GNR adds Hell and Heaven Fest, last show "in a long time", in November?

https://www.hellandheavenfest.com/lineup

Rock / Alt, Rock

Assets since: 1985Origin: United StatesLatest album: EP Hard skool

"With nearly four decades of career, Guns N ’ Roses has positioned itself as one of the largest rock bands in history. Founded in 1985 by Axl Rose and guitarist Izzy Stradlin, the band grew rapidly to more than 100 million records sold around the planet, in addition to being part of the Rock Hall of Fame N ’ Roll. Albums like Appetite for Destruction or User Your Illusion are globally iconic. After a separation in the mid-1990s, the band reunited their original members in 2015, achieving full stadiums around the planet. Now, the band has chosen Hell and Heaven Open Air to close this stage, being the last show they will give in a long time, making their participation somewhat unmissable."

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 3
  • Wow 3

2 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

https://www.hellandheavenfest.com/lineup

Rock / Alt, Rock

Assets since: 1985Origin: United StatesLatest album: EP Hard skool

"With nearly four decades of career, Guns N ’ Roses has positioned itself as one of the largest rock bands in history. Founded in 1985 by Axl Rose and guitarist Izzy Stradlin, the band grew rapidly to more than 100 million records sold around the planet, in addition to being part of the Rock Hall of Fame N ’ Roll. Albums like Appetite for Destruction or User Your Illusion are globally iconic. After a separation in the mid-1990s, the band reunited their original members in 2015, achieving full stadiums around the planet. Now, the band has chosen Hell and Heaven Open Air to close this stage, being the last show they will give in a long time, making their participation somewhat unmissable."

I don't know what to think

• Like 1

Well we know SMKC are touring next year, plus Slash and Duff have solo albums on the way that they'll be touring and promoting. It's not too outlandish to assume Guns N' Roses will take a break from non-stop touring in 2024, or at least the first half of 2024

50 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

I think there was a rumor about a 5 year break, wasn't there? I forgot the source of it.

Hopefully that doesn't come true.

They’re not going to take a one year break from raking in touring money, yet alone a 5 year hiatus. They’ll be out next year guaranteed. 

Edited by BillConnor_1982
  • Like 2

I hope so. Otherwise there’s no chance to hear The General live “in a long time”.

33 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

They’re not going to take a one year break from raking in touring money, yet alone a 5 year hiatus. They’ll be out next year guaranteed. 

Edited by Heather14

I don’t think they are taking a break with the purpose of writing new music, Slash and Duff know that the whole process would take 5+ years at least, 5+ years without cashing in the nostalgia money just for the sake of the art?
No way. It’s just a normal break like the first half of 2019, Slash and Duff doing their solo shit and the band just taking a one year break to come back in June 2025 with another world tour this time adding South America and Australia again 

• Like 2
  • PERHAPS 1

1 hour ago, meadsoap said:

I think there was a rumor about a 5 year break, wasn't there? I forgot the source of it.

Hopefully that doesn't come true.

No way they take a break longer than two years. Time is not on the side of Axl’s voice. He can rest it for a while, but there’s no magic potion that’s going to make his voice sound like it’s 1992 again.

If the plan is to record a new full length album from scratch, the songs are going to have to be tailored around the voice of a 61 year old Axl. These songs would replace a lot of the older material that he struggles with live. Realistically, if they want to continue for the next 10-15 years, they’ll have to put out an album within the next couple of years so they don’t lose the momentum they have gained during this tour.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Where else is there to go from here? They’ve toured essentially the entire discography for the last 7 years, we got what Axl probably considers to be the best CDII songs, including legendary song The General on the way, nostalgia packages of both AFD and UYI, etc. It’s either retirement time or releasing a new album, and I doubt they’re going to work on new music. All things have to come to an end, and to be honest, I think it’s time to wrap things up, given the state of Axl’s voice and the rapidly declining sales.

How can you put those words in this order in a sentence????

It's terrible

1 hour ago, D4NNY said:

I have a worrying feeling it’s gonna get veeeerry quiet around here from the end of the year. 2003-2005 style… :smiley-confused2:

I remember back in the day the GNR part of this forum was pretty dead, but Anything Goes, My World, etc was quite happening. Not so much anymore. 

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Where else is there to go from here? They’ve toured essentially the entire discography for the last 7 years, we got what Axl probably considers to be the best CDII songs, including legendary song The General on the way, nostalgia packages of both AFD and UYI, etc. It’s either retirement time or releasing a new album, and I doubt they’re going to work on new music. All things have to come to an end, and to be honest, I think it’s time to wrap things up, given the state of Axl’s voice and the rapidly declining sales.

I doubt they’re going to wrap it all up at the Hell and Heaven Fest in Mexico. They would do a farewell marketing tour.    💰 💰 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Last 7 years? They've nee touring the entire discography since Day 1 brother lol 

• GNFNR 1

Axl said he wants Gn'R to keep going as long as possible. I would guess that means at least a few more years of touring, probably more than a few if everything more or less stays at the same level ability wise for Axl and even if it doesn't, there are ways to still keep it going and for fans to still want to pay for a ticket imo.

• Like 2

Man... that first sentence really bugs me. If I had written it, I'd have changed it from, with nearly four decades of career, Guns N ’ Roses has positioned itself as one of the largest rock bands in history to With a career spanning nearly four decades, Guns N Roses have positioned themselves as one of the biggest rock bands of all time.

Edited by Nintari

3 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Well we know SMKC are touring next year, plus Slash and Duff have solo albums on the way that they'll be touring and promoting. It's not too outlandish to assume Guns N' Roses will take a break from non-stop touring in 2024, or at least the first half of 2024

SLASH To Resume Touring With SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS In January 2024 - BLABBERMOUTH.NET