The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Perhaps will be a B-side. Of The General. Source: trust me, bro.

Makes sense, that's what they did the last time with Absurd and HS.

42 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I thought Perhaps was the best song of the leaks. Much better than Atlas Shrugged. My highest criticism is that that the song loops itself twice and should’ve had more lyrics. Could’ve changed in the final but I doubt it.

Maybe Axl took from Eye On You what he didn't use for Hard Skool and added it to Perhaps. :) 

5 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I think pretty much no one outside of these forums went to see them live to listen to these 2 singles but it goes like this:

GnR release new singles > Their PR team send press releases everywhere > They get published and get some media highlight > People not only are reminded of GnR, but get informed about new tour dates, some people even find out they've reunited with Slash and Duff by these articles, etc... > People go to the concerts

2 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

It’s not the songs themselves that push ticket sales.

So much promotion is done via social media these days. If you’re a hard rock fan, your phone and social networks likely know that, or you might follow an account like Stereogum or Rolling Stone or something of that ilk. So, once Guns drops Perhaps, there will inevitably be a variety of news articles on it, and in each news article there is a list of tour dates.

So if you’re curious enough to click on the link, you’ll scroll down and read that. And there will be people who say “hey, Guns is playing in Hershey next week. I don’t give a fuck about this new song, but I’d love to hear all the rest of the hits,” and *that’s* what drives ticket sales.

It used to be the tour that promoted the music. Now the music promotes the tour.

Right, I'm sure it swayed a few.

But If as a result of those singles the needle didn't move all that much..:shrugs:

I think most agree the attendance has been in a slow decline for a while now. Maybe they'll see significant numbers when Perhaps drops. Maybe they'll put some real effort into promotion this time round. 

22 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

To argue over who’s right or wrong is pointless? Then…what are we doing here if not sharing our thoughts and opinions

Of course we are here to share our thoughts and opinions, a common interest with this band. I sure as hell am not here to argue and say everyone else is wrong and my thoughts and opinions are the absolute correct thoughts and opinions. You’re being too snappy and angry. Just chill and let people think and feel how they want too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I do. Absurd has energy. It’s sneering and aggressive, the way It’s So Easy is. It’s got some juice to it - even instrumentally, the riff bangs and the chorus riff is chaotic in all the best ways. Axl sounds like he means it. I think it’s fun.

Perhaps is just a mid tempo, boring, tuneless dirge. No lyrical substance, and more importantly no dynamics. The whole thing just plods along with no discernible difference between the verses and choruses. I mean that chorus just doesn’t do anything. The whole thing goes nowhere. 

State of Grace is also plodding and dull. Especially the verses, which are slow and drag the song down. By the time the song gets to the chorus, I’m already checked out. And even the chorus isn’t that great - it’s just better in comparison to the verses. The production is just some dull late-90s, early 2000s sounding industrial wanna be sound. That said, I won’t criticize the production too much as it will likely be updated with Duff and Slash. But that won’t fix the fact that the song isn’t very good.

And then there’s Atlas Shrugged, which is in a very annoying major key and might be one of my least favorite Guns N’ Roses songs ever. I pray they delete this one.

This. These are shitty songs.

Doesn't matter if you change a solo or a bass lick.

These songs are boring and have no potential to become great because of minor changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

If anyone feels upset or distraught every Friday when no new songs get released, feel free to express your emotions in this thread.

Consider this your 'safe space' :hug:

Stay strong people! There's another Friday next week 

...And 24 left in 2023!!! Hope...don't let it kill you! 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Maybe Axl took from Eye On You what he didn't use for Hard Skool and added it to Perhaps. :) 

I'm sure there is a Brain mashup remix called TV Eye On You with Axl and Duff sharing vocals.

40 minutes ago, Dummy said:

D-tune is really one of gnr best tunes

It's just perfect

I love Robin's solo in that song. It's weird and unexpected, just as his best works. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

If anyone feels upset or distraught every Friday when no new songs get released, feel free to express your emotions in this thread.

Consider this your 'safe space' :hug:

Stay strong people! There's another Friday next week 

it’s not midnight yet?

