10/06/23 - Indio, CA - PowerTrip Festival

downzy

16 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

McKagan, the punk rocker of the band, has become known for writing messages on his bass. Even though his bass was bare during Power Trip, the word “lame” was stenciled in pink on his black leather vest.”

:laugh:

He also said that they played two-hour set and the show lasted full three hours.

7 hours ago, Jwalker19 said:

Pretty standard setlist tonight with the only surprises being Perhaps not being played and Better being played for the second show in a row. I feel like these festival gigs are always less interesting than the regular shows and feel rushed with less songs being played/no encore. I understand curfews and everything. It just seems like people always hype up these gigs for no reason.

This event wasn’t supposed to be like that. One of the main selling points was 6 iconic bands doing a full headliner set at one location. 

Edited by Martin Riggs
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Apparently wasn’t their fault. Changing the stage after Iron Maiden took a while. Not sure why that would be a surprise to organizers who released start times though. 

And since Maiden’s physical stage set hadn’t changed in 20 years. This shouldn’t come as a surprise to anybody :shrugs:

1 hour ago, DSTK said:

Another one that doesn't get it...if you're not there, haven't paid to see the gig and so on, it doesn't matter what they play

You aren't there...this forum for show days is 99 percent negative moaning from people sat at home, those there seem to enjoy it ...if I'm not attending, I couldn't give a shit what's played in any order 

It's great !!! They nail it & did with the seeker for years 

I mean, obviously it's nonsense that show threads are 99 per cent negative- in fact this tour has seen most people be massively positive. 

Good to know you feel it doesn't matter what they play - most other people on here though are rather interested in what is played. Hence why setlists are posted and why show threads exist. 

Perhaps if you feel the place is such an overwhelming pit of negativity full of people who 'don't get it' it might be best to avoid all show threads? Setlists are going to get discussed. 

Always funny to see people telling others what they should and shouldn't give a shit about and discuss though. It's been quite the GNR fan tradition over the years. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

That photo looks great, but it always seems weird to me when standing is behind the seats. The atmosphere back there must be pretty flat, so far away from the stage. 

Anyone on here go? Where did you sit/stand? 

It was very easy to get to the G/A rail... Still couldn't see anybody on stage.

• Like 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

Was it a good experience? Enjoy it? 

Definitely had a good time thanks, slightly bitter with the organisation, sound at times & shit view. Body aches like fuck and didn't make it back to the airbnb til 3:30 but Priest & AC/DC await tonight!

Tried upgrading to grandstand as they were made available yet they had the cheek to ask for $800 extra per ticket🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Definitely had a good time thanks, slightly bitter with the organisation, sound at times & shit view. Body aches like fuck and didn't make it back to the airbnb til 3:30 but Priest & AC/DC await tonight!

Tried upgrading to grandstand as they were made available yet they had the cheek to ask for $800 extra per ticket🤦🏻‍♂️

Glad to hear you got something out of it despite those issues- that price is insane! Have a good time tonight! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

You say that without any context - Maiden songs are much longer than GN’R songs. Of the 15 songs in their set this tour two of them are over 11 minutes long and another  five songs over 8 minutes long. Seven of the fifteen songs have either never been played live, or haven’t been played live since 1987. It’s also probably the most technically demanding setlist they’ve ever played - there’s some extremely complex songs in the set this tour. 

I get that Maiden isn’t everybody’s cup of tea, but they certainly are not a lazy band by any means. They chance their setlist radically from tour to tour, they play a large dose of new material when touring behind a new album, they’re all pushing their late 60’s (Except Nicko who is 71 and had a stroke earlier this year), they’re still very energetic onstage, and on top of all of that, they still sound pretty damn good. Not every band has to play marathon-length sets to be a hardworking band that gives fans their money’s worth. 

i saw IM in july and only for the Blade Runner Intro.it worthed 

Edited by Ugly_Kid_Jose
  • GNFNR 1