GNR adds Hell and Heaven Fest, last show "in a long time", in November?

14 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

They'll be back in 2025. It'll either be a farewell world tour or the support tour for a final new album, which will then be followed by the farewell world tour. They aint going to be playing into their 70s. 

The most realistic scenarios, yes.

This doesn't really mean anything. I don't think Team Brazil is telling all their plans to the organizers of this festival. This is a promoter using vague language to try and sell more tickets.  I recall some overseas promoters saying NITL was 'Guns N' Roses' final tour of _____" in some promo materials and that didn't end up being the case. Same thing here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChristianGNR said:

People here complaining about “endless touring” and now complaining about rumours of “hiatus”.

I would rather see this in the positive way that they’re going to do a brand new album 

I’m not, I think it’s high time they go away. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

I think it's a good thing. I know some people on here like to make out that CD was a double album or even a trilogy but it seems pretty clear that almost all of that if it ever even existed was shelved. 

There's a few leftovers trickling out and probably a hiatus while Slash and Duff focus on doing what musicians do... Making music. 

Guns will be back for more touring soon enough though. And unlikely with any new music.

I don't think the options "new album or retirement/farewell"

In my opinion they are still going to do another reunion tour, do the same formula, tour the whole world and when they come to the US release the 2 remaining CD2 songs as promotion

And then they'll probably do the farewell tour but marketed and named as such. Not just another world tour + singles. 

Axl clearly doesn't care about the declining state of his voice because most people still have a blast and pay for this shows, mostly outside the US but anyway, he'll probably still do it as long as he is physically able to hit most of the notes using the falsetto

I can see another 8 years or so of live GNR in the horizon 

10 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Guns will be back for more touring soon enough though. And unlikely with any new music.

There has been new music, just not in the quantities that us hardcore fans have been wanting.

We got two in 2021, and at least two this year. People complain that it's not really new because the demos of them have been around for years. To that I say, it's not the band's fault that people chose to hear the leaked demos and form an opinion of the demos versus the official final versions. Had they not been leaked, the band could have held on to them and prepped them for a release on a full length album, but I'm sure they got tired of people having access to the demos.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

People complain that it's not really new because the demos of them have been around for years. To that I say, it's not the band's fault that people chose to hear the leaked demos and form an opinion of the demos versus the official final versions. Had they not been leaked, the band could have held on to them and prepped them for a release on a full length album, but I'm sure they got tired of people having access to the demos.

Counterpoint: They had at least 18 years to release the songs. That's more than enough time to release music. Can't blame the fans for listening when we have been starving for a long time. 

• Like 2

"A long time" is probably about a year, maybe year and a half. Plenty of us already assumed they'd take 2024 off while Slash and Duff did solo albums/tours. They'll probably be back in 2025, with Atlas and maybe another song, then tour for a few more years until retirement.

5 hours ago, Dummy said:

I have hope that they might actually write a song or two if they stop touring and that slashs comments about new music after this tour was True.

It would be nice, but I doubt they'll even be able to do a couple of new songs, let alone an album. It's more likely we'll get studio versions of cover songs, which I honestly wouldn't be disappointed with...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

There has been new music, just not in the quantities that us hardcore fans have been wanting.

We got two in 2021, and at least two this year. People complain that it's not really new because the demos of them have been around for years. To that I say, it's not the band's fault that people chose to hear the leaked demos and form an opinion of the demos versus the official final versions. 

Yes, it is the band’s fault (Axl’s) that they finally reunited over 7 years ago and still haven’t sat down together to write any new material. If they’re not going to do that then call it quits. Nearing a decade of half assing it is enough time to rake in the cash .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

We got two in 2021, and at least two this year. People complain that it's not really new because the demos of them have been around for years. To that I say, it's not the band's fault that people chose to hear the leaked demos and form an opinion of the demos versus the official final versions. Had they not been leaked, the band could have held on to them and prepped them for a release on a full length album, but I'm sure they got tired of people having access to the demos.

There's "kind of" been new music. They've released previously unreleased songs, but even this lineup has been sitting on these recordings for a few years now. I'm stoked to hear The General but I don't consider it a new song, because it's not, it's just an unheard song. The fact that demos leaked years ago isn't relevant to the fact that that parts of these singles were recorded decades ago. If they release Atlas during their next tour, it's likely we'll be hearing a 5 year old recording of a 25+ year old song. That's fucking crazy.

If they were adding these alongside actual new songs to fill up an album, that's a different story. For example, one of Corey Taylor's recent singles was written 20-something years ago, in the same session where he wrote Bother, but he was clear that it was an old song. A nice middle ground would be saving Atlas, 2-3 other CD leftovers, a couple Duff songs, a couple covers, and 2-3 new songs for a full album.

1 minute ago, rumandraisin said:

Really? People really think they'll miss out on an opportunity to make another ten million each from another years touring. Maybe next year will be quiet, but at the latest they'll be back with... You guessed it.... "A whole new f'n chapter tour" 2025. 

Not everything is about money...

58 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

If a one-year break is enough for Axl to get his voice in better shape and compose new music together, that's far better than endless touring with Axl's voice in a downward spiral.

He's 61. His voice today is the best it'll ever be again. A year off isn't going to help, just like the 18 months off for covid made him come back worse initially. taking 2024 off means he'll be 63 when he comes back. unless he's benjamin button, it'll be even worse.

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yes, it is the band’s fault (Axl’s) that they finally reunited over 7 years ago and still haven’t sat down together to write any new material. If they’re not going to do that then call it quits. Nearing a decade of half assing it is enough time to rake in the cash .

Yeah. they've been round the world 3x since reuniting. isn't this the 4th American run? if people havent seen them during that time and want to wheel them out for another ever worsening appearance in 2025 for the same setlist then listen to different music. GnR should only tour again if it is in support of a new album. not another NITL. Or an appetite 5 tour. But even that, i feel has passed as a spectacle. Not that you can't still have fun at a gnr show. This leg has been good, maybe end on a high and just be a studio band (HAHA)

11 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

He's 61. His voice today is the best it'll ever be again. A year off isn't going to help, just like the 18 months off for covid made him come back worse initially. taking 2024 off means he'll be 63 when he comes back. unless he's benjamin button, it'll be even worse.

His voice didn't get worse from year to year. He sounded much better in 2016 than he did in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, didn't it? It's not exact science he'll be 63 but if he's in better shape and does things right (for a change) health-wise, it might be good for his voice.