3 hours ago, tboneman said:

Well it's limited and numbered collectors item. It will be valuable in the future because of that. 

It's limited to a few thousand copies and has artwork that's easier to find for cheaper.... it might be worth $100 if you hold onto it for a decade. Still seems like a rip off to me.

• Like 3

We all have Perhaps. It’s fine. It’s an average GNR song with an above average piano breakdown at the end. Maybe Slash will improve the solo. I think if we are being completely honest the only reason everyone is interested in a perhaps official release is that we all hope the General comes as the second single. 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's limited to a few thousand copies and has artwork that's easier to find for cheaper.... it might be worth $100 if you hold onto it for a decade. Still seems like a rip off to me.

Even the original banned cover isn’t that collectible. 

17 hours ago, tboneman said:

https://gnrmerch.com/

Appetite with original artwork is getting limited re-release. Hopefully this is not the news Duff was talking about. 

We finally did it!  The new album was released!!  Woo 

Funny I just realized it's only on one LP instead of the two with the special hologram etching on the D side.  The whole point of spreading the album over two records was to give it a better sound and the hologram was actually one of the cooler things I've ever seen a band do with a record.

They are scrapping all of that and charging 16 dollars more to boot lol. What a joke.

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

How hopeful are we feeling that songs will release in the American part of the tour?

I don't give a fuck if they're playing on the moon, if somethings released than good...if not this tour has been awesome & won't cry, hundreds here will who are Perhaps/General obsessed 

3 minutes ago, DSTK said:

I don't give a fuck if they're playing on the moon, if somethings released than good...if not this tour has been awesome & won't cry, hundreds here will who are Perhaps/General obsessed 

Personally I m not obsessed with any of the left over songs in particular. 

I didn't  even listening to gnr much and I found out that two "new songs",  it got me interested in the band again and now I'm really hyped for new music. 

I just feel like it's a waste to keep those song unreleased.

13 hours ago, D4NNY said:

I sure as hell am not here to argue and say everyone else is wrong and my thoughts and opinions are the absolute correct thoughts and opinions. You’re being too snappy and angry. Just chill and let people think and feel how they want too.

I’m sorry, but I think you’re overreacting. I think the commotion over Perhaps not being released yet is a bit too dramatic given the circumstances - that’s my opinion. If you feel otherwise, that’s cool. I’m letting everyone think and feel how they want to.

Check my responses earlier in the thread. I called Perhaps a piece of shit, someone replied that it’s their most listened to GnR song in the last few years (or something to that effect) and I replied “different strokes for different folks - I’m glad you enjoy it.” I’m not angry.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Which instrumentals?

It’s more bits and pieces that I think could be interesting if fleshed out or changed. Some of these work more in the ChiDem style while others I think would work better with the Slash treatment.

Circus Maximus is a piece that I think is intriguing, simply for the mood it creates. I’m not sure if there’s enough there for a song - it’s just kinda the one vibe repeated. But every once in a while I like to put it on if I’m driving at night. The electronic noises sound a little dated, so they’d probably have to be updated. This is one that I’d just be more interested in hearing how the NuGuns would have finished it.

Oklahoma has sections that I think work - though I hate when it resolves to that major key sounding section. I prefer the mean sounding riff that would function as either a verse or a chorus. Not sure if it’s enough to build a song around and it’s hard to say “I like that!” with no vocal melody present. I’m more reacting to the general energy of the music - the riffs themselves are nothing special but it’s uptempo and aggressive enough in parts to catch my ear.

There is a riff in Me & My Elvis that I like - I believe it’s the main riff after the intro - though I don’t like the rhythm section beneath it. Maybe it would work when placed next to a more uptempo section. I don’t know. There are a lot of mid tempo tunes on the Village leaks that just don’t excite me very much. Either way, I like the one riff.

The *intro* to Quicksong is cool - it’s got an almost Slither-vibe to it. But the main riff bores me to death and the vocal melodies are trash.

My favorite of the unfinished Village Leaks is Tonto. That’s the one that I think easily lends itself to Duff and Slash’s style.

Edited by GoodOlJohnnyK
  • Like 2