What is your least favourite GnR/NuGnR (ex)member?

Least favorite GnR/NuGnR member?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't really dislike any of them. So I voted Steven, but with a heavy heart. He's just such a pathetic fuck-up. But a loveable fuck-up and was great on the drums on Appetite. So I don't really dislike him, he is just the guy I like the least. 

Honorable mentions on the list of those I like the least (but still like):

Axl: It's ambivalent, he seems like a good guy with lots of talents, today, but he also has a past when his mental issues made him into a violent, selfish diva and he is way too critical regarding his arts resulting in ridiculous low output for such a talented individual. I like him.
DJ: A good guy at the core but that core is hidden underneath layers of cringe. I just couldn't stomach his looks and faux rock behavior, which is ironic because he isn't more cringy than GN'R was back in the 80s with the chaps, make-up, top-hat, etc.  I guess I am just old. I like him.
Bumblefoot: Another stellar human being. He came across as a geeky guitar nerd who had to suddenly act like a rock star, with the beard and stage poses. I never cared for his music and contributions to GN'R, but I also don't think he got a fair chance. But what a great guy! I like him.

Then to balance this out I will also mention those on the opposite end of the list: those I like the most.

Tommy: A ruff guy with a heart of gold. Never bullshitted us, max integrity, great musician, and with his heart in the right place.
Gilby: I can't find anything wrong with the guy. Intelligent and diplomatic, and great musician. 
Josh: Magnificent drummer and fun guy. Just one of the best drummers around.
Duff:  A bit holier-than-thou at times but deserved to be that way after all he's gone through. Great musician.
Chris: I don't get the hate for Chris. He came across really cool in the few interviews he did, was a fun guy who didn't take things too seriously on stage, but also intelligent and well-spoken. And he called us out for being dicks when we were at our most toxic, and he called out Axl for the cash-grab reunion when Axl tossed away all he had worked for since 1997 for quick money. Respect.
Izzy: Had the integrity to leave when he didn't enjoy it any more and has lived his life the way he wants it since, with no compromises. 

• Like 2

I voted Paul Tobias as my least favourite. I know he was Axl's friend and he co wrote some good songs. I just don't think he needed to join the band. It's ironic that after getting rid of Gilby for Paul that when GN'R came back Paul only played about three shows then left the band. His joining basically marked the beginning of the end of the 91-93 line up and for what?

Next least favourite is towel boy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Pitman seemed like a douche but I like his contributions to CD.

DJ seemed like a douche but at least he wrote original solo spots with the band, he fit that era well (for good and bad reasons) and was cool with fans.

So my vote goes to Gilby. He was a fine replacement and I don't have anything against him, but he didn't write or play on any original songs with GNR and his solo stuff is pretty boring.

It's a pity Gilby didn't get to play on an album of original material. But his solo albums are brilliant. He doesn't aim to reinvent the wheel. But his albums a great mix of Bowie/Stones/Beatles GN'R sounds with Gilby's own warm whisky soaked voice. He's decent on lead guitar too. No Hendrix or Slash perhaps but plays with feel. 

His albums with Candy, Col Parker, Kill For Thrills, Rockstar Supernova and Snakepit are excellent too.

That's not even going into his production credits and others who have gotten him to tour with them.

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Edited by Gunner Gilby
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

It's a pity Gilby didn't get to play on an album of original material. But his solo albums are brilliant. He doesn't aim to reinvent the wheel. But his albums a great mix of Bowie/Stones/Beatles GN'R sounds with Gilby's own warm whisky soaked voice. He's decent on lead guitar too. No Hendrix or Slash perhaps but plays with feel. 

His albums with Candy, Col Parker, Kill For Thrills, Rockstar Supernova and Snakepit are excellent too.

That's not even going into his production credits and others who have gotten him to tour with them.

Even if Axl wrote nothing, there's a great GNR album in there if you combine the best of pawnshop guitars, it's 5 o clock somewhere, Hollywood zen and dark days.

