"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

43 minutes ago, General2112 said:

Which is funny because Perhaps had a radio debut before it was released and even played live 

I live in a major radio area, with 3 separate rock stations, and I still have not heard this song. When Hardschool came out I only ever heard it one time, and it was between 1-2 am ....

1 hour ago, Jwalker19 said:

So, I've actually never heard the cellphone clip that everyone speaks of from years ago. Can anybody help a brother out?

it's a very slow track with a hiphop rhythm and a lot of trumpets

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

For some reason, I'm trying to not set expectations too high on this. I do like what I can hear on that cell phone recording, and that seems to be at least 1/3 of the song (2 min). 

I really hope for this to be the case. The Perhaps' video helped a lot and really made a difference. 

Do we know how long The General is? 

3 hours ago, Modano09 said:

I just don't see why "it wouldn't work as a single" matters when they're just finishing up old songs and releasing them individually. There's no album that people may or may not buy based off hearing "The General", worse case scenario you release it to stream and people just don't like it. 

Of course on the flip side, if all they're doing is finishing up old songs and putting them out here and there it really doesn't matter if they tack one onto the single for another. 

I think it's just a matter of not actually spilling out the details about The General on this while the song is not yet released online. Maybe they'll update the artwork and promote it as more of a double single thing. 

2 hours ago, pixiaofei said:

我有这首歌曲的小样

Chinese Democracy already started. But feel free to share the demo with us.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I live in a major radio area, with 3 separate rock stations, and I still have not heard this song. When Hardschool came out I only ever heard it one time, and it was between 1-2 am ....

I've yet to hear on radio (FM radio that is) in Canada. Not that I listen too often but still...

3 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'm not listening much to radio but heard Hard Skool a few times when it came out.

Haven't heard Perhaps though

Apparently we won't be getting the Song on streaming devices. (they were also the ones who knew about perhaps being pushed back a week)

https://radiorock.it/guns-n-roses-la-nuova-the-general-non-sara-disponibile-in-streaming-e-in-digitale/?fbclid=IwAR1Rw9e6vmvRQagYaPWCyZNozr0mvIm_i6dXEuBq5r3Luk--NB1KC2VfaRk

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4
  • Wow 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

12 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Apparently we won't be getting the Song on streaming devices. (they were also the ones who knew about perhaps being pushed back a week)

https://radiorock.it/guns-n-roses-la-nuova-the-general-non-sara-disponibile-in-streaming-e-in-digitale/?fbclid=IwAR1Rw9e6vmvRQagYaPWCyZNozr0mvIm_i6dXEuBq5r3Luk--NB1KC2VfaRk

brilliant of course we won’t 

thanks axl

• GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

That can’t be true lol. Of all bands, GNR should know that songs make it onto the internet regardless of if they want them to 

• Like 1

The Italians must have really taken the Spaghetti Incident seriously dropping all the news about the Perhaps single before anyone else. 

I still think it ends up on a streaming service, but if it doesn’t we’ll have high quality rips of it a week or two before the actual release date when people start getting their records early. Or we’ll have it as soon as they do get them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I believe it could be just a misunderstood about the promotion: it will be available in streaming platforms, but not as a digital single for radios to get airplay like Perhaps did. 

But if it's true, it would be beyond stupid to not give access to this for the majority of the fan base who don't own a vinyl player. First because of course it would be ripped and shared as a mp3 (with lower sound quality), second because to lower the reach of the release is a testament of how the band views the quality of the song and how the fanbase should be treated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Now why the fuck would they do that? 😒

I'm sure a member or two here have the proper equipment for a high quality vinyl to high res audio rip if they indeed don't release The General digitally.

I ordered 3 copies of Perhaps on vinyl so I wouldn't feel bad about downloading that. 

I'll happily order 3+ more copies of whatever next they put out on CD as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'm sure a member or two here have the proper equipment for a high quality vinyl to high res audio rip if they indeed don't release The General digitally.

I ordered 3 copies of Perhaps on vinyl so I wouldn't feel bad about downloading that. 

I'll happily order 3+ more copies of whatever next they put out on CD as well.

I tried buying it but the shipping to France is $22. I refuse to pay $22 on shipping for two vinyls that, together, cost $33. Don't they have an european store/warehouse? Damn.