What is your least favourite GnR/NuGnR (ex)member?

Least favorite GnR/NuGnR member?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Gilby over Ashba? Wow. I thought gilby fit the band better than Ashba and Gilby to my recollection was never as hit and miss live... Although there's probably less available concerts to compare.

16 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

It's a pity Gilby didn't get to play on an album of original material. But his solo albums are brilliant. He doesn't aim to reinvent the wheel. But his albums a great mix of Bowie/Stones/Beatles GN'R sounds with Gilby's own warm whisky soaked voice. He's decent on lead guitar too. No Hendrix or Slash perhaps but plays with feel. 

His albums with Candy, Col Parker, Kill For Thrills, Rockstar Supernova and Snakepit are excellent too.

That's not even going into his production credits and others who have gotten him to tour with them.

Like I said, Gilby was good at his role and I have nothing against him, but DJ wasn't as bad as people here make it seem (for the most part). DJ wrote solos with the band, did remixes, designed some of the merch from what I remember, and got good reactions from the crowds when I saw that lineup (except for one incident at a 2014 show). I liked the first Sixx AM album and enjoyed them when I went to Cruefest, and Beautiful Creatures had a couple good songs. For better or worse, he fit the 09-14 era well.

Gilby on the other hand just doesn't do anything for me. He's not bad, but I'll usually skip his intros if I'm listening to a live show, and his solo albums aren't for me. Not that Duff, Izzy, etc. don't put out bland solo albums, but Gilby is bland even compared to those.

Of course, 92-93 was a better era overall than 09-14, but my vote still goes for Gilby.

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Like I said, Gilby was good at his role and I have nothing against him, but DJ wasn't as bad as people here make it seem (for the most part). DJ wrote solos with the band, did remixes, designed some of the merch from what I remember, and got good reactions from the crowds when I saw that lineup (except for one incident at a 2014 show). I liked the first Sixx AM album and enjoyed them when I went to Cruefest, and Beautiful Creatures had a couple good songs. For better or worse, he fit the 09-14 era well.

Gilby on the other hand just doesn't do anything for me. He's not bad, but I'll usually skip his intros if I'm listening to a live show, and his solo albums aren't for me. Not that Duff, Izzy, etc. don't put out bland solo albums, but Gilby is bland even compared to those.

Of course, 92-93 was a better era overall than 09-14, but my vote still goes for Gilby.

As long as you're not counting ballad of death and that other muck as writing for the band, then I'll take your points😄

I do agree with you on Gilby, his intros were very bare bones and skippable. I just think his general look and rhythm style suited really well... And his solo material does zero for me too. 

I was saying to someone earlier, at least Ashba made attempts (This I Love, Better,) at doing the solos in those songs properly, as opposed to whatever Slash noodles about. It really takes me out of the songs live when he doesn’t play them recognizably. That said, his This I Love solo I saw in East Rutherford in 2016 was dynamite!

35 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

What happened?

6/6/14 show, pretty sure it was during Nightrain, DJ hopped off the stage to play in front of people at the rail, some guy tried to slap him (might've actually clipped his nose, he got pretty close) and was yelling about how he's not as good as Slash. The guy was a total douchebag, and DJ was pissed.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

6/6/14 show, pretty sure it was during Nightrain, DJ hopped off the stage to play in front of people at the rail, some guy tried to slap him (might've actually clipped his nose, he got pretty close) and was yelling about how he's not as good as Slash. The guy was a total douchebag, and DJ was pissed.

I'd be pissed too in DJ's shoes! 😡🤬

• Like 1

Pitman's attitude in 2016 was fair enough I thought. No one can deny the tour was a cash grab and a step backwards in terms Axl trying to complete the CD project with a second album. 

I went for Bumble. His 4 years of whining and complaining online made him look like a hypocrite. Constantly criticized the management and alluded that he wasn't happy, perfectly happy to keep getting paid though! If anything his open attitude and the way he acted only helped fuel fan disappointment. 

His CD contributions were all unnecessary as well. I can't think of any pro's to be honest. 

In 2014 most here were sure we'd never get new music from what was then GNR. There was talk of a remix album of CD that was finished. But would most people have been happy with that IF it had come out? I don't believe it. I personally don't think for a minute we'd have new music by now. Axl is still the factor that holds it all up. I don't see how that would have been different if we'd still had DJ Ashba and Pitman. He didn't seem interested in anything any of his guitarists had to offer.

