The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

5 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

Can I see the source for that quote? :o

Well maybe, but we heard Hard School, Absurd, Silkworms, Perhaps, State of Grace if it comes out, you know what I mean, for us normal diehards :lol:

Sebastian Bach said way back in like the 2009-2011 era that Axl told him that The General was the sequel to Estranged.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

'Cautiously excited' would describe my mood about all this. 

I don't think that list is fake....but whether we ever get to hear it, I don't know. A little bit of me wonders if us discovering and discussing it reduces the chancea of it happening. 

What kind of sick fuckers are this band if they don't play a song because horror upon horrors, their music starved fans are EXCITED TO HEAR IT!!

13 minutes ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

Once again this forum turns into the Marillion forum because of all the Clutching At Straws going on…

I was sure it would be fake but after reading the thread it appears real. Unless it is not real. Then it is fake

This is something

maybe

or it’s not something

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

Gotta love the effort this band go to in order to keep 30 people on a forum from being at all excited about what they're doing

It would make sense if they didn’t want to spoil surprises, but this band doesn’t surprise us nor give us concrete information about anything beyond toy trucks and sweatshirts labeled as “summer collection” merch.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Just spent several minutes explaining to my wife that there is a 20 year old song called the General named after some Chinese food that we may have heard on a dodgy phone recording a few years back and it's supposedly the holy grail of GNR. 

Fast forward several years and a photo of a set list shows up and if you zoom in closely there is clearly a 2nd page underneath with some text coming through that seems to say the General and it may or may not be legit but seems to be... 

She wasn't too excited. 

Man do I relate :lol:

• Haha 3
  • ABSUЯD 1

35 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Just spent several minutes explaining to my wife that there is a 20 year old song called the General named after some Chinese food that we may have heard on a dodgy phone recording a few years back and it's supposedly the holy grail of GNR. 

Fast forward several years and a photo of a set list shows up and if you zoom in closely there is clearly a 2nd page underneath with some text coming through that seems to say the General and it may or may not be legit but seems to be... 

She wasn't too excited. 

My wife has been through the whole Chinese saga w me. I rarely bring anything up anymore unless something has actually happened lol. 

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

She wasn't too excited. 

This is sadly relatable AF.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

My wife has been through the whole Chinese saga w me. I rarely bring anything up anymore unless something has actually happened lol. 

100% me too 😂 Since 2004. I met her in 2005, so at least she had a year off.

• Haha 1

So I guess now the question becomes how are they going to roll out these tracks.

It’d be awfully cool if they dropped Perhaps, The General & Atlas Shrugged all on the same day…

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Axl sounded pretty good on the Perhaps sound check. 

I really hope the mixes of The General and Perhaps are done well, I hate to say that's my concern, and Slash's leads. 

The vocals from 1999 did sound as expected

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

Axl sounded pretty good on the Perhaps sound check. 

I really hope the mixes of The General and Perhaps are done well, I hate to say that's my concern, and Slash's leads. 

I only listened on my phone speaker, but it didn't sound like Axl was there? It sounded like Duff, Melissa and an Axl backing track, and Axl will probably do the 'all alone' parts live... fuck I'm gonna have to re-listen to it with headphones now.

And yea, I'm glad the General might finally be a reality, but I really hope it sounds better than the 2021 singles.

• Like 1