The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

Axl likes the number 7...he enjoyed the movie, used quotes from it on Maddy, he's got a song called "Seven"....he waited seven years from back touring in 2001, until album release in 2008. Reunion started in 2016 and seven years later in 2023, we're gonna get an album or EP...the smoke has been thick this year....just gotta spot the fire...🤞

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

My guess is songs drop for US leg. We get some goodies for the holidays and then the focus will be on a new album with either a tour to support it starting in the fall of next year or in 2025. This the the most likely scenario. 

I actually believe this is the plan too. Obviously we've been burned a lot, but I feel as though they do have their shit together.

The tour promotion and production is super professional. Songs are ready to go, and they're just playing their cards with deals/promotions etc. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

It wouldn’t have fit on the End Of Days soundtrack though. Axl was trying to be all NuMetal at the time.

Agreed. It didn’t have to be end of days. Just saying based on what was available in 99 I think IRS would have been a much better comeback single

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

I wish Team Brazil put the same amount of energy into releasing GNR music that they do ensuring no one talks about the possibility of it. 👌🏼

100%, but it just doesn't make sense. It's been the case for as long as we can remember. There doesn't seem to be any real concrete plans at any given time, so what's there to hide? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Agreed. It didn’t have to be end of days. Just saying based on what was available in 99 I think IRS would have been a much better comeback single

I guess "This I Love" (in some form) could of been the "comeback" if it had released with the Robin Williams movie! Axl has always enjoyed a good movie tie-in, even with "If The World" being on "Body Of Lies"....it wouldn't be a bad idea to hook up with James Cameron or something to put a song on a big upcoming movie.again...

43 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Probably just the lady who shared the Tom Mayhue videos took the post down herself/made it private, because she was bombarded with messages from fans and media all over the world. It seems that she hadn't realized that it would be such "big news".

2023_355.jpg

"Announcement of the century"...haha poor gal....all sorts of crazies must of been invading her space since Tom got a voice!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sonicjam said:

The tour promotion and production is super professional. Songs are ready to go, and they're just playing their cards with deals/promotions etc. 

In all honesty, this is probably what is holding it up. The artist has to record the song and then mix/master it, which takes a decent amount of time and endless correspondence between the artist and the engineer. Add a label on top of that and it takes even more time. Not to mention artwork, distribution, graphics/lighting for live performances, negotiating promotional deals, social media promotion, etc. Even though we've been constantly led on by the band, these things take time and a lot of hard work.

I firmly believe that they've had the songs ready to go at the start of this tour and are just biding their time until the US tour to play them out. My prediction is that they drop Perhaps in the next few weeks and take advantage of the hype to promote the tour. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

It wouldn’t have fit on the End Of Days soundtrack though. Axl was trying to be all NuMetal at the time.

There is nothing numetal about OMG. It's not even really industrial, either.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

My guess is songs drop for US leg. We get some goodies for the holidays and then the focus will be on a new album with either a tour to support it starting in the fall of next year or in 2025. This the the most likely scenario. 

Makes sense

3 hours ago, Gibson87 said:

In all honesty, this is probably what is holding it up. The artist has to record the song and then mix/master it, which takes a decent amount of time and endless correspondence between the artist and the engineer. Add a label on top of that and it takes even more time. Not to mention artwork, distribution, graphics/lighting for live performances, negotiating promotional deals, social media promotion, etc. Even though we've been constantly led on by the band, these things take time and a lot of hard work.

I firmly believe that they've had the songs ready to go at the start of this tour and are just biding their time until the US tour to play them out. My prediction is that they drop Perhaps in the next few weeks and take advantage of the hype to promote the tour. 

What are you smoking?

Other bands are capable of doing this no problem. All of that could have been figured out before they started touring.

The perfect time to release songs to promote a tour... Would be before a tour! Not wait till it starts and debut it live.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nick85 said:

I wish Team Brazil put the same amount of energy into releasing GNR music that they do ensuring no one talks about the possibility of it. 👌🏼

Damn straight 

The first rule of Team Brazil…WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT NEW GNR MUSIC.:..SAY IT WITH ME…WE DO NOT…..

:lol:

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibson87 said:

Things take time, but 15 years, I don’t know.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Any news? 

Vague promises of new music to come as we speak (made by someone else than the musicians themselves).
Links containing hints disappearing, whether by order of the management or due to "technical difficulties".
People speculating that releasing a new single would be logical this time because [insert a reason that would be perfectly applicable if it was for some other band].
No communication whatsoever regarding anything. 

I.e. no, no news. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Vague promises of new music to come as we speak (made by someone else than the musicians themselves).
Links containing hints disappearing, whether by order of the management or due to "technical difficulties".
People speculating that releasing a new single would be logical this time because [insert a reason that would be perfectly applicable if it was for some other band].
No communication whatsoever regarding anything. 

I.e. no, no news. 

That sums it up very well. Far too much attention about nothing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, UYI4 said:

Let’s take a moment and recognize how much of a badass 4tus is.  Don’t get me wrong I’ll always love slash.  He’s why I play guitar.  However, those solos today in kohd…..4tus playing is tighter, cleaner and just sings more than Slice.  Even his guitar amp tones sound a bit cleaner.

The guy's an insanely talented guitar player. Saw him when he was in Thin Lizzy in 2011 and it was a real revelation and was fun to see him get to show off his lead chops properly. I think the 2009-2014 NuGuns era would have been better with Richard on second lead and Ashba on rhythm. Liked Ashba a lot when he first joined but his playing got sloppier as time went on, the infamous Patience solo being a prime example. 

Edited by BassistSeb