Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

17 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Shannon Gunz on Sirius XM Octane (37) just said that new Guns n Roses is coming on Friday and the song is called Perhaps 

What’s the chances she’s just seen a random article online about that site with the countdown and she’s saying what she has seen under the assumption it’s definitely official?

Edited by D4NNY
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

What’s the chances she’s just seen a random article online about that site with the countdown and she’s saying what she has seen under the assumption it’s definitely official? 

Possible. Shannon has been with SXM forever though so idk. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, metalavenger99 said:

What gives me confidence is that this is not a forum theory over a leaked url anymore

It’s everywhere on music news on many languages, on many sites and platforms 

There’s no going back now

The news sites source is this forum's theories though 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, metalavenger99 said:

Yeah they are, so if they fumble this one the post 2008 modus operandi from this band is gonna be exposed everywhere 

I'm sorry to say, but nobody cares. Most of the people that read these news articles are old farts that still talk shit about Axl as if it was still the 90s, and trash the band as only having 1 good album, some even say no good songs! Nobody cares about new music from GnR except more serious music fans and of course us hardcore fans. There is no exposing. This is billion dollar touring machine. They'll be just fine continuing on till retirement without releasing anything new.

8 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'm sorry to say, but nobody cares. Most of the people that read these news articles are old farts that still talk shit about Axl as if it was still the 90s, and trash the band as only having 1 good album, some even say no good songs! Nobody cares about new music from GnR except more serious music fans and of course us hardcore fans. There is no exposing. This is billion dollar touring machine. They'll be just fine continuing on till retirement without releasing anything new.

Nobody cares about actual new music but i'm saying that it'd be weird asf to casuals if they don't follow up

• Like 1

Just now, metalavenger99 said:

Nobody cares about actual new music but i'm saying that it'd be weird asf to casuals if they don't follow up

Yeah I think they already did damage with the casuals in that department. Absurd was an .... absurd song to release as the first new song in 13 years. And then the lack of promotion for both songs they did release followed up by no album and now 2 years later and still not another new song makes them look like clowns. But like I said, it ultimately doesn't matter. Every show of the reunion I've been to I've heard lots of shit said about how bad Axl sounds, but they keep touring and keep making money. Nobody I talked to had any interest in new music either, it was all "we came to hear SCOM and WTTJ"

• Like 1

I’m really liking the Robin guitar solo on the Village Perhaps demo today. Very interested in hearing the Slashed version on Friday and the overall production compared to the 2021 and 2008 stuffs. 
Axl is the George Lucas of music with his Chinese Democracy Special Editions lately. :popcorn:

6 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

It's not the band. The record label are the ones behind this... 

It might be that the band have no interest and this is being done to meet contractual obligations.

This has happened in the past with previous releases including the Greatest Hits and if you connect the dots, the release and lack of interest from the band would suggest Hard Skool was released under the same circumstances. 

I find it interesting that all the "it might be.." explanations you give in various threads about various things, none of them ever include the possibility that anything is ever GNR's fault or imperfection on any of them ;)

9 hours ago, D4NNY said:

The stars are aligning… let’s hope Aug 11th is correct 🙏

9 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Axl is not there haha

well if he was there, then he might start pointing at the sky and moving the stars with his fingers

(where did that story come from anyway? was it duswalt's book? i've only seen the passage copy-pasted somewhere once, but then that person deleted it.)

Edited by BucketEgg

10 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

It's not the band. The record label are the ones behind this... 

It might be that the band have no interest and this is being done to meet contractual obligations.

This has happened in the past with previous releases including the Greatest Hits and if you connect the dots, the release and lack of interest from the band would suggest Hard Skool was released under the same circumstances. 

I don’t think so. 
I think if anything the box sets and yet more pressings of appetite is for the label. The singles seem more personal to Axl..that seems very evident when he sings absurd live. 

Also if you look at the singles HS & Absurd on Spotify they are released c p Guns N’Roses, under exclusive licence to Geffen Records.

Everything else including uyi box set is UMG recordings, inc.

I’m not an expert but I think that indicates GN’R has more control over the singles.

• Like 1