GNR adds Hell and Heaven Fest, last show "in a long time", in November?

56 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I think it'll happen. Maybe they owe the record company a new album. Or maybe Axl doesn't wanna go out with Chi Dem being his final album since it was seen as a bomb. 

Judging from the last releases, they're in part free from the label (it looks like they're attached to it only for distribution), so they don't owe the record company anything.

• Like 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

Judging from the last releases, they're in part free from the label (it looks like they're attached to it only for distribution), so they don't owe the record company anything.

They have their own label to my knowledge (GN'R records or something like that) ans Geffen does the marketing / distribution. 

I wonder if Axl still owns Black Frog.

Just now, Sosso said:

They have their own label to my knowledge (GN'R records or something like that) ans Geffen does the marketing / distribution. 

I wonder if Axl still owns Black Frog.

The GN'R Records label was only in the credits for the UYI reissue, but all releases are copyrighted by GN'R and sourced from "Guns N' Roses P&D" (unlike older releases where the sound recordings were copyrighted by Geffen/UMG).

Axl still owns Black Frog, but it doesn't seem that he uses it for business anymore.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Assuming that’s true, why would Axl stay with Geffen/Universal even for distribution after he tried to blame them for CD’s issues? 

3 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Assuming that’s true, why would Axl stay with Geffen/Universal even for distribution after he tried to blame them for CD’s issues? 

Probably because they still have the copyright of older recordings (including unreleased material like the Village demos), so those are distributed by them anyway. But GN'R has the copyright of the new/released versions of the CD era songs as well as the live material.

Universal (the publishing department) also has Axl's publishing, although I think that doesn't necessarily mean that he has to be on the same record label.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Imagine seeing Buckethead and Robin Finck back with GN'R. Just think about how awesome "There Was A Time" would sound live... :awesomeface:

#BringBackTheBucket

You can bring back Buckethead and Robin but you can't bring back Axl's voice. So it doesn't work even hypothetically.

9 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

Which one is playing bass and which one is playing lead guitar?

Well, Buckethead is a more skilled bassist than Duff and Tommy put together :lol:

But in my completely unrealistic dream scenario, Tommy steps along with Bucket/Finck while Slash tours with SMKC. 

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The GN'R Records label was only in the credits for the UYI reissue, but all releases are copyrighted by GN'R and sourced from "Guns N' Roses P&D" (unlike older releases where the sound recordings were copyrighted by Geffen/UMG).

Axl still owns Black Frog, but it doesn't seem that he uses it for business anymore.

“Perhaps” is listed as being released by “Guns N’ Roses under exclusive license to Geffen Records.” Correct.

With the push it’s getting to radio, Geffen seems to be handling the marketing for it as well. 

17 hours ago, Sweersa said:

If Duff and Slash are busy with their solo projects in 2024, perhaps Axl and/or TB can convince Buckethead and Robin Finck to step in in the meantime?

There’s no going back at this point. As much as I loved the new band, you can’t go from having Slash and Duff back in the band for seven years to asking the public to accept anyone else.

Axl’s not dumb. I’m sure that he realizes that Slash and Duff leaving would be the end of the band at this point. 

And besides, I highly doubt that Slash and Duff’s solo projects are going to last the entire year. I’d be shocked if they weren’t wrapped up by the Summer in time for another GNR tour.

Edited by The Real McCoy
  • Like 1