The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

17 minutes ago, steve1234 said:

If anyone from the guns n roses camp reads this thread then please play a gig in South Wales next time you are touring the UK. Many thanks 

People in Wales are allowed to leave Wales for gigs too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Maybe it is legal wranglings? Trying to argue that former members aren't entitled to revenues or something. 

I’ve thought this for awhile & the fact Duff has made contact with Tommy Stinson seems to back it up. 

But only an educated guess. 

8 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Personally, I don't believe they will play it live until an announcement is made.

Absurd and Hard Skool weren't...just saying 

They were both played then we we're told the release was the same week or so

2 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Can we knock it off with the Fortus nonsense please? 

Slash has a reputation as one of the greatest guitarist's of all time and is 1 of the 3 in the partnership. Richard is a paid musician. He ain't playing lead. 

It's as silly as suggesting a GNR album with Myles on vocals.

Listen to slash murder the sorry solo yesterday. No one is suggesting 4tus should be the new lead instead of slash. But richard should take lead on all chidem and cover songs, slash lead on all classic gnr. If they are actually doing new music (lol course they aint) then obv slash would be main lead but richard could have the odd lead part. 

Edited by JimiRose

10 minutes ago, General2112 said:

Does anyone think it’s kind of odd that Perhaps and The General aren’t on any music writing credit websites. Like some bands will have a song show up there before anyone knows about it. Like on ASCAP 

Not GN'R though. Hard Skool appeared on ASCAP like a year after it was released.

13 minutes ago, DSTK said:

People in Wales are allowed to leave Wales for gigs too

I've seen guns a total of 12 times away from home so to speak. It seems strange that Wales is the only country in the UK that gnr have never visited. We have a big stadium in Cardiff that would be perfect 

1 hour ago, DSTK said:

He can't play any Chinese solos without making a mess of it ...just let Richard do those 

Or just don’t play them anymore . Slash is the lead  when he’s in a band and it’s not like these songs need to be played as the vast majority of the audiences don’t care. I’d recommend they quit playing CD songs that Axl can’t even properly sing anymore and instead release new music that he can. That’s a better solution.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, steve1234 said:

I've seen guns a total of 12 times away from home so to speak. It seems strange that Wales is the only country in the UK that gnr have never visited. We have a big stadium in Cardiff that would be perfect 

As a sporting venue can only have a certain number of non sporting events there per calendar year! 

I've seen Guns 16 times in 5 different countries...people only want a gig in their own back garden, they wouldn't fill the millennium stadium anyway 

If there's anymore uk dates they'll definitely do London, probably not wales

Just now, Martin Riggs said:

Or just don’t play them anymore . Slash is the lead  when he’s in a band and it’s not like these songs need to be played as the vast majority of the audiences don’t care. I’d recommend they quit playing CD songs that Axl can’t even properly sing anymore and instead release new music that he can. That’s a better solution.

Never going to happen...reality dude 

2 minutes ago, DSTK said:

As a sporting venue can only have a certain number of non sporting events there per calendar year! 

I've seen Guns 16 times in 5 different countries...people only want a gig in their own back garden, they wouldn't fill the millennium stadium anyway 

If there's anymore uk dates they'll definitely do London, probably not wales

Never going to happen...reality dude 

Rocket Queen & Knockin...Slash doesn't play the lead...just saying, Fortus does both main solos 

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

Still thinking about that "trying to get a single out" comment. I'm imagining a room full of scientists, looking over various heated coloured liquids, trying to create the perfect formula for music release.

Honestly this is the sort of thing that always boggles my mind with this band - it’s always “trying” to figure out how to release a song or album. I used to think there must be some huge red tape stopping them but the Azoff thing was resolved years ago, the partnership is back together and then they got Absurd/HS out indicating that any BTS stuff was actually bullshit.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Bumble must feel great about his decision to jump SS GNR. I was so bummed out when we quit, but it's almost 10yrs later and two songs have escaped Axls grip.

Not sure I ever heard Bumbles solo on that is there any place with a copy of it?

I think you meant Robin/Bucket solo? It’s easy to find the demo out there, maybe even on YouTube.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think those final “dead engine” notes your talking about are cause he’s most likely playing the solo (or at least parts of it) on a fretless.

Yeah, he plays the second half on a fretless, but I still don’t know how he made those sounds. I have a pretty good idea and approximate approach of his solos in Scrapes and Shacklers, but not in Riad in that part.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Listen to slash murder the sorry solo yesterday. No one is suggesting 4tus should be the new lead instead of slash. But richard should take lead on all chidem and cover songs, slash lead on all classic gnr. If they are actually doing new music (lol course they aint) then obv slash would be main lead but richard could have the odd lead part. 

