The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

From the night club recording of The General, it doesn't sound like a catchy single which could win the casual fan over. To be fair neither does Perhaps with it's notachorus but it's a piano driven ballad. General sounds weird and angry.

Perhaps by the end of the year if we are lucky. 

Edited by Axls_Moustache_Rules
  • Like 1

think I'll call what we're doing right now Chinese Roulette. It's so risky if you forget even for a second how good Axl is at not releasing anything. What makes me hopeful is how happy Axl seems to be on stage and a lot of soft evidence suggesting things are probably in motion, even if nothing gets released this year.

the spectrum of possible outcomes with Axl is too big for it to be predictable enough to get my hopes up, but I think it's a long game kinda thing with Gn'R so it's only a matter of time until we'll get more material released. 

The General will hopfully be the b-side to Perhaps and released at the same time. 

I guess Perhaps is more radio friendly and much easier to sing live (esp with those pre-recorded background vocals from soundcheck)

Slash said that the plan was to release two tracks at a time and do this a couple of times

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, betterman said:

The General will hopfully be the b-side to Perhaps and released at the same time. 

I guess Perhaps is more radio friendly and much easier to sing live (esp with those pre-recorded background vocals from soundcheck)

Slash said that the plan was to release two tracks at a time and do this a couple of times

plans could have changed

• Haha 1

Why is "radio friendly" being discussed as a factor that matters whatsoever for what GnR decides to release next ..? Hardschool was as radio friendly as it gets and that didn't even last to the end of '21. That Linkin Park song Lost is still getting every day on multiple stations air play. Why is this delusion still so strong amongst this forum that GnR is going to become relevant to the music scene again? It's never happening. That ship sailed a long long time ago, before you ever heard the waves crashing on the beach at the end of Prostitute. Calculating in your head what song makes the most sense to release next in terms of radio friendliness is just as insane as thinking the version of Dub Suplex and Tonto with vocals are out there

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I think the mistake has been all of us assuming there has been some kind of “plan” in place for new music this summer. 

Never expect anything & be pleasantly surprised if something does come. That's the best mindset i find. Well it works for me.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Most likely scenario is Perhaps given the soundcheck. We won't get The General..... That's just wishful thinking, would love it though. 

Like how MJ estate released the updated song along with the original on the deluxe edition of posthumous album Xscape. Wish GNR did that. 

First time i have seen anyone praise  Branca & co :lol: @jimisbatman

Edited by wendirosez
Totally offtopic sorry

Never know they could play new songs and not release them for a long time until album.  Used to be that’s how it worked.  I could see these guys doing that. I’d really like to hear Oklahoma, Curly Shuffle and Elvis most.  I think being on and off the forums with all of you guys talking about the general super far back when I went under different names for the last 23+ years has made me curious about the general too. 

Man more and more I’d like to see the legalities of if/how many albums GNR owes UMG? Is there even any owed at this point?  Id also love to see the NDA’s/contracts that the 96-2014 dudes signed and the ones axl grease, slice and FfuD all signed in 2016 too. That type of stuff interests me.  

Edited by UYI4

Us Guns fans are funny... I mean both Slash and Ron literally confirmed they've never written anything with Axl. 

Slash mentioned that there's just a handful of stuff they've reworked. He also mentioned he's going on tour next year with SMKC and working on other projects. 

A fan asks Richard about new music on Instagram and says we are getting tired. Richard advises him to get some rest :lol:

I'd say the chances of an album are practically zero. At most we might hear some reworked Chinese leftovers.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jacdaniel said:

Us Guns fans are funny... I mean both Slash and Ron literally confirmed they've never written anything with Axl. 

Slash mentioned that there's just a handful of stuff they've reworked. He also mentioned he's going on tour next year with SMKC and working on other projects. 

A fan asks Richard about new music on Instagram and says we are getting tired. Richard advises him to get some rest :lol:

I'd say the chances of an album are practically zero. At most we might hear some reworked Chinese leftovers.

Yeah, but all this points to a new album coming real soon. You just wait and see!!

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Thank goodness for RHCP. I have 0 expectations from this so called “band”. 

That would be a fair observation….if RHCP hadn’t released mostly dross for the last 20 years. IMO anyway!

17 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Like how MJ estate released the updated song along with the original on the deluxe edition of posthumous album Xscape. Wish GNR did that. 

I would love this.  MJ Estate was really cool to do that on Xscape.  There are some great songs on that album.

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma
  • GNFNR 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

I like atlas.  Hopefully it gets re-worked as its not done.  

When you say not done, what do you mean? It was literally one of the only songs that was fully mixed, mastered, all instruments and sections complete. it was almost on chinese democracy. I think if you are expecting any part of that song to change other than slash re recording the solo, you'll be disappointed I'm afraid 

• Like 2

I dont think we should overanalyze the answer from 4tus, its also a big possibility that he refers to completely new material and he does not count a 20 year old song as Perhaps as new material

I think that 4tus, Slash and possibly every single other person wants to create new GNR material, but AXL will not (why?)

We have heard it before with Ashba, Bumblefoot etc..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, betterman said:

I dont think we should overanalyze the answer from 4tus, its also a big possibility that he refers to completely new material and he does not count a 20 year old song as Perhaps as new material

I think that 4tus, Slash and possibly every single other person wants to create new GNR material, but AXL will not (why?)

We have heard it before with Ashba, Bumblefoot etc..

maybe it's will change because his voice is much better