Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

3 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Yea Danny. 2002 is a whole other story. I’m a Huge Bucket, Robin & Brain fan. What could’ve been. I was at MSG 2002 in the blizzard. The buzz was insane!

I was at Vegas for New Years 2001 going into 2002 (front row) and then Tacoma 2002. I also saw them in Portland 2006. After he refused to promote the album release, I stopped supporting him. It's been all downhill for Axl and GNR since.

8 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

I wish to God that Axl would have released CD in 2002, before or during the tour. Imagine if he kept that band intact. Robin and Buckethead were guitar Gods. Brain, a drumming God. Axl in peak condition, primed and ready to take over the world. The ceiling for this band was very, very high. I still have my Spin magazine, "what the world needs now is Axl Rose". And nothing could be truer at the time. Axl Rose no show at Philly and back to the wilderness for 4 years was a dagger to my heart, to my soul. I used to brag to friends and family how amazing Chinese Democracy would be and I would later on be asked by them, "where's Chinese Democracy?". 

Bucket and Robin are both awesome guitar players but they were never ever going to be fully accepted by the mainstream public. They were both such freaks back then (Bucket still is lol) 

1 minute ago, Martin Riggs said:

The funny thing is that whether you prefer Classic GNR or New GNR, you’ll always end up at the same conclusion…Axl Rose really shit the bed with his decision making. 

Don't get it twisted. I love classic GNR (fav song ever is Estranged) and I love NuGNR. However, I hate the reunion and cash grab tour. Wouldn't support this BS in a million years. 

• Like 1

I still don’t know why CD didn’t just come out in 2001/2002.

The locker leaks prove that it was ready to go. It seems like Axl was ready to release it until Bob Ezrin made the “three good songs” remark. 

Rough Mixes #1 + Hard Skool, State of Grace, and IRS. There’s your album. Done. Then you can finish the instrumental tracks for the follow-up.

Hopefully one day we’ll get the full story of how that early CD era went so catastrophically wrong.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

I like it personally, genuinely - no trolling here!  It is all the beauty of subjectivity in music :)

Robin had some nice notes at the start of the solo but his version just fizzled out. 

I kind of prefer Slash's solo also. 

In the CD era though, it is hard to actually tell who played what. Really it is Axl creating solos by copying and pasting parts. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sledge said:

The GNR music the world wants to hear is akin to the star wars movie the world wants to see in the sense that no one knows what that actually is. Not the first time I've said that but with repetition being the norm on forums I'm just trying to fit in.

Damn right. I also think that even if they wrote a song about getting drunk and crashing cars again with a blues-inspired hard rock riff, people would just say it's a "worse" Nightrain or It's So Easy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

Damn right. I also think that even if they wrote a song about getting drunk and crashing cars again with a blues-inspired hard rock riff, people would just say it's a "worse" Nightrain or It's So Easy.

They could easily bring Matt Sorum back and do Velvet Revolver 2.0 featuring Axl Rose and it would be more successful. Bang out a brand new record in 8months 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

They could easily bring Matt Sorum back and do Velvet Revolver 2.0 featuring Axl Rose and it would be more successful. Bang out a brand new record in 8months 

I love his drumming on illusions on the other hand his autobiography makes him sound like a complete bellend 🤷🏻

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

I was at Vegas for New Years 2001 going into 2002 (front row) and then Tacoma 2002. I also saw them in Portland 2006. After he refused to promote the album release, I stopped supporting him. It's been all downhill for Axl and GNR since.

Wow Vegas 2001. You got to see Paul, how was he live? From what you can hear on the pro shot video that leaked his parts were pretty tight and the solos he takes on Rocket and Think About You were amazing. Paul is such a mystery!

15 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

And have him boss around Axl, Slash and Duff? hahaha that dude tried to confront Slash for not consulting him on hiring a singer for SLASH'S Snakepit 

5 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

And have him boss around Axl, Slash and Duff? hahaha that dude tried to confront Slash for not consulting him on hiring a singer for SLASH'S Snakepit 

They can handle being in a studio together for 3 weeks. Sorum is married with a kid. I’d bank on him being mature enough this go around to your every few yrs

• Like 1