Bizkit / other crap-rock territory 

People that liked Korn at their peak are like 35-40 now lol Also Nirvana vs GnR isn't a big thing among people that weren't around back then

 

Just judging by the GnR and Slash shows I went it's really was every age, a lot of kids and teens and a lot of old people as well. GnR is still a gateway band to rock and metal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...