Slash in new Capital One Bank commercial

On 7/20/2022 at 2:06 PM, JimiRose said:

I'm not sure if this upsets me more than if he had died. Badass rockstars, punk as fuck, most dangerous band in the world, selling out. I'd say this is the single worst thing slash has ever done. I'd rather he sold out musically. Did an album with beiber calvin harris and adele. But to advertise a BANK. Jesus fucking H Christ. What next? JP Morgan? Trump Towers? Trophy hunting? Fuck you Slash. And fuck all of you saying can't blame a man for making a little extra cash. There are some lines you don't cross. A fucking bank man. In the middle of some of the worst inequality and recessions the west has seen. A fucking American bank too. This is too much. 

I haven't seen the commercial and I couldn't care less that he did a commercial. But how is this where you draw the line? As if the guy who played the superbowl with Fergie in a bedazzled top hat, has done songs with plenty of rappers and pop singers, done several other commercials, sitcoms, video games, and joined NuGNR, hadn't already sold out. This really is too much :lol:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What the fuck do you know? That's right! You don't know jack fucking shit you fucking ignorant, know it all, fucking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant cunt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian, wannabe, high school parking lot rent-a-cop always mouthing off like you're some kind of authority which you're far from. I have to say it saddens me you continue to babble your horseshit to unsuspecting fans n' any names n' numbers you have are of people like you who try n' hurt others to promote themselves at their expense. That's the only real thing you got bitch. It's like Revolver's if not edited, cloudy recollection of events as I've never asked for anyone's shirt bein' thrown out of anywhere let alone say I did but hey he won a contest so he must be credible, whatever, no good deed goes unpunished. I don't work for you or have to do a goddamn thing you think ever. Your opinions of anything whatsoever don't count or mean jack shit to me or anyone in this camp. You're garbage, plain and simple. You're not a fan or a voice of reason... you're a sick n' diseased mind spilling it's bile over the internet. Well now you can drink up the rewards of the crap that's been spillin' out of your pie hole forever here n' enjoy the fermented, feted n' vulgar response you've been cultivating n' aching for... for so long . Find another board this one doesn't need you. Oh n' feel free to jump in all you wanna be web warriors, ho defenders n' bitch boi's, you ain't needed either. For the rest of you... Surprise gigs comin'!!

Daaaang! Sounds like you might be a little bit pissed. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's a rant that Axl posted on here in 2010, directed at one of the old mods.

Oh, I forgot about that. I always liked her posts. Axl just can't get along with women I guess. If you're talking about M.......

Edited by janrichmond
  • Like 1

Guns N' Roses had a song on the soundtrack to a Terminator movie 30 years ago. I love that people think doing commercials is somehow at odds with the band's history. They haven't really been "the most dangerous band in the world" since the day the DJ decided to turn over the single and play Sweet Child for the first time. They're a commercial force, and have been for almost my entire lifetime. Just not a big deal to me.

1 hour ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

Oh, I forgot about that. I always liked her posts. Axl just can't get along with women I guess. If you're talking about M.......

I don't know how he gets along with women, but it seemed like a pretty specific thing that set him off. At the time there was some confusion about whether fans were allowed to wear Slash t-shirts to nuGNR shows. Madison was one of the people insisting that anyone wearing Slash shirts had to turn them inside-out, or they weren't allowed into the show. Obviously, that pissed Axl off, so after a while he posted that rant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't know how he gets along with women, but it seemed like a pretty specific thing that set him off. At the time there was some confusion about whether fans were allowed to wear Slash t-shirts to nuGNR shows. Madison was one of the people insisting that anyone wearing Slash shirts had to turn them inside-out, or they weren't allowed into the show. Obviously, that pissed Axl off, so after a while he posted that rant.

Yeah it didn't come out of nowhere. As I recall, they'd gone back and forth a couple of times before that post, she was antagonizing, and he snapped. She really did earn it, as I recall.

Fuck that was a fun few nights,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, axlslash said:

Guns N' Roses had a song on the soundtrack to a Terminator movie 30 years ago. I love that people think doing commercials is somehow at odds with the band's history. They haven't really been "the most dangerous band in the world" since the day the DJ decided to turn over the single and play Sweet Child for the first time. They're a commercial force, and have been for almost my entire lifetime. Just not a big deal to me.

I totally agree.  ever see the estranged video?   that's over the top.  not a citi bank commercial. I mean citi bank promotes their tours and even offers pre-sale tickets.  not sure if this is actually a big deal or if people are just trolling.  

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 8:14 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

What was the story of Madison? I keep seeing it on some posts, but I don't really know the story...

On 7/27/2022 at 11:14 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

it was way more than that, I won't talk shit about a former member, I'll just say that there was abuse of (the little) power this mod had to the point when shorty after Chinese was released, all discussion about Bucket's contributions was not allowed on the main section cause someone just wasn't into his playing.

Edited by Rovim

No one tell Jimmy about the toy trucks 🤣

I must admit I found it amusing at how triggered Jimmy got at this ad 🤣

I get the sentiment of his post, but geez, there’s been plenty of other shit go down the past two decades that used to fire me up more than this. 

life goes on…. The 80s and 90s are never coming back! 

On 7/27/2022 at 12:31 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

What the fuck do you know? That's right! You don't know jack fucking shit you fucking ignorant, know it all, fucking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant cunt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian, wannabe, high school parking lot rent-a-cop always mouthing off like you're some kind of authority which you're far from. I have to say it saddens me you continue to babble your horseshit to unsuspecting fans n' any names n' numbers you have are of people like you who try n' hurt others to promote themselves at their expense. That's the only real thing you got bitch. It's like Revolver's if not edited, cloudy recollection of events as I've never asked for anyone's shirt bein' thrown out of anywhere let alone say I did but hey he won a contest so he must be credible, whatever, no good deed goes unpunished. I don't work for you or have to do a goddamn thing you think ever. Your opinions of anything whatsoever don't count or mean jack shit to me or anyone in this camp. You're garbage, plain and simple. You're not a fan or a voice of reason... you're a sick n' diseased mind spilling it's bile over the internet. Well now you can drink up the rewards of the crap that's been spillin' out of your pie hole forever here n' enjoy the fermented, feted n' vulgar response you've been cultivating n' aching for... for so long . Find another board this one doesn't need you. Oh n' feel free to jump in all you wanna be web warriors, ho defenders n' bitch boi's, you ain't needed either. For the rest of you... Surprise gigs comin'!!

Edited by Tadsy