The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

2 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Guys, I wouldnt get too excited for this.

We’ll be waiting a long time till these guys release anything

It’s hard not to get a bit excited when they are sound checking unreleased material and the General is on a set list sheet that’s real. 

The General is the absolute holy grail of the CD era. The thought that it could be officially released in the near future is about the most exciting thing that could happen other than a new album being released. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

The General is the absolute holy grail of the CD era. The thought that it could be officially released in the near future is about the most exciting thing that could happen other than a new album being released. 

I'm definitely curious to hear it but I don't know if it's the holy grail lol. Just keep in mind how hyped up Prostitute was, and then lots of fans hated it. Atlas was a 'big gun' and ended up being mediocre. What we've heard of the General sounds cool, but so does Me & My Elvis, Circus Maximus, Zodiac, etc.

I'm just glad they might release something that, for the most part, hasn't already leaked. :lol:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, novemberparadise23 said:

Is anybody checking the Spotify algorithms?!????!!! 😂 

But  seriously I hope this is a promising  development 

I really don't wanna go down that road again, but.... Perhaps and The General bring GNR on the results. Only these two songs, no other from the leaks or whatever.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm definitely curious to hear it but I don't know if it's the holy grail lol. Just keep in mind how hyped up Prostitute was, and then lots of fans hated it. Atlas was a 'big gun' and ended up being mediocre. What we've heard of the General sounds cool, but so does Me & My Elvis, Circus Maximus, Zodiac, etc.

I'm just glad they might release something that, for the most part, hasn't already leaked. :lol:

Prostitute ended up being awesome. Checkmate/Jackie Chan/ Hard School ended up being really good especially the 2000 version. The General is an epic style Axl Rose song. TWAT, Prostitute, Maddy, are all good. Epics are what the guy does the best. I think it’s a good bet it’s gonna be awesome. The crappy cell phone clip sounds like an awesome song. 

Side Note- are we sure SOG didn’t morph into the General? I think it’s very odd that it is basically a complete song and was not on that 2008 leaked email list. 

15 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yeah I was about to tell everybody to calm their titties because for nearly two decades we all thought Atlas was gonna be “the next November Rain,” and then it wasn’t.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Prostitute ended up being awesome. Checkmate/Jackie Chan/ Hard School ended up being really good especially the 2000 version. The General is an epic style Axl Rose song. TWAT, Prostitute, Maddy, are all good. Epics are what the guy does the best. I think it’s a good bet it’s gonna be awesome. The crappy cell phone clip sounds like an awesome song. 

Side Note- are we sure SOG didn’t morph into the General? I think it’s very odd that it is basically a complete song and was not on that 2008 leaked email list. 

Prostitute is my favourite song on CD but the reaction when it finally leaked was definitely mixed. We've built up songs before (Sorry is another example) and then people are let down when they finally hear it.

The cell phone clip of The General sounds cool but I can't form much of an opinion from it. I don't think SOG has anything to do with The General though, who knows why it wasn't listed in the 2008 email... it could've been replaced by Cuban Skies or something else :shrugs:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I was about to tell everybody to calm their titties because for nearly two decades we all thought Atlas was gonna be “the next November Rain,” and then it wasn’t.

That’s because those idiots at Classic Rock Magazine described it as Glam Rock November Rain and it sounded nothing like that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Prostitute is my favourite song on CD but the reaction when it finally leaked was definitely mixed. We've built up songs before (Sorry is another example) and then people are let down when they finally hear it.

The cell phone clip of The General sounds cool but I can't form much of an opinion from it. I don't think SOG has anything to do with The General though, who knows why it wasn't listed in the 2008 email... it could've been replaced by Cuban Skies or something else :shrugs:

Sorry was another song that was described nothing like it sounds like. 
Forgot about Cuban Skies. There has to be at least ten more songs with vocals. 

• Like 1

I wonder if perhaps and hard school had never leaked, would the band be playing them live.. imagine our excitement levels if Perhaps never leaked… we’d be hearing this epic song being soundchecked… shitting our pants 

Edited by Underhardy
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

I wonder if perhaps and hard school had never leaked, would the band be playing them live.. imagine our excitement levels if Perhaps never leaked… we’d be hearing this epic song being soundchecked… shitting our pants 

And we’d all think Slash wrote it (either in 1996 or recently).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

And we’d all think Slash wrote it (either in 1996 or recently).

It sounds like it could have been written by the old band. It’s always kind of reminded me a bit of Yesterdays for some reason. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Epics are Civil War, Breakdown, Locomotive, Estranged, Coma. In my opinion, nothing on CD competes on any level with previous GNR epics. Those grandiose ideas that Axl had for CD just didn’t pan out.

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

53 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Well, hopefully this mythologized song gets released sooner than later so that everybody who has been waiting for it for so long gets closure :)

Meanwhile, Perhaps soundcheck has already been picked up by music outlets

https://consequence.net/2023/06/guns-n-roses-perhaps-soundcheck-tel-aviv/

And Ultimate Classic Rock too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Arnuld said:

My wife has been through the whole Chinese saga w me. I rarely bring anything up anymore unless something has actually happened lol. 

My wife was with me through the whole GnR saga too. 

Until she divorced me…. 

I think the wait time between Chinese and any new material was too much for her to handle. 

Edited by HollyWoodRose84
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Zodiac 13, Berlin/Oklahoma, Quick Song and Seven are also missing from that list. However, they may have been named differently on it, or intended for CD1 (that list had Catcher and was from January of 2008) or for CD3.

1 hour ago, smokingarthur said:

Epics are Civil War, Breakdown, Locomotive, Estranged, Coma. In my opinion, nothing on CD competes on any level with previous GNR epics. Those grandiose ideas that Axl had for CD just didn’t pan out.

TWAT, Maddy, and Prostitute are epics. I agree not on the scale of the illusion stuff but epics nonetheless 

• GNFNR 2

8 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

It’s actually interesting to me that they’re going with the General over Atlas Shugged. 

I think Perhaps and Atlas are a bit too similar. Mid tempo guitar rockers. I’m assuming the General is going to fall into the Epic category. So a totally different kinda song. Sort like how Hard Skool is a more straightforward rocker whereas Absurd sounds like AI created by Aliens decided to make a rock song with Axl Roses vocals and Slashes blues based tone spray painted on. 

• Haha 1

Anyone wonder how a new GNR album would fair on the charts given recent history? 

Metallica falling to #2 for the first time because of Morgan Wallen!!! Foo Fighters new album is about to be #7 on the top 10 during it's debut week with not 1 but 2 Kpop albums (and Morgan Wallen) in front of it. 

Is rock well and truly dead in 2023? 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Anyone wonder how a new GNR album would fair on the charts given recent history? 

Metallica falling to #2 for the first time because of Morgan Wallen!!! Foo Fighters new album is about to be #7 on the top 10 during it's debut week with not 1 but 2 Kpop albums (and Morgan Wallen) in front of it. 

Is rock well and truly dead in 2023? 

Charts don't really matter any more; pop shit has taken over a long time ago, and now they're full of Cyruses and GaGas and rappers. I couldn't give a damn.