Metallica - new song released, new album and world rour announced \m/

-Jaro-

72 Seasons

Coming April 14, 2023

72-seasons.jpg

“72 seasons. The first 18 years of our lives that form our true or false selves. The concept that we were told ‘who we are’ by our parents. A possible pigeonholing around what kind of personality we are. I think the most interesting part of this is the continued study of those core beliefs and how it affects our perception of the world today. Much of our adult experience is reenactment or reaction to these childhood experiences. Prisoners of childhood or breaking free of those bondages we carry.” – James Hetfield

1. 72 Seasons
  2. Shadows Follow
  3. Screaming Suicide
  4. Sleepwalk My Life Away
  5. You Must Burn!
  6. Lux Æterna
  7. Crown of Barbed Wire
  8. Chasing Light
  9. If Darkness Had a Son
  10. Too Far Gone?
  11. Room of Mirrors
  12. Inamorata

27 minutes ago, Rovim said:

kinda boring, never takes off really. the vocal melody is weak. Weak verse and especially the chorus. I'm still going to give the album a chance but this is not my thing. Feels very uninspired. Just my opinion.

Sure it's an unashamed NWOBHM throwback but I think the vocal melody is catchy hetfields voice is amazing, good production and overall a memorable tune after 1 or 2 listens... Also over and out in 3 1/2 minutes, 8/10

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I won’t go if you have to go both days, but I’m sure that won’t be the case

I like the new track. Just a fast, to the point metal track. Hardwired could have used another like that imo 

Are only two-day tickets available?

Yes, currently, only two-day tickets are available. By purchasing a two-day ticket, you gain access to both shows at the venue you have purchased for.

Will single-day tickets be available?

Yes, a limited number of single-show tickets will be available on January 20, 2023. More information will be announced closer to the release of these tickets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Sure it's an unashamed NWOBHM throwback but I think the vocal melody is catchy hetfields voice is amazing, good production and overall a memorable tune after 1 or 2 listens... Also over and out in 3 1/2 minutes, 8/10

What's nwobhm? 

4 hours ago, Lio said:

What a great idea. I would love for GNR to do that. Metallica does everything right.

Apart from there music in the last 15 years lol

40 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

What's nwobhm? 

Apart from there music in the last 15 years lol

Nah there last two records had some incredible songs AND the releases were done incredibly well. Gnr should take a leaf outta their book because 1. Gnr fumbled the release of their 2 singles. 2. Both singles are a bit shit and nobody was blown away by either. 3. When you release a song have a proper fucking video to go with it on the day... Don't be so facking lazy.

Metallica always get attention when they do anything gnr are seemingly happy making loads of cash but nobody is thinking about them or excited by them. 

17 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I liked HTSD but didn’t like Death Magnetic.

If they would have mixed Death Magentic like this new song I would like it a whole lot more, it's a hard album to listen to.... but there's some great songs on there! All nightmare long, BBS, TWJYL, Judas Kiss some head scratchers too like Suicide and Redemption 7/10 album mainly due to bad production and some overly long songs, Hardwired is 8/10 but some songs go on a little long and while the production is better, it's also a little grating on the ears in a different way to DM... at least it's not obviously distorting.