I personally feel that GN'R  released ABSURD for a particular reason: to show the fans that this music project does change in style & that a little open-mindedness goes a long way; one cannot just expect another Appetite For Destruction over 30 years later; it would be ABSURD! 😆 All music projects strive to bring the most appealing & most appropriate music to their fans at their times of release & sometimes they hit the nail on the head,  sometimes they fail. ABSURD, I think was a very good message to fans & those who do have the strength to think very openly may very well enjoy whatever is to come out next; those who wanted another AFD may not. But it was a good message, whereas HARD SKOOL which is a very strong retry of AFD isn't as great; it goes to show that diversity & trying new things definitely are good!

• Like 1

Although not a good song, it’s by far more exciting and entertaining in my opinion to release something completely off the rails. I mean, who’d have imagined that the first release featuring Axl, Slash and Duff would be fucking Silkworms? :lol:

kruelty

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, WildStar said:

Great riff yes but very poor song. Barely an album filler and it was pretty shit live

you know, I thought Slash's licks on Absurd were more inspired live and were less predictable melodically, less basic.