08/24/23 - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field

downzy

26 minutes ago, Makkun said:

I checked the cam archive

Soundcheck: It's so Easy, Rocket Queen, Anything Goes, Estranged, Slash Solo, Civil War, Perhaps, People Get Ready (started at 14:45 til 15:20)

If I missed any, I apologize in advance.

Does it go back to the time the poster on Reddit claimed he heard soundcheck with Axl? (I think it was yesterday).

Wow.

On Earthcam, you can see a lot of folks leaving after Nightrain. After Axl said "Goodnight!"

Either they didn't know about the encore, or they wanted to beat the traffic jam that would happen once the show ended.

Edited by VeeR

5 minutes ago, VeeR said:

Wow.

On Earthcam, you can see a lot of folks leaving after Nightrain. After Axl said "Goodnight!"

Either they didn't know about the encore, or they wanted to beat the traffic jam that would happen once the show ended.

That is what we in Los Angeles call the 7th inning at Dodger games, time to go and beat the traffic :lol:

8 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

That is what we in Los Angeles call the 7th inning at Dodger games, time to go and beat the traffic :lol:

I left Metlife as soon as Nightrain started. Love that song but I do not need to hear Coma, acoustic Patience, or Paradise City ever again. I loved being home by like 11:40 instead of 1am.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, VeeR said:

Wow.

The show is 3 hours so I guess I can understand why people would try to beat traffic. I personally am going to stay for every song no matter what but I am also mentally ill lol 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jman2000 said:

Made a crazy last minute decision to drive to Chicago with only enough time to make it to wrigley on a day with 0 traffic. After spending most of the time on the highway above 90-100mph, driving 3+ hours, and being full of piss to my eyeballs…….we made it 20 minutes before GNR started!

Fantastic show. Band was top notch compared to when I last seen them in 2021 at summerfest in Milwaukee. The band seemed to be in great spirits despite the heat. Plenty of jokes from Axl as well. 

Sadly, fresh out of event t’s and lithos. If anyone has any they’d part with that aren’t eBay prices-let me know!!! I ain’t rich. Had to settle for the bootleg t’s for now! 

Glad we made the trip. Heard a number of songs I have never seen live. No disappointments, would do it all over, even the $100 parking! 

$100 parking?! You are definitely not rich now! Thats nuts. Glad you made the trip and had a great show!

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, jman2000 said:

Sadly, fresh out of event t’s and lithos. If anyone has any they’d part with that aren’t eBay prices-let me know!!! I ain’t rich. Had to settle for the bootleg t’s for now! 

Not quite the same as the one at the show but still available:

https://gnrmerchtruck.com/collections/home-page/products/2023-city-event-tee-chicago

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Wonder why they group the new songs together in the setlist like that

I think it’s great these new release tracks haven’t been one trick ponies and they’re continuing to actively include them every show since their respective releases. It helps define this era of the band imho.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1