The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

Which show is this?   I know The Hyde Park one still isn’t sold out and it’s been six months now. 

Netherlands. It was supposed to be at Landgraaf with 60,000 ppl expected, but as only 15,000 tickets had been sold last month, they moved it 60K to a smaller venue with a 30,000 capacity that has a festival the weekend before. I haven't really followed or kept up with the rest, so no idea how they're doing.

• GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, Lio said:

Netherlands. It was supposed to be at Landgraaf with 60,000 ppl expected, but as only 15,000 tickets had been sold last month, they moved it 60K to a smaller venue with a 30,000 capacity that has a festival the weekend before. I haven't really followed or kept up with the rest, so no idea how they're doing.

Cheers. I guess there are a lot of factors to be taken into account with the squeeze on everyone’s finances. 

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

"I have" probably refers to bits added to Absurd and Hard Skool. 

I really can't see it being anything else than that, sadly. 

It's more than likely the work he did for songs like HardSkool, Absurd and the other few Slash worked on. I highly doubt it's anything brand new fresh album related

On 4/26/2023 at 5:23 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

That's a big regret for me too... I think he played acoustic shows in my city twice but I went to other shows instead, thinking I'd have many more opportunities to see him...

A close friend of mine had tickets to go see Cornell at the Bergen Performing Arts Center here in NJ. He asked me to go with him. I didn't want to use up a vacation day for work so I said no. At the time, I was thinking there would be another chance to see Cornell when I had more vacation days. Unfortunately, that didn't work out.  

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

A close friend of mine had tickets to go see Cornell at the Bergen Performing Arts Center here in NJ. He asked me to go with him. I didn't want to use up a vacation day for work so I said no. At the time, I was thinking there would be another chance to see Cornell when I had more vacation days. Unfortunately, that didn't work out.  

You never know when a musicians’ show will be their last. I always say just go. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Draguns said:

One the one hand I'm just so happy that I got to see Soundgarden twice and Cornell solo once but on the other hand his death is still the one that kind of hurts the most. Can't really listen to any of his music anymore without that sinking feeling coming up.

Just yesterday my brother in law and me were debating over the greatest Soundgarden songs and I blasted Beyond the wheel across the neighborhood and man... What a voice.

So anyway, yeah, these guys aren't getting any younger and healthier, so one should just take the chance and see them, if one can make it working out somehow.

Edited by Spoon87

21 hours ago, avahland said:

First time ever he really confirms that they have worked on new music ?
Finally some good news....now just wait for more.

We've heard this from Slash already. Nothing to see here, yet another cryptic crap bit from the band, the sentence literally couldn't have been shorter. After all, 4tus is not allowed to say anything anyway. 

A new single or 2 is the maximum I would expect this year. We know they wanna do yet another tour first before starting some album work.

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

We've heard this from Slash already. Nothing to see here, yet another cryptic crap bit from the band, the sentence literally couldn't have been shorter. After all, 4tus is not allowed to say anything anyway. 

A new single or 2 is the maximum I would expect this year. We know they wanna do yet another tour first before starting some album work.

It's not cryptic, though, is it? He was asked specifically if he could record new GN'R tunes in his studio and he responded that he already have. 

45 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It's not cryptic, though, is it? He was asked specifically if he could record new GN'R tunes in his studio and he responded that he already have. 

If you choose to not understand, then you will not understand. He could have expanded on the topic, couldn't he. But he can't, so he didn't. But maybe he still could have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

that's what I said when I went to see Chris Cornell.. :mellow:

I really wanted to see him, but I didn't. It's a shame. Chris Cornell is one of my favourite artists of all time, but I never got around to see him.

Anyways... I have seen GnR 3 times already and I was at the last show of Velvet Revolver. So I won't have much GNR regrets I guess. Have seen Duff with Walking Papers as well.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

I really wanted to see him, but I didn't. It's a shame. Chris Cornell is one of my favourite artists of all time, but I never got around to see him.

Anyways... I have seen GnR 3 times already and I was at the last show of Velvet Revolver. So I won't have much GNR regrets I guess. Have seen Duff with Walking Papers as well.

I saw Cornell when GNR had Soundgarden open up for them in Dec ‘91. It was before Soundgarden popped so I didn’t have an appreciation for him yet. Too bad for me!

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

If you choose to not understand, then you will not understand. He could have expanded on the topic, couldn't he. But he can't, so he didn't. But maybe he still could have. 

But that's not really being cryptic, but let's not get into the semantics of that :lol:

Of course he could choose to disclose more of what he has done with GN'R, but equally of course he feels it isn't his job to do so. So what he said is what we knew from before: That he has recorded more for GN'R that hasn't been released yet.

36 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

But that's not really being cryptic, but let's not get into the semantics of that :lol:

Of course he could choose to disclose more of what he has done with GN'R, but equally of course he feels it isn't his job to do so. So what he said is what we knew from before: That he has recorded more for GN'R that hasn't been released yet.

Thank god TB have you! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Please enlighten me how this is connected to Team Brazil?

Excuse my speculations, @jamillos, but could it be that you think it is per orders from Team Brazil that band members are reluctant to talk about the band's plans and not to please Axl who has had a famously strained relationship with the press since the 1990s and obviously are not interested in talking about the band's plan, and to boot, is also well known for being pretty lousy at actually executing on plans? In your mind, is TB the power behind the throne that dictates what band members can say and not say, while keeping Axl locked up in the basement or something? And who miraculously, and obviously to their testament as Machiavellian geniuses, have now managed to ensnare Duff and Slash into the same oath of secrecy?