The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

True, but GnR seem to only be putting out songs in pairs, unless they’ve decided now to just drop the remaining four songs from the Covid sessions all at once. That would be cool! We know that Perhaps and The General are two of those songs. I guess that other two are Atlas and… OMG, maybe?

Atlas and Oklahoma I guess 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Some news regarding this: the setlist is real. The General is officially part of the setlist.

The photos that can be seen in my quoted post are part of an album that was uploaded to Facebook by Blabbermouth (or the author of the article), as part of this article:
https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-bring-out-rarities-at-2023-tour-launch-in-abu-dhabi

Unfortunately, it seems like Team Brazil has contacted them and the Facebook post is now deleted (as it can be seen in the article). So the pictures are all gone.

However, this morning I googled the article, and in images there is still a cached (but pixelated) image of the setlist. It can still be accessed from here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=GUNS+N'+ROSES+Bring+Out+Rarities+At+2023+Tour+Launch+In+Abu+Dhabi&sxsrf=APwXEdchx9549wxY2VsavnUeLJ0E-cL7EA:1686067635952&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjrgYi0g6__AhX4rZUCHb_3ALsQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1920&bih=961&dpr=1#imgrc=X2c_oC_MbGYibM

Sin_titulo.png

This confirms that the setlist is legit, that at some point it was part of the article (the photos were taken BY the journalist who covered the show), and that The General is on the other page of the setlist.

The General and Perhaps are the two known songs that Gn'R are set to debut live and release officially.

Huge news :)

A friendly reminder that I love you.

FUCK YES

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Not a fan of Atlas, SoG, etc.?

I don't like atlas a lot, but I would not mind hearing SoG for example, but in my mind The General, Soul Monster or Seven are better songs that the other ones, more epic as Slash said!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Some news regarding this: the setlist is real. The General is officially part of the setlist.

The photos that can be seen in my quoted post are part of an album that was uploaded to Facebook by Blabbermouth (or the author of the article), as part of this article:
https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-bring-out-rarities-at-2023-tour-launch-in-abu-dhabi

Unfortunately, it seems like Team Brazil has contacted them and the Facebook post is now deleted (as it can be seen in the article). So the pictures are all gone.

However, this morning I googled the article, and in images there is still a cached (but pixelated) image of the setlist. It can still be accessed from here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=GUNS+N'+ROSES+Bring+Out+Rarities+At+2023+Tour+Launch+In+Abu+Dhabi&sxsrf=APwXEdchx9549wxY2VsavnUeLJ0E-cL7EA:1686067635952&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjrgYi0g6__AhX4rZUCHb_3ALsQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1920&bih=961&dpr=1#imgrc=X2c_oC_MbGYibM

Sin_titulo.png

This confirms that the setlist is legit, that at some point it was part of the article (the photos were taken BY the journalist who covered the show), and that The General is on the other page of the setlist.

The General and Perhaps are the two known songs that Gn'R are set to debut live and release officially.

Huge news :)

This has made my year! Thanks fella 🤘

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Keeping expectations non existent. We've been here too many times before for me to get excited. Once it's out I'll talk about it lol. 

soon is a risky word, but the Perhaps soundcheck and The General in the setlist, it's at least a good sign that maybe something is (finally) coming after Absurd and HS. 

it would kinda make sense cause maybe what Slash said was true about the few unreleased CD tunes they were going to release next, it's just that Axl for whatever reason delayed it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I've always believed in The General!

Brain's description of it and the fact Brain came up with it makes me want to extra hear it. Pretty cool that Josh came up with the Chinese title track and then Brain came up with The General. Must be heard.

• Like 1

I was just browsing Apple Music, the “new music” section specifically. Don’t get too excited, there was nothing Guns N’ Roses there, but I did see this:

b1ae0fa9657be997c4c73a5fc71dbdb8.jpg

Seems like a fitting title haha

(not complaining btw, just thought it was funny)

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2023 at 11:12 AM, RichardNixon said:

If you sell 12 copies of an album it will make the top 200, since no one buys albums anymore.

The Billboard 200 is sad--27 Taylor Swift albums, Rumors by Fleetwood Mac in the top 30 for some reason, generic pop, country, rap, and GHs from legacy acts. Rock is dead. 

Rock is not dead, it's just not dominating the charts like it used to and people like to use that to support the idea that rock is dead. The rock and metal genres are alive and well, you just have to dig a little deeper to find quality music. 

I understand the appeal of buying a CD or Vinyl record but on the other side of the coin, why would I spend $12 on an album when I can pay roughly the same amount monthly to have the same album and millions of songs that I can listen to anywhere? Hell you can even find the songs for free on YouTube most of the time. If you want to support your favorite artists, buy some merch. They make a lot more money off of merch than album sales these days.

• Like 3