GNR adds Hell and Heaven Fest, last show "in a long time", in November?

1 hour ago, GoBucky said:

Didn't the stage manager say that they're putting together an all new stage/show or something when he said a new song is coming any day to the VIP crowd? 

No, he didn't say that. He just said that the show in Paris was the last one they went to with their full stage production, and then he said that the production includes everything except the stage itself, which would be taken care of by the local organizers. I think he just meant that they wouldn't take all their stage setup to the three remaining shows in Europe.

10 hours ago, Lethalis said:

Not everything is about money...

I think you're thinking of a different band. This is the ultimate money grabbing machine. 

1 hour ago, GoForJMark said:

Imagine them taking a break and then coming back on tour without new music. They better bring in Izzy and Steven full time if they wanna sell shows by then.

Not nessecarily. A smaller venue tour like Up Close and Personal would be my bet for the next tour. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Where else is there to go from here? They’ve toured essentially the entire discography for the last 7 years, we got what Axl probably considers to be the best CDII songs, including legendary song The General on the way, nostalgia packages of both AFD and UYI, etc. It’s either retirement time or releasing a new album, and I doubt they’re going to work on new music. All things have to come to an end, and to be honest, I think it’s time to wrap things up, given the state of Axl’s voice and the rapidly declining sales.

Guns N' Roses will end when Axl dies. He would do Las Vegas residences bound to a wheelchair at the age of 85 before he retires the band. The fact is there is no incentive for any of the band to retire or go an a permanent hiatus. The money is too good, and so are the band dynamics if what we hear are true. They will simply go on a year or two break while Slash and Duff do their own stuff. This would also give them the time to write some new stuff if they are so inclined.

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

No, he didn't say that. He just said that the show in Paris was the last one they went to with their full stage production, and then he said that the production includes everything except the stage itself, which would be taken care of by the local organizers. I think he just meant that they wouldn't take all their stage setup to the three remaining shows in Europe.

He said something about a full reboot next year or something like that.

7 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

People are crazy if they think GnR is hanging it up anytime soon. As others have suggested, Axl is going to milk this thing till the very end. He might be the first senior citizen to perform a song with the lyrics "pussy full of maggots" 

He’s less than 5 months from this accomplishment. Extend the tour!!

… “Qualifying resident” or “senior citizen” means a person 62 years of age or older, or 55 years of age or older in a senior citizen housing development

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

If Duff and Slash are busy with their solo projects in 2024, perhaps Axl and/or TB can convince Buckethead and Robin Finck to step in in the meantime?

Never gonna happen in a million years but it'd sure be a dream come true  :wub:

• Confused 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

On 9/4/2023 at 4:07 PM, TheGeneral said:

To be fair, right now they've exhausted just about every market there is.

So, why not take some time off? But I doubt they'll put out a new album. As much as I'd love that, one final GNR album. I don't think it'll happen.

I think it'll happen. Maybe they owe the record company a new album. Or maybe Axl doesn't wanna go out with Chi Dem being his final album since it was seen as a bomb. 

• Like 1