• Like 1

There are 20 GNR Members in total! 😁 In my Fictional Axl Rose story, there are about 22 GNR Members in total (There are 7 GNR Members who replace the filler GNR Members like Ashba, Robin, Tommy, Paul, Brain, Chris, Bumblefoot,) my Fictional Axl Rose story has almost the same amount of GNR Members as in real life! 😁

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Pitman seemed like a douche but I like his contributions to CD.

DJ seemed like a douche but at least he wrote original solo spots with the band, he fit that era well (for good and bad reasons) and was cool with fans.

So my vote goes to Gilby. He was a fine replacement and I don't have anything against him, but he didn't write or play on any original songs with GNR and his solo stuff is pretty boring.

Gilby over Ashba? Wow. I thought gilby fit the band better than Ashba and Gilby to my recollection was never as hit and miss live... Although there's probably less available concerts to compare.

1 hour ago, DannyVinyard said:

Everyone hates Chris, but what he said was 100% spot on. Since then, GNR been on an endless cash grab tour playing the oldies with no new music in sight, unless you want to count a butchered version of Hard School. 7 years and counting of the endless cash grab tour, but yeah, Chris is such a bad guy for calling it like it is. I, like Chris, would have much preferred Axl stay the course with Nu GNR and most likely would have released at least 2 new albums by now, without any of the songs being butchered by the current incarnation of GNR.

I voted Chris Pittman bc he come off like a creep. Some people just have bad vibes. I'm really glad he's gone, reunion or not.

Edit: He's also dumb for getting fired like that. I've legit never seen anything more stupid than that situation.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Who cares, though? The money grabbing nostalgia tour was fucking great. The 3 shows I saw from 2010-2012 were awesome, but I and many others never got to see the real deal. Seeing Axl, Slash, and Duff perform 3 hour shows with deep cuts like Coma brought back was priceless. Those 2016 shows were insanely good, Axl brought the energy for that first year. I wouldn’t trade that tour and the memories for CD2

Those first year was great, but knowing nothing came of it soured me. The reunion gimmick has lost its novelty to me, and now it just comes across as sad and has broken my illusion that them coming together again actually meant something more than a paycheck

I'm glad people seem to still be enjoying the tour, but I would have much rather have the album that was going to be released (and I do believe it would have come out if there was no reunion to halt the progress). I know a lot of people didn't like CD/nuGNR, but at least there was passion behind it. It all just seems so cold and complacent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

The money-grubbing nostalgia tour singlehandedly saved Guns N Roses from remaining an irrelevant punchline and redeemed them massively in the public eye. For the band's legacy, it was absolutely the right move. 

At the expense of any semblance of artistic integrity. They don't ahve the respect of their peers (remember Kirk Hammett openly making fun of them being a nostalgia act years ago). They're irrelevant and a punchline to the music scene either way, and everybody knows it. I'd rather have a band that is an actual band that makes music, not a band that's winning arbitrary popularity contests with people who only know SCOM and NR.

Edited by meadsoap

The interview is no longer on the net but Pitman did claim a band like Guns N’ Roses doesn’t need to release albums a few years before he threw the toys out the pram and referred to us on here as “dildoes” 😂

That said, he gets pass marks for Chinese. I voted Ashba for obvious reasons, but Duff and 4tus aren’t that far behind - more personality with those two rather than talent though.

4 hours ago, meadsoap said:

Those first year was great, but knowing nothing came of it soured me. The reunion gimmick has lost its novelty to me, and now it just comes across as sad and has broken my illusion that them coming together again actually meant something more than a paycheck

I'm glad people seem to still be enjoying the tour, but I would have much rather have the album that was going to be released (and I do believe it would have come out if there was no reunion to halt the progress). I know a lot of people didn't like CD/nuGNR, but at least there was passion behind it. It all just seems so cold and complacent.

Aside from the reunion tour and the two singles, do you believe we'd have the anniversary box sets? Especially the UYI box set with the live recordings was worth the reunion IMO.

• Like 2