07/11/23 - Landgraaf, NL - Megaland

downzy

15 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

On the way home, another kick ass awesome show!! The mighty Guns N' Roses delivered once again!! I can write a full review but you guys know what they can do. I was very very pleased and surprised with Michelle! :headbang:Axl asked the band what to play, and said it's a request from Frank! Also got better and SOD which I loved to hear unexpected in the set! 

Axl thought he was In Germany first he said hello Düsseldorf bur corrected himself afterwards twice, stating he was in Weert. And after PC he said thank you Weert Goodnight Germany 

Great review ! Axl was so confused ... it's amusing :lol:

• Like 2

Lol I'm so tired of this management. My wife doesn't understand the inner workings/history of this band and when I share everything that's been happening, she's all like, oh this is just them drumming up interest for a release. Nah, a fucking average household sponge could do a better job of managing this band at this point. 

I'll be happy as the rest of you if anything actually gets released. But in my opinion, they're reading us on these forums and just fucking with us at this point. At least Fernando is. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Grayfox said:

True. But it was a “staple” for sometime in 93. But sometimes you have to shove it in peoples faces until they like it

Dangerously worded, but you're point is taken! make it a staple by playing it. If GNR did a better job over the years of playing the back catalogue more thoroughly a lot more people would be aware of the "lesser known" songs, estranged included. Any song that was a single and is now a deep cut is pretty inexcusable😄

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Dangerously worded, but you're point is taken! make it a staple by playing it. If GNR did a better job over the years of playing the back catalogue more thoroughly a lot more people would be aware of the "lesser known" songs, estranged included. Any song that was a single and is now a deep cut is pretty inexcusable😄

I still consider Estranged and Civil War as "special" because those songs weren't played live before 2011. I can still remember the excitment when we heard Estranged at the RIR show. It was the same with Don't Cry during Bumblefoot's solo spots.

I’m not saying this is the same….but Iron Maiden did something similar (albeit a bit more cryptic) to tease their last album. All sorts of random leaks and clues which hardcore fans found and it was legit.

Its not impossible all this ‘announcement due this week’….set lists…..todays stuff…..Perhaps sound checking is something kinda similar?

Edited by DTJ80

38 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:. 

I'll be happy as the rest of you if anything actually gets released. But in my opinion, they're reading us on these forums and just fucking with us at this point. At least Fernando is. 

I’ve been saying that for a long time.  All this song list bullshit is absolutely someone within TB just busting balls. Im sure the band doesn’t know/care, and with all the flack TB gets, their getting back at their critics.  All the while listening to fully mastered versions of The General, Atlas, Perhaps…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

I’m not saying this is the same….but Iron Maiden did something similar (albeit a bit more cryptic) to tease their last album. All sorts of random leaks and clues which hardcore fans found and it was legit.

Its not impossible all this ‘announcement due this week’….set lists…..todays stuff…..Perhaps sound checking is something kinda similar?

Yes but this is Guns N' Roses

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Some people were saying exactly the same about Hard Skool soundchecks, setlists, etc. I remember it like it was yesterday :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

It be a first...

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

They're not "teasing" anything, they just happened to catch the sound engineer flipping through his note cards to pull out the one for the next song (HS).

But this definitely confirms that they're planning on playing it live sometime in the near future.

That's not necessarily true. Being prepared from a production standpoint and planning to play it are two very different things. In Vegas in 2014 the screen behind the stage had the feed from the computer at the soundboard with the production videos on it for a few moments before GN'R came on - it had production videos listed for several songs that hadn't been played live - it was quick and you couldn't read everything but I do remember seeing Perfect Crime and Oh My God on the list, neither of which has been played in the modern era of course even now nine years later. 

8 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

That's not necessarily true. Being prepared from a production standpoint and planning to play it are two very different things. In Vegas in 2014 the screen behind the stage had the feed from the computer at the soundboard with the production videos on it for a few moments before GN'R came on - it had production videos listed for several songs that hadn't been played live - it was quick and you couldn't read everything but I do remember seeing Perfect Crime and Oh My God on the list, neither of which has been played in the modern era of course even now nine years later. 

It’s definitely not confirmed that they’ll play either. But there is some smoke right now- Slash saying 2 new songs could be released soon (which he may be completely wrong on, as time has shown). Both are on the setlist and Perhaps is being rehearsed, really this whole thing mimics the Hard Skool release. Only problem is it took 2 years for that song to come out, so we may be waiting a few years. Prepare for this to be a long haul.