GNR adds Hell and Heaven Fest, last show "in a long time", in November?

1 hour ago, The Real McCoy said:

And besides, I highly doubt that Slash and Duff’s solo projects are going to last the entire year. I’d be shocked if they weren’t wrapped up by the Summer in time for another GNR tour.

Slash has two solo projects: international SMKC tour in support of the last album and then his solo album which he also plans to tour.

• ABSUЯD 1

7 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, really pointless now...I actually hope Slash stops doing SMKC completely, I understand it's nice and cosy, but come on...

Yeah, I wonder. Myles has been touring with Alter Bridge this year, so it's not as if he has nothing else to do. On the other hand, I love the chance to see Slash in a smaller venue. So I'd be happy if he came around here again.

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yeah, I wonder. Myles has been touring with Alter Bridge this year, so it's not as if he has nothing else to do. On the other hand, I love the chance to see Slash in a smaller venue. So I'd be happy if he came around here again.

With Creed back together for this year, he's available.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Slash has two solo projects: international SMKC tour in support of the last album and then his solo album which he also plans to tour.

An SMKC tour is a given, we know it's happening. I doubt a standalone thing for his solo album would be done though. They'll just add Slash solo songs into the SMKC set like they always have done, surely?

22 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

An SMKC tour is a given, we know it's happening. I doubt a standalone thing for his solo album would be done though. They'll just add Slash solo songs into the SMKC set like they always have done, surely?

Probably, but even in that case the SMKC tour will be logically prolonged (if, for example, Slash wants to play his solo songs in the U.S., too). It also depends when in 2024 the solo album will be released.

On 9/4/2023 at 2:37 PM, meadsoap said:

I think there was a rumor about a 5 year break, wasn't there? I forgot the source of it.

Hopefully that doesn't come true.

Not a hope they take 5yrs off. They are burning daylight now they are in their 60s. It will be maybe 1 year away from the road and then business as usual. Source .. they are getting older and know Axl can't sing the way he needs to for much longer, as he's already struggling. They have been hitting it hard for a long time so the deserve at least a year off though

The five year break talk, at their age, has got to be nonsense, surely?

In touring terms, they're somewhat in-between the likes of The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith and Kiss, and Foo Fighters. You wouldn't see any of those take an unforced five-year break from touring now. Three of those even lost members in one way or another across the last tour cycle and didn't miss a beat.

These days the music business is the touring business. No touring, no Guns N' Roses. It's a gravy train they'd be stupid to stop rolling

16 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

The five year break talk, at their age, has got to be nonsense, surely?

In touring terms, they're somewhat in-between the likes of The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith and Kiss, and Foo Fighters. You wouldn't see any of those take an unforced five-year break from touring now. Three of those even lost members in one way or another across the last tour cycle and didn't miss a beat.

These days the music business is the touring business. No touring, no Guns N' Roses. It's a gravy train they'd be stupid to stop rolling

A lot of it is about offers to tour though- and I imagine the money on the table from promoters (especially outside Europe) is going to be seriously down on what it has been. Taking a break for for a bit recharges demand, offers, all that stuff. 

If it was me, I'm not sure I'd be bothered! How much money can you take to the grave with you? Might as well spend a few years relaxing,  enjoying life and that ridiculous amount of cash they've amassed since 2016! 

Edited by allwaystired

On 9/4/2023 at 8:09 PM, Outofgascar said:

2027 AFD anniversary. They'll be doing shows still.

I said months ago that I have a deep feeling that Guns N'Roses are waiting until 2027 to make a new album to celebrate Appetite For Destruction's 40 year anniversary. I got ragged and dragged....😩

1 minute ago, Karice said:

I said months ago that I have a deep feeling that Guns N'Roses are waiting until 2027 to make a new album to celebrate Appetite For Destruction's 40 year anniversary. I got ragged and dragged....😩

It wouldn't really make sense for them to release a new album on the AFD 40 year anniversary as it would ruin a possible anniversary edition box set, which would give them easy money with very little to no effort. Plus, what's the benefit of releasing a new album on the old album's anniversary? It would be a mess for their PR people. Media outlets would have to divide the attention between AFD and the new album. " GnR releases new album to celebrate 40 years of AFD - remember 5 iconic songs from the groundbreaking record". 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

It wouldn't really make sense for them to release a new album on the AFD 40 year anniversary as it would ruin a possible anniversary edition box set, which would give them easy money with very little to no effort. Plus, what's the benefit of releasing a new album on the old album's anniversary? It would be a mess for their PR people. Media outlets would have to divide the attention between AFD and the new album. " GnR releases new album to celebrate 40 years of AFD - remember 5 iconic songs from the groundbreaking record". 

I think they are waiting for 2027 to drop the rerecorded AFD featuring Tommy Stinson, Robin Finck, and Josh Freese, among others. 

• Haha 2

Hmm best thing to do would be to speculate some optimistic outcomes of this

- Axl has been putting off vocal surgery. He likely has a date set and will rest up over the next couple years and see if he can return with more control.

- Axl is retiring the “Hard Rock” portion of Guns to focus on music and covers that are softer for his a man in his 60’s. Maybe get into some late Elvis classic country type era. 

- Axl going to spend some time at home with his pets, relax and take in the fruits of his labor. Slash, Duff confirmed to be on solo projects. Everyone lives happily ever after. 

Not much left for these guys to do. They came, they saw, they conquered. It’s all bonus material from here! They belong to the history of rock. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

- Axl has been putting off vocal surgery. He likely has a date set and will rest up over the next couple years and see if he can return with more control.

- Axl is retiring the “Hard Rock” portion of Guns to focus on music and covers that are softer for his a man in his 60’s. Maybe get into some late Elvis classic country type era. 

- Axl going to spend some time at home with his pets, relax and take in the fruits of his labor. Slash, Duff confirmed to be on solo projects. Everyone lives happily ever after. 

Not much left for these guys to do. They came, they saw, they conquered. It’s all bonus material from here! They belong to the history of rock. 

Lets go with the first option

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Exactly the same here, his best effort isn't as good as Axl's worst 

I like a few of his songs, and that is quite literally two. Ides Of March is good. He looks like a wet dog too, which isn't nice and has nothing to do with his sound. I always skip his songs on Slash's 2010 album. I wish Slash did more with Fergie and Andrew Stockdale, and Ozzy too. Those were great songs. 

48 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I like a few of his songs, and that is quite literally two. Ides Of March is good. He looks like a wet dog too, which isn't nice and has nothing to do with his sound. I always skip his songs on Slash's 2010 album. I wish Slash did more with Fergie and Andrew Stockdale, and Ozzy too. Those were great songs. 

Yeah I enjoyed that record to be fair in 2010 , his new one with different musicians should be interesting 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, allwaystired said:

A lot of it is about offers to tour though- and I imagine the money on the table from promoters (especially outside Europe) is going to be seriously down on what it has been. Taking a break for for a bit recharges demand, offers, all that stuff. 

If it was me, I'm not sure I'd be bothered! How much money can you take to the grave with you? Might as well spend a few years relaxing,  enjoying life and that ridiculous amount of cash they've amassed since 2016! 

It’s this. My guess is they take next year off completely. Late 2025 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the band they will target US indoor arenas. Maybe a South America run beforehand. Europe in 2026 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love the second option.

I also like the direction Duff has gone to with his albums (another unpopular opinion, I guess). I think at least a couple of songs with Axl and Slash on them would be good for GN'R.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1