10/06/23 - Indio, CA - PowerTrip Festival

downzy

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

At the very least, Brian (And all of AC/DC for that matter) will give it their all. They are not a band to crack under pressure. I don’t know how Brian will sound, but he will give everything he has. 

He'll definitely give it his all, for me he's always kinda sounded like a Geordie that's having his bollocks tightened in a vice... not a great singer whatsoever, but as a show...he's always put one on 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

18 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Zero chance.  Axl's already left the venue.

Even if he wanted to, Brian Johnson's management won't let him on stage for fear of making Brian look bad.

Utter bollocks😄 Brian wouldn't care 

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ugly_Kid_Jose said:

one of the cool things of this IM tour is that fans got they played a song they never played alive. Alexander the great (from 1986).

This tour's setlist is a dream. Wish I could catch them live before they wrap it up.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ChristianGNR said:

Bit disappointed with Axl’s vocals from this show. Really expecting another improvement after the 2 great shows, but it went downhill again. 

And that's the way it is now.

They play for 3 hours and your lucky to hear a few tunes a night that sound decent, vocally.

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Utter bollocks😄 Brian wouldn't care 

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

The last time Axl sang for AC/DC it almost cost Johnson his job.  His voice isn't anything to write home about these days either.  If you really think these guys aren't insecure and petty enough to make demands about stifling the competition, you must not know much about the music industry.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

They just could play both like at other shows.

Their cover of Wichita Lineman is exceptional.

Its really a boring song to play at a festival show plus its just another cover. They have songs of their own that can fill that spot.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I get that many people don't like Wichita (it's a matter of preference), but, like I said, whether one likes it or not, they're doing a really good rendition of it and it currently sounds better than some of their own songs (I prefer hearing Wichita than Better, for example). The musical arrangement is great and Axl shines on it - I watched a video of it from one of the recent shows and it really gave me Salt of The Earth vibes.

Absolutely agree. Wichita has been a highlight of the show for a long time, I can see why people find it boring but I think it's great. I'd definitely prefer a fresh studio recording of Wichita over more frankensteined CD leftovers, it suits Axl's voice very well.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

You say that without any context - Maiden songs are much longer than GN’R songs. Of the 15 songs in their set this tour two of them are over 11 minutes long and another  five songs over 8 minutes long. Seven of the fifteen songs have either never been played live, or haven’t been played live since 1987. It’s also probably the most technically demanding setlist they’ve ever played - there’s some extremely complex songs in the set this tour. 

I get that Maiden isn’t everybody’s cup of tea, but they certainly are not a lazy band by any means. They chance their setlist radically from tour to tour, they play a large dose of new material when touring behind a new album, they’re all pushing their late 60’s (Except Nicko who is 71 and had a stroke earlier this year), they’re still very energetic onstage, and on top of all of that, they still sound pretty damn good. Not every band has to play marathon-length sets to be a hardworking band that gives fans their money’s worth. 

Maiden:

"Our songs are much longer than GN’R songs. Of the 15 songs in our set this tour two of them are over 11 minutes long and another  five songs over 8 minutes long."

GNR:

"Hold my beer..."

*playing Rocket Queen and KOHD*

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Ugly_Kid_Jose said:

i saw IM in july and only for the Blade Runner Intro.it worthed 

You ain't kidding - Blade Runner theme into Caught Somewhere In Time is the best opening I've seen them do, and that encompasses every tour since 2005. 

7 hours ago, Ratam said:

I think we should take in consideration that Dickinson had/has cancer.

Had, yes. He's been cancer free since 2015, and it didn't really affect him at all (In the immediate time following his cancer treatment he was actually sounding better than right before his cancer). More recently Nicko had a stroke earlier this year which left him with limited mobility - his drumming has been a little simplified as he works towards fully regaining his movement. 

4 hours ago, Cosmo said:

This tour's setlist is a dream. Wish I could catch them live before they wrap it up.

I really, really hope you get to. It's a diehard's absolute dream with so many deep cuts, new songs, and so few massive hits. 

• Like 2