Greatest Nu-Guns Moment

I def agree with some of the sentiment expressed here - it felt more like it was 'our' band. You knew it wasn't a popular thing, but we were in it together. There was still the hope of what was to come. Some great shows, Axl in great form at various points. Looking back at 2006 and that really was the second coming.

I wish I was a bit older to have gone to 2006 shows or some of the smaller venues they played. 

• Like 2

Rock in Río 2011 was a complete mess

but how hyped we were for that performance. First Axl appearance since Dubai 2010, his voice in 2010 was at its peak and we would receive the first pro shot of the tour. 
Also, the leaked setlist was huge. It even included oh my god and going down + estranged back after 18 years 

then it all happened but it was a fun night.

i also remember that as years passed with few to none setlist changes; we went crazy for there was a time being performed or the return of civil war. 

I attended 4 shows of that line up and they were great except for Buenos Aires 2010 that we couldn’t hear Axls voice + he was like 3 hours late 

2006-2007 - Leaks

2008 - Leaks, and official Chinese Democracy release

2011-2012 - My dad and I saw them in Chicago and Detroit

2019 - Village Leaks

2028 - Anniversary release of CD, including all Buckethead and Robin mixes, alt artwork, multi-disc, and re-recorded AFD, and DJ Ashba's unused demos ;) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, username said:

That is definitely grand, But the version of Sailing acoustic at the surprise nightclub show later that night is even more epic imo. 

I'd love it if we get pro shots of either (or both) eventually. Or better yet, a studio version recorded around that time. For all we know, Axl has recordings of all sorts of covers. Light My Fire is the only one I'm certain exists in studio form.

• PERHAPS 1

11 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

So we actually know that it's a cover song? Lots of bands release same named titles. Could just be a whole different song, called light my fire?

If I recall correctly, they "jammed" Light My Fire (by The Doors) around that time.

I don't recall it being confirmed that it was recorded, though.

6 hours ago, Cosmo said:

For Nightrain. They were fantastic for Nightrain.

Completely disagree. Imo those are the perfect examples why Buckethead doesn't fit GNR. What he plays is awesome and impressive, great technique and so on and so forth but it simply lacks the goosebump factor. Slash's raw, bluesy game perfectly fits Nightrain. He never made a wankfest out of it. I don't feel that on any of BH's Nightrain takes. Not that he's not capable... he just choose to play it differently because he has a different musical background.