"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

On 9/1/2023 at 1:14 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

This band is always so close to doing things right, but ultimately fails in the end. The fact that they finally chose to release a buried legendary song and then shoved it on to an obscure physical release only is such a GNR move. This band is a joke.

Yup my point exactly. Takes a lot of the excitement away because of how it's being delivered. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, D4NNY said:

Searched for it on Google and came up with this, says not available in the UK. Maybe you bought it in the past and that’s why you still have it available now? 

IMG_1254.thumb.png.7eb01600850ab0347e61479335afb946.png

Hmm. How weird. Clicking top songs on Apple Music here in the US is “all songs” really. So you can see Paradise City from the Cant Hardly Wait soundtrack (ironically a movie named after a Replacements song) and a few other oddities like that. That’s the only place I can see Oh My God and it’s on the End of Days soundtrack. 

It had not happened to me yet, but now, in Italy, The General brings me to GnR and Perhaps in the top results among artists and albums.

I know the release is official by now, but being on Spotify I was wondering if it wasn't a confirmation that it will also be available for streaming on the various platforms.

1 hour ago, klakly said:

It had not happened to me yet, but now, in Italy, The General brings me to GnR and Perhaps in the top results among artists and albums.

I know the release is official by now, but being on Spotify I was wondering if it wasn't a confirmation that it will also be available for streaming on the various platforms.

Same here in Germany 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, klakly said:

True, it's the same for me in Italy too. For what it's worth, Perhaps never returned any GNR results for me until about 10-15 days before the official release. The General, until a few days ago, wouldn't return any GNR results either. Now it gives me GNR as the first result in artists and Perhaps as the second result in songs. 

• Like 1

For those wondering about it not getting a streaming release, wherever that rumor started is false. The band WANTS everyone to hear the song - they wouldn’t want to release it to only have a few people hear it. Of course it will be on streaming and downloadable services. Common sense people, stop believing the ridiculous 

• Like 4

Just now, ryanf23 said:

For those wondering about it not getting a streaming release, wherever that rumor started is false. The band WANTS everyone to hear the song - they wouldn’t want to release it to only have a few people hear it. Of course it will be on streaming and downloadable services. Common sense people, stop believing the ridiculous 

I totally agree. If it's being released it will almost certainly be available digitally. Putting it out as a B side is a smart move if it really is a big song...play it down, drop it quietly and let the fans/critics do the promo. It's already getting hype in the media etc without them doing anything. 👍

• Like 2

I know it was a pun, but i can see it not being released and he could have an excuse because he never actually confirmed it.

So If its not released on streaming platforms...

Please

Please

Please if anyone receives it earlier than others, stop it with that discord elitism bullshit and just post it here, it'll be an official release anyways 

3 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

I know it was a pun, but i can see it not being released and he could have an excuse because he never actually confirmed it.

So If its not released on streaming platforms...

Please

Please

Please if anyone receives it earlier than others, stop it with that discord elitism bullshit and just post it here, it'll be an official release anyways 

The only obstacle with that is, even a needledrop of an officially released recording, even if there isn't a digital release at that moment in time, could get a forum into trouble if posted in the open.  I know it sucks, but from my experience with leaks, it isn't elitism but more or less wanting to avoid the places we talk about GNR on getting into legal trouble

Which I don't think we have to worry about for this one, I don't think The General is going to be relegated to being just a vinyl single only bonus-track

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

The only obstacle with that is, even a needledrop of an officially released recording, even if there isn't a digital release at that moment in time, could get a forum into trouble if posted in the open.  I know it sucks, but from my experience with leaks, it isn't elitism but more or less wanting to avoid the places we talk about GNR on getting into legal trouble

Which I don't think we have to worry about for this one, I don't think The General is going to be relegated to being just a vinyl single only bonus-track

Good point..

I don't think it's getting a vinyl only release either, the main thing that bugs me about this is that as we all know, that website that just said this is the same one that broke the news about the Perhaps delay fiasco when almost no one was expecting it