10/06/23 - Indio, CA - PowerTrip Festival

downzy

3 minutes ago, Jwalker19 said:

Axl's voice is so up and down. He sounded so solid last show and has once again had his struggles in this one, especially on You Could Be Mine and Better. His control on the high notes is not really there tonight.

Those are his best songs to sing since like 2020

Every better and even ycbm sounded better before. 

Those are very hard songs to sing for a 60+r

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gnrjanus said:

Those are his best songs to sing since like 2020

Every better and even ycbm sounded better before. 

Those are very hard songs to sing for a 60+r

You could be mine hasn't sounded great for years & better has been weak since 2016, as has November rain 

Pretty standard setlist tonight with the only surprises being Perhaps not being played and Better being played for the second show in a row. I feel like these festival gigs are always less interesting than the regular shows and feel rushed with less songs being played/no encore. I understand curfews and everything. It just seems like people always hype up these gigs for no reason.

Edited by Jwalker19
Typo
  • Like 2

Show just ended

Set list according to setlistfm:

It's So Easy, Bad Obsession, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Pretty Tied Up, Mr. Brownstone, Rumble/Welcome to the Jungle, Hard Skool, Absurd, Double Talkin' Jive, Reckless Life, You Could Be Mine, Estranged, Live and Let Die, Down on the Farm, Rocket Queen, T.V. Eye, Better, Anything Goes, Civil War, Slash Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O'Mine, November Rain, Wichita Lineman, Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Patience, Coma, Nightrain, Paradise City

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Perhaps or perhaps not...in fact NO Perhaps! Why drop your new single again and keep HS and Absurd (no voice comments, he's got it down fine now)

So weird that they only played one of like the 5 songs they soundchecked 😸

They played a good set, twice the amount of songs Maiden played

Setlist moaners who aren't actually at the show really crack me up...you aren't there watching it

• Like 3

3 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Perhaps or perhaps not...in fact NO Perhaps! Why drop your new single again and keep HS and Absurd (no voice comments, he's got it down fine now)

So weird that they only played one of like the 5 songs they soundchecked 😸

They could drop the awful cover witcha lineman for their own song

• Like 2

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

No.....but they're commenting on the setlist as they see it. What's the problem with that? Setlist discussion makes up most of the show threads. 

Another one that doesn't get it...if you're not there, haven't paid to see the gig and so on, it doesn't matter what they play

You aren't there...this forum for show days is 99 percent negative moaning from people sat at home, those there seem to enjoy it ...if I'm not attending, I couldn't give a shit what's played in any order 

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

They just could play both like at other shows.

Their cover of Wichita Lineman is exceptional.

It's great !!! They nail it & did with the seeker for years 

Just now, 6lake sa66ath said:

McKagan, the punk rocker of the band, has become known for writing messages on his bass. Even though his bass was bare during Power Trip, the word “lame” was stenciled in pink on his black leather vest.”

:laugh:

Lol, I didn't notice that part.