What should a reworked Oh My God be named?

We know there is a potential for a reworked Oh My God to be released eventually, as the song had been worked on subsequent to its official release in 1999 on the End Of Days sound track, as evident with the 2018 (or so) leak with Bumblefoot and Buckethead on the song, and Axl's chat about it in 2008, and the leaked CD2 song list from 2008 including "OMG2" which may or may not have been what Axl was referring to, as Axl's description of the remix doesn't fit the leak. So it's possible the band had been working on more than one different reworked version of the track.

Unlike Silkworms, which was released as Absurd, Oh My God has actually been released officially of course, and not just played live as Silkworms was. So, OMG is in a somewhat unique position. 

If it gets an eventual re-release, do you think it will keep the same name, or should it be changed? Years ago, I recall someone mention Spiders as a good title.

If part of the lyrics inspire a new name, I think Bury It Deeper would be a cool title, and somewhat fitting for that song. 

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Unlike Silkworms, which was released as Absurd, Oh My God has actually been released officially of course, and not just played live as Silkworms was. So, OMG is in a somewhat unique position. 

Oh my god has been performed live. Rock in Rio 3 comes to mind.

I also dont want it to be re-released. I want a unheard song or a new song not something thats been released officially already and remade. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vloors said:

Oh my god has been performed live. Rock in Rio 3 comes to mind.

I also dont want it to be re-released. I want a unheard song or a new song not something thats been released officially already and remade. 

I think it would be best released as a bonus, or "hidden" (unlisted) final track on an album or an EP.

I forgot another name: "Oh My Buckethead"

I believe some old hoarder claimed to have it, and called it that. 

10 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I think it would be best released as a bonus, or "hidden" (unlisted) final track on an album or an EP.

I forgot another name: "Oh My Buckethead"

I believe some old hoarder claimed to have it, and called it that. 

You do know if they did re-release it they will be putting slash/duff on it.

For a unheard bucket/cd era version of it then its best fit on a CD anniversary release as a bonus track.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vloors said:

You do know if they did re-release it they will be putting slash/duff on it.

For a unheard bucket/cd era version of it then its best fit on a CD anniversary release as a bonus track.

Adding Slash and Duff does not necessarily mean they will remove all of Bucket's parts, though it is possible.

I agree it would be better suited for a bonus on a special CD release, and less work for the band as well.

What indicates a rerelease other than that BFF version from the locker leaks and this band's tendency to rerecord and rerelease music?

The 1999 official release is fine. The one guy on here put the guitar only version on YouTube and it's really great!

Edited by Outofgascar
Edit: I reread the post to answer my own question about the rerelease!