Listen to any show from 91-93 and you'll want to cry.

I listen very often to Paris 92 and Slash in nowhere even near the live player he once was, and as a fan, it hurts.

I love him and will always do, but WTF happened??????????????????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I'm not sure if your post is really replying to me, but I meant on Riad only. I love both Robin and Bucket, I covered every CD song for my YouTube channel because I really feel the guitar work on the album is sublime. And sure, I have all the leaks. Riad is one my favorite songs BTW, and I much prefer Andy Wallace's mix from the 2008 Antiquiet leaks. But still, I don't think the main solo was very good and I get why Axl wanted to replace. Not sure if I prefer Bumblefoot's version tho.

My apologies! I misread.

I need to listen to the earlier leaked versions, for YEARS I just assumed it was Buckethead. You described that track accurately. The Bumblefoot solo just seems to wacky and directionless, but I suppose it sort of fits the song. I think Bumble's solo on Shackler's is amazing. I've long wanted to hear Bucket's solo on that track. (It's different than the one we got with Village) 

I'd love it if we got all of the Andy Wallace mixes. I assume he probably mixed close to two albums worth of material. Did anyone ever date the 2008 leaks? I assume they are 2003-2005 (Pre Bumblefoot) Even back then, they were fairly bloated (TWAT, espicially) but I prefer most of them to the album versions. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

My apologies! I misread.

I need to listen to the earlier leaked versions, for YEARS I just assumed it was Buckethead. You described that track accurately. The Bumblefoot solo just seems to wacky and directionless, but I suppose it sort of fits the song. I think Bumble's solo on Shackler's is amazing. I've long wanted to hear Bucket's solo on that track. (It's different than the one we got with Village) 

I'd love it if we got all of the Andy Wallace mixes. I assume he probably mixed close to two albums worth of material. Did anyone ever date the 2008 leaks? I assume they are 2003-2005 (Pre Bumblefoot) Even back then, they were fairly bloated (TWAT, espicially) but I prefer most of them to the album versions. 

Surely there has to be an Andy Wallace Skwerl version of Shackler’s? Those leaked in Summer of 08, so only a few months before the album came out, but do we know if those were actually the last pre-Ron/Frank versions?

3 hours ago, DSTK said:

Rocket Queen & Knockin...Slash doesn't play the lead...just saying, Fortus does both main solos 

What main solo does richard do in RQ? Slash takes the lead on both of those.

They share some lead but Slash plays all the main bits

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Listen to any show from 91-93 and you'll want to cry.

I listen very often to Paris 92 and Slash in nowhere even near the live player he once was, and as a fan, it hurts.

I love him and will always do, but WTF happened??????????????????

Well.. life happened. He's almost 60 years old man with a defibrillator. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Can we knock it off with the Fortus nonsense please? 

Slash has a reputation as one of the greatest guitarist's of all time and is 1 of the 3 in the partnership. Richard is a paid musician. He ain't playing lead. 

It's as silly as suggesting a GNR album with Myles on vocals.

Myles can still sing though. Problem is that he's way too nice of a person and can't bring Axl's angry side of things into it. The right attitude. If that makes any sense.

And where Axl sounds like Mickey in the high parts nowadays, Myles sounds too whiney. Although Myles did a pretty good job covering GnR tunes in the past.

I like baritone Axl more than Myles, but Myles is better overall (at this point in time... young Axl was much better).

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

when and how do you know they are in contact?

Tommy told Brando on his most recent appearance on his podcast, though I'd doubt it'd be about business. Who knows though? Freese had his lawyer contact him shortly after Hard Skool was released to ask if he had any involvement, to which he didn't think he did as it was so long ago. I'm pretty sure he ended up on the credits in the end.

5 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Surely there has to be an Andy Wallace Skwerl version of Shackler’s? Those leaked in Summer of 08, so only a few months before the album came out, but do we know if those were actually the last pre-Ron/Frank versions?

If there is such a Shackler’s, I hope we hear it eventually. 

When the 2008 leaks occurred, some people assumed they were the final mixes of the songs. I recall Bumblefoot responded by saying they were “older demos” so it’s possible and probably likely there are later mixes without Bumblefoot. I think Bumble joined in 2005, I do not know if he actually recorded anything that year or if they recorded his parts in 2006-2007. I assume his contributions were present by 2006 since the album was apparently coming that year at one point. And the Shackler’s that leaked earlier in 2008 had Bumblefoot on it and was close to the album version.