2023 WORLD TOUR

9 minutes ago, Frankfurt93 said:

:facepalm::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Now to answer your question.  Imagine being a bitch who actually pays a ticket (!) to see the same setlist being toured 5th, 6th, 7th time. Now, that is what I call a BITCH, a sucker.

You're right. I should be a loser who sits on his ass and complains on a message board about a touring band. You're hilarious. 

Now please continue calling Izzy "Iz". :rofl-lol:

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution

On 12/1/2022 at 8:45 AM, jamillos said:

So he first praises Coachella, thinking he’s in the band, then he has a change of heart, writes shit on the net and gets fired? Sounds weird to me. 
What about: he praises Coachella, thinking he’s in the band, then something happens, he finds out he’s not included, gets bitter and writes shit on the net? This sequence would make much more sense to me than him suddenly changing his approach to the whole thing. 
The question is, how does the "we only wanted to do a few shows" plus Izzy/Steven thing fit in the initial equation, time-wise and all. 

I think he got upset because it was fucking moronic not to be allowed to acknowledge they were playing Coachella when EVERYBODY already knew. He was very much in the band at that point though. Melissa stated that she came in very last minute and had to create a lot of her samples in a very short window.

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

I think he got upset because it was fucking moronic not to be allowed to acknowledge they were playing Coachella when EVERYBODY already knew. He was very much in the band at that point though. Melissa stated that she came in very last minute and had to create a lot of her samples in a very short window.

Fair enough, didn't know the Melissa thing. But as for the acknowledgement, that makes no sense, since nobody knew who was in the band until the first show. It was quite apparent from various tweets who would be there, but there was no official announcement, so why would anyone announce just Pitman? 

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Fair enough, didn't know the Melissa thing. But as for the acknowledgement, that makes no sense, since nobody knew who was in the band until the first show. It was quite apparent from various tweets who would be there, but there was no official announcement, so why would anyone announce just Pitman? 

Oh yeh I forgot about the secrecy of the line up🤣 that was so dumb. 

I guess he was just pointing out the idiocy and acting out a bit because he had like 20yrs tenure at that point.

Not a pitman fan but I agree with what he said 7yrs on.

19 hours ago, allwaystired said:

It is bizarre that they haven't cancelled it or rescheduled it yet. 

All I can think is that BST Hyde Park bunged them a load of money to have no other shows announced for a bit to encourage people to buy tickets. 

its really strange we have heard nothing no update nothing like its been forgotten about 

i know alot of scots got refunds and it wasnt sold out to start with heard they had poor ticket sales 

ive still got my ticket so im holding on to a tiny bit of hope they do a date 

23 hours ago, TAYLOR said:

its really strange we have heard nothing no update nothing like its been forgotten about 

i know alot of scots got refunds and it wasnt sold out to start with heard they had poor ticket sales 

ive still got my ticket so im holding on to a tiny bit of hope they do a date 

I know people that were dealing with the initial show and you would actually be surprised how well it was doing and not that many refunds.

• Like 1

Have to say, i did Billy Strings 2 night New Years run in New Orleans this past weekend and I haven't felt as much bang for my buck as far as concerts go like that in awhile.

2 different shows. 5 completely different sets with no repeats. Different merch options each night. Fairly cheap tickets were made available right before the show started (like $20, when they were originally selling for $60) No major VIP section in the crowd.

Billy's whole career and DISCOGRAPHY have come together only SINCE gnr have reunited.... 

I know we compare GNR to other bands all the time, but my point is that theres so many things out there that are worth the money these days and even things that have come together sine 2016. It still amazes me to see how a money making machine like GNR determines its value compared to how the fans see it. 

Although, I will say I have thought about going to London this year, but im waiting to see the full list of dates

36 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I don't get this delay. They have nothing to gain by not announcing it now.

The likelihood is that all the dates/venues haven't been sorted yet. 

Leaving a big summer tour this late and announcing it in January, when people have no money, and every other major tour is announced is pretty bonkers though I agree. 

Speculating entirely, I would suggest there is a growing gap between the money GNR want and expect, based on the past, and what promoters want to give them now which has caused long negotiations and stand-offs. That's the sort of thing that holds tour announcements up normally. 

• Like 2