Even if most people aren't interested in new music from GNR, I'm sure more are interested in music with Slash than they would have been in music with Bumble or DJ Ashba.

As for people saying their peers don't respect them now? I didn't see Dave Grohl, Pink or Carrie Underwood on stage with Axl during NuGNR. I didn't see Axl with Billy Joel or on stage with Foo Fighters.

Lots of people making up a lot of things here.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Lio said:

In 2014 most here were sure we'd never get new music from what was then GNR. There was talk of a remix album of CD that was finished. But would most people have been happy with that IF it had come out? I don't believe it. I personally don't think for a minute we'd have new music by now. Axl is still the factor that holds it all up. I don't see how that would have been different if we'd still had DJ Ashba and Pitman. He didn't seem interested in anything any of his guitarists had to offer.

Even if most people aren't interested in new music from GNR, I'm sure more are interested in music with Slash than they would have been in music with Bumble or DJ Ashba.

As for people saying their peers don't respect them now? I didn't see Dave Grohl, Pink or Carrie Underwood on stage with Axl during NuGNR. I didn't see Axl with Billy Joel or on stage with Foo Fighters.

Lots of people making up a lot of things here.

We would have got CD2 by 2017 I think. He was working on it with Pitman in early 2015. 

The main problem would've been finding new musicians, I think Tommy would have come back if they resumed touring in 2016 though. 

Edited by rumandraisin

18 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

We would have got CD2 by 2017 I think. He was working on it with Pitman in early 2015. 

The main problem would've been finding new musicians, I think Tommy would have come back if they resumed touring in 2016 though. 

Of course we'll never know now, but I have no faith at all anymore in Axl's releasing anything. And now he seems in a much better place than he was back in those days. It's a day and night difference. I don't think he would've ever had enough confidence to release anything with those guys, even if he worked on stuff. But yeah, it's pure speculation of course.

17 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

:shrugs:

He clearly has had no interest in working with anyone post Buckethead and Robin. Anyone else in the band since has offered songs which he wasn't interested in. That's not speculation, Ashba and Bumble confirmed that. I have no doubt the situation is any different now. Clearly the last people that wrote stuff that fired him up were Bucket and Robin. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

He clearly has had no interest in working with anyone post Buckethead and Robin. Anyone else in the band since has offered songs which he wasn't interested in. That's not speculation, Ashba and Bumble confirmed that. I have no doubt the situation is any different now. Clearly the last people that wrote stuff that fired him up were Bucket and Robin. 

How do we know it's the players and not any othe reason (like the CD recording/releasing process, etc..) that made him lose interest? He doesn't seem interested in Slash/Duff either and those are the guys that composed alongside him for basically his whole career. I really don't think it's the players that "don't inspire him", it's more like he probably doesn't feel like doing anything new with GnR. I bet if he wanted, he could have at least one of those two guitarists back. Axl clearly has no interest in putting out new stuff, it's not like wishes he had more inspiring material to work on, IMO.

11 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Yeah. Come to think of it, the only songs we know Axl to have recorded new vocals for after buckethead left (in 2004) are Shackler’s (which buckethead wrote anyway) and TIL (which Finck convinced him to do). I also kinda recall hearing somewhere that the vocals for Soul Monster were done around Xmas 2004, so Bucket was already gone by then, but that song sounds like it was written by Finck anyways.

Edited by rocknroll41

7 hours ago, Italian girl said:

who voted slash? :facepalm:

I'm also shocked that ANYONE voted SLASH, but I'll play Devil's Advocate and say that maybe that person who voted for Slash as their least Favorite Guns N'Roses Member doesn't  like Slash's Noodling?  🤷‍♀️Edit. I thought it was ONLY ONE Poster who voted Slash as their least Favorite Guns N'Roses Member, but it's SIX people who voted Slash as their least Favorite Guns N'Roses Member! 🤦‍♀️🧐😬🤨😱😳WTF? What the FUCK? 🤦‍♀️🧐😬🤨😱😳

Edited by Karice
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DTV88 said:

The only answer here is Ashba. Of those that didn’t contribute to any records, at least Melissa sings well backing up Axl. Ashba could barely play the guitar :shrugs:

I chose DJ Ashba too. DJ Ashba was a mistake...😵‍💫 Well, at least he gets some kind of ,"Win," on this poll  for being the least liked Guns N'Roses Member of all time! 🤣

• Haha 1