What would happen if Slash n Duff left again?

11 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Axl on his own was arenas, so I'd guess that if he decided to go out without Slash and Duff he'd pull the same crowds. Again, most people buying tickets probably wouldn't be aware that Slash/Duff were gone so that's already a few thousand tickets sold! Depends entirely on how and what could happen that they might leave.

I think he would retire though, he's 60 now he probably isn't that bothered and he could spend his golden years maybe doing soundtrack work like he mentioned.

But when he was doing arenas he still had the voice, somewhat. If they leave now, I think it would be over.

8 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

What about child maintenance/alimony? Do we know if Perla also negotiated a monthly payment? I bet she absolutely rinsed him for everything 😂 

yeah he has to pay that too, but it was also settled before he re-joined GnR. He's not hurting for money that's for sure.

2 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

With Slash's divorce payments to Perla, there's no way he's leaving this money train again.

20 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

What about child maintenance/alimony? Do we know if Perla also negotiated a monthly payment? I bet she absolutely rinsed him for everything 😂 

He could have whatever arrangement he has with Perla renegotiated if he was having difficulty paying her.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

The only way Axl would be able to continue GNR without Slash and Duff is if Izzy and Steven/Matt stepped in and there was new music.

That wouldn't help make/keep the band big. It's Slash or bust from that perspective. Most people haven't got a clue who Izzy, Matt, or Steven are

I too can’t foresee it ever happening. They're in a state of suspended animation, where equilibrium is being retained through total lack of creative endeavour. 

basically, if they shut up and keep playing the oldies ad nauseum, they’ll keep making money. 

the second they sit down and start labouring over anything remotely creative, they open themselves up to falling out and risking their regular pay day. It’s a bit like a married couple who just avoid talking … they can’t fight if they’re not talking to one another. 

Hypothetically, if duff left, they’d maybe rumble forth. Tommy Stinson’s phone may be a-ringing. Todd Kerns would be a safer pair of hands, just because of his rapport with slash and legitimate ability, the guy can sing/play like a mf’er. Though Axl might feel uncomfortable bringing in…  

a) a slash ally from the SMKC sphere 

b) someone who can sing better than him at this point. 

the casual fans (of which I’m sure there are many, and rightfully so, don’t need to be a card carrying alpha-nerd to see a live band) are gonna be satiated by the familiar top hat/ginger hair.

if slash left, I imagine it’d be curtains. Axl would put out an f’n hyper-diplomatic statement thanking slash and wishing him well in future endeavours, hint at future tours without him, but it’d be seriously redundant to try and get people fired up about it again, so he’d go back into hiding. Who knows, could trigger the Axl book. 

• Like 1

I personally think that Slash and Duff leaving Axl would destroy him and he'd have a mental breakdown. They are two of his best Friends, and then leaving him once nearly destroyed him . Them leaving him again would destroy him. He'd have a REALLY hard time getting dumped a second time. 😳

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

6 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I guess it would be over, which I wouldn't mind.

It feels like it's kinda over anyway now since Axl seems to be done as an artist.

That’s exactly how I feel about it.

I didn’t even bother seeing them on this current 2022 tour and my friends and family were shocked… I was kinda shocked too.

9 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

But when he was doing arenas he still had the voice, somewhat. If they leave now, I think it would be over.

Yeah, he could still put on a great show and hold it with his voice alone. Without the distractions he would be back front and centre... unless of course he was to hire a huge name guitarist and bassist that could take the heat off him. I think the general consensus is right though, it would be over and done with!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Karice said:

I personally think that Slash and Duff leaving Axl would destroy him and he'd have a mental breakdown. They are two of his best Friends, and then leaving him once nearly destroyed him . Them leaving him again would destroy him. He'd have a REALLY hard time getting dumped a second time. 😳

They are 60 year old guys. I don’t think that level of emotion is invested in it any longer. I’m sure they still have the capacity to be grumpy with one another, but a breakdown? I think you’re overestimating their relationship. They’re business partners first and foremost, I doubt they’re going out for margaritas or braiding eachothers hair on their days off. 

a 60 year old man having a ‘breakdown’ because the band split? Not likely… the legacy is built, they climbed the mountain.

Axl’s accountant and TB might … that’s one gravy train they don’t wanna stop. 

• Like 3

What do you think fan reaction to Slash and Duff splitting from the band would be?

Do you think people would explode in shock, or be more like "saw this coming eventually. :/ "

If both Slash and Duff died, I don't think the band would continue out of respect for them, but if only one of them leaves the band by unfortunately dying, what do you think would happen to the band?

Edited by BucketEgg

3 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

What do you think fan reaction to Slash and Duff splitting from the band would be?

Do you think people would explode in shock, or be more like "saw this coming eventually. :/ "

With the rumors of how much alimony Slash pays Perla per month I definitely would be in the "shocked" category if he ever left GNR lol

4 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

If both Slash and Duff died, I don't think the band would continue out of respect for them, but if only one of them leaves the band by unfortunately dying, what do you think would happen to the band?

I don't think anybody would be in shock, including Axl.

The general public would barely notice, imo. GnR are total has beens at this point because they never release anything worth notice. 

It's as simple as that - we, the people on this board, are probably the most hardcore fans the band has left. And I don't get the vibe that anybody here would have a meltdown if it stops now.

Because it's pretty much over anyway.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I don't think anybody would be in shock, including Axl.

The general public would barely notice, imo. GnR are total has beens at this point because they never release anything worth notice. 

It's as simple as that - we, the people on this board, are probably the most hardcore fans the band has left. And I don't get the vibe that anybody here would have a meltdown if it stops now.

Because it's pretty much over anyway.

Sad but true.

I'm sure a few hundred thousand casual music fans would be disappointed to not have caught the original 3 as part of their live show bucket-list (even though they've had ample opportunity). But as a hardcore GNR fan, I'd actually not really care. It's not like they've done anything remotely interresting since regrouping, so it's no big loss. 

I'm one of the few hardcore Guns fans who hasn't even bothered seeing the reunion. Saw NuGuns several times between 2006-2012, by 2016 my interest in seeing the same setlist had diminished to practically zilch. Really don't care that it's Slash and Duff playing with Axl instead of Ron and Tommy. The songs are the same and there's nothing new to excite me or entice me to see them. They have made themselves a band for casual music fans who only come to shows to see Appetite and November Rain. I became a fan because of the whole canon of work and in the vain hope of more music being produced at that quality. They didn't bother so I checked out. I'm sure they're not losing any sleep over that, but nor am I if they decide to call it quits tomorrow. 

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

It'll be the best thing to happen to this carnation of the band in my opinion. AXL clearly not interested in recording. And I'd rather them quit than tour into eternity and destroy the legacy. Slash/duffleaving my trigger music/or not

Funny, folks thought them joining would trigger new music....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Karice said:

You have no clue lol

• Like 1