GNR adds Hell and Heaven Fest, last show "in a long time", in November?

3 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I actually enjoy it more than Living The Dream. But I agree I hated it at first.

Took me a while to warm to it too, but it's a decent record with good songs on it. I think it'll forever be the forgotten record from that band because of the timing of its release more than anything

• Like 2

On 9/4/2023 at 10:47 AM, D4NNY said:

I have a worrying feeling it’s gonna get veeeerry quiet around here from the end of the year. 2003-2005 style… :smiley-confused2:

2004 was pretty lively, though. They had RIR scheduled, then canceled due to Buckethead quitting. There were A LOT of rumors about ChiDem being released in 2004, even with a specific November date (iirc).

2005 was a dead zone, though, yeah.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 2:49 PM, AxlSlashthebest said:

the last album "4" was a disaster. not even one good song

Agreed. It's a train wreck of an album. I get they wanted to try something new, but it just didn't work in any way.

As for GNR taking a break - it's logical. I suspect the promotor is using the break as leverage to sell more, but I think GNR will be off the road for at least a year, maybe more. There's nothing left after this run. All the deep cuts have been toured. Axl's ability to perform much of the back catalogue is diminished, and people won't be turning up year after year to see the same thing.

They have three options from here

- take a break, go back out in 18-24 months and hope for the best - probably having to accept smaller venues or potentially average ticket sales

- take a break, record new tunes, put out and album and tour it

- take a slightly longer break and then come out with a finale, goodbye tour and call it a day

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

Spirit Love and April Fool I really like. A lot. The rest I can do without. 

April Fool's one of my favourite SMKC songs, but it reminds me of someone I, shall we say, 'knew' at the time of release, so listening to that one can be a challenge 😂

I like that, C'est La Vie, Fill My World, and Call Off The Dogs. I'm a fan of Fall Back to Earth too – it has a sort of Bond theme feel to it. I often skip Spirit Love though, maybe I should give it another chance.

Edited by DoMw94

On 9/11/2023 at 1:48 PM, Bitchisback said:

Eh I like LTD and 4.  First two albums were definitely better but the last two were good too

Agreed! Slash hasn’t put out anything bad, but the last two SMKC weren’t nearly as good as the first two. I’m really looking forward to his next all star album. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

what ive seen November 5th. and in mexico its mostly warm in november so id assume outside

I went to Hell & Heaven Fest last year. Granted it was a few weeks later last year, but my experience was it was gorgeous during the day, and extremely cold at night. The festival is outdoors (Obviously, since it's a festival), and it's in Toluca which is at a higher elevation than Mexico City (I think it was around 9,000 feet if I remember right). The festival runs quite late - the headliners don't finish up until around 2 AM. The daily high was around 70-75 F, but once the sun went down it was brutally cold. While KISS was on as the Sunday night headliner my phone said it was 38 F, which is about 3 C. I was wearing three layers and a winter hat and still shivering all night, and that's coming from somebody used to 120 inches of snow every winter. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I went to Hell & Heaven Fest last year. Granted it was a few weeks later last year, but my experience was it was gorgeous during the day, and extremely cold at night. The festival is outdoors (Obviously, since it's a festival), and it's in Toluca which is at a higher elevation than Mexico City (I think it was around 9,000 feet if I remember right). The festival runs quite late - the headliners don't finish up until around 2 AM. The daily high was around 70-75 F, but once the sun went down it was brutally cold. While KISS was on as the Sunday night headliner my phone said it was 38 F, which is about 3 C. I was wearing three layers and a winter hat and still shivering all night, and that's coming from somebody used to 120 inches of snow every winter. 

Strange time to have an outdoor fest!🥴

On 9/10/2023 at 8:21 AM, F*ck Fear said:

If they never toured again, it would mean nothing to me.

Keep releasing new music, though.

With the current state of the music industry, there isn't much financial incentive to release new music but not tour.  That was an option in the 80s and 90s but not now.  

• Like 1