An idea for how a original lineup reunion could work

17 hours ago, Slugworth said:

The only leverage Izzy or Adler would ever have is if there was a huge offer on the table for an AFD residency.

Other than that scenario, they aren't needed or required.

Sphere for the 40th anniversary celebration of AFD - in 2027. Residency. You heard it here first 🤣

Edited by IzzysMissy
Typo
  • Like 2

I could only see that happening for maybe a song or two, possibly one complete show, maybe even after GN'R dissolves, assuming all original members are alive then. 

Biggest issue would be they couldn't perform songs like Shackler's Revenge, Absurd, Better, etc. very well with that lineup without reworking them significantly. 

6 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I could only see that happening for maybe a song or two, possibly one complete show, maybe even after GN'R dissolves, assuming all original members are alive then. 

Biggest issue would be they couldn't perform songs like Shackler's Revenge, Absurd, Better, etc. very well with that lineup without reworking them significantly. 

yeah....idk if that would be a big issue or even an issue at all. The people who are interested in a full reunion don't care about Shackler's Revenge being performed live (you know... at least the vast majority)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

yeah....idk if that would be a big issue or even an issue at all. The people who are interested in a full reunion don't care about Shackler's Revenge being performed live (you know... at least the vast majority)

To be fair, a "1986" version of Shacklers would be rather interesting to hear. I'd buy a ticket to that show 😂

Full blown reunion is the only card Axl has up his sleve when the tickets begin to fall dramatically.

As for Adler, he made the scam of the century. He has better Axl in 2023 than Axl was in 1991 or 1992. Its almost like Slash/Duff/Izzy should join Adler's band if people want to hear real Gunners

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Frankfurt93 said:

Full blown reunion is the only card Axl has up his sleve when the tickets begin to fall dramatically.

People really need to stop this delusion. Izzy and Steven are NEVER going to boost ticket sales dramatically. Ever.

Most people don't know who they are. The handful of diehard fans desperate for their return probably wouldn't even fill one stadium, let alone 100+ across the world.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

People really need to stop this delusion. Izzy and Steven are NEVER going to boost ticket sales dramatically. Ever.

Most people don't know who they are. The handful of diehard fans desperate for their return probably wouldn't even fill one stadium, let alone 100+ across the world.

Frankfurt also thinks that if Steven/Matt came back, not only would they write another YCBM, they'd convince Axl to scrap all the CD leftovers. Don't expect anything other than delusion from some people here... :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frankfurt93 said:

The only card they have left is the farewell tour.

Full blown reunion won't change much. 99% of the crowd already believe they're seeing a reunited GNR.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

I think the biggest roadblock to this happening is the fact that the band is not hurting for money or publicity. 

BUT it would be cool to see an official documentary with interviews 

I think the major issue is simply Axl, Slash and Duff don't want or need any outside influences to cause friction in relation to the personal relationships they have rebuilt. 

All 3 seem to get on well and they all seem at piece with each other, putting the past behind them having moved on. They all seem happy and content in life... 

It sounds so simple when people want to believe it's as easy as past band members turning up at rehearsals or in a studio and things will magically be recreated like back in 1987.

When it comes to personal relationships, things are very different, more so as time goes by.

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 2

It's not very likely but you never know. A one-off show could happen during the 40th anniversary of AFD e.g. if everybody is still alive. 

Chances are bigger that it won't but IF it happens anytime soon and if you want it to have an impact on sales and popularity then you have to make it right. Combine and promote it with a new record, written and recorded by the classic line up! 

Personally speaking, I really don't give a sh*t if it's the complete original line-up or not. But I do wish Steve had the chance (and didn't fuck it up), it would make him really happy. I'd actually prefer to go to a concert where they play the CD material than a concert with the complete classic line-up. And I don't think it would be much of an attractive factor for casuals, as the main calling card is Axl + Slash. I bet most people think Richard is from the classic line-up when they see GnR nowadays. I think that, if they reunited the classic line-up with Axl singing like he's singing now, it'd be kind of a disappointment to many people going to see them, unfortunately.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

The tour with Izzy and Adler/Sorum being labeld as THE REUNION tour will boost ticket sales regardless what people think or what the setlist will look like.

Axl doesn't need an album for the next 5 or whatever years and can retour the world another 5 times over again.

t is not about Izzy (although, I would buy a ticket to see them for the first time since 1993), it is about that magic word - REUNION.

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Frankfurt also thinks that if Steven/Matt came back, not only would they write another YCBM, they'd convince Axl to scrap all the CD leftovers. Don't expect anything other than delusion from some people here... :lol:

Funny who talks here:lol:

How many years have passed since CD?  How many songs from that era Axl released since? Thank you. He has already scrapped that crap it is just delusional people don't see it.;)

And yes...What evidence you have they would not write another YCBM if they had the members in the band they had chemistry with? What UYI quality song have they released since 1993?

Hope you take good care of that crystal bowl, would be a shame not to hear more stories from the future from you;)

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

14 minutes ago, Frankfurt93 said:

The tour with Izzy and Adler/Sorum being labeld as THE REUNION tour will boost ticket sales regardless what people think or what the setlist will look like.

Axl doesn't need an album for the next 5 or whatever years and can retour the world another 5 times over again.

t is not about Izzy (although, I would buy a ticket to see them for the first time since 1993), it is about that magic word - REUNION.

In 99 per cent of people's eyes the 'reunion' has already happened. Literally no-one has ever said to me "oh, it's not a proper reunion they don't have Steven Adler". 

If you look around you at a GNR gig. Many people don't even know the album tracks, let alone who is on stage beyond Slash and Axl. The idea that changing Fortus and Ferrer for Izzy and Steven would sell more tickets is just mad. 

Some of us here would like it, but that's it. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Frankfurt93 said:

Funny who talks here:lol:

How many years have passed since CD?  How many songs from that era Axl released since? Thank you. He has already scrapped that crap it is just delusional people don't see it.;)

And yes...What evidence you have they would not write another YCBM if they had the members in the band they had chemistry with? What UYI quality song have they released since 1993?

Hope you take good care of that crystal bowl, would be a shame not to hear more stories from the future from you;)

they could write an AFD ll type of record, another masterpiece, but only if they get the old gang back together, it's clear cause we don't have evidence to support the contrary. This is your way of thinking, ignoring shit like it's not the mid '80's anymore and no one from the classic lineup have even come close to that sort of quality of material (AFD, YCBM, Estranged, NR, Nightrain, whatever) in over 30 years.

What evidence you have they would not write another YCBM if they had the members in the band they had chemistry with?

None of them have released anything that resembles YCBM since, well, YCBM. And it wouldn't make any impact beyond the hardcore fanbase and the ever-decreasing rock and roll community. Many of them haven't played or composed together in more than 30 years. The chemistry wouldn't just reappear in a flick of a switch. It's just not how it works. They're different people who have lived different lives.

What UYI quality song have they released since 1993?

It depends which UYI songs you're referring to. In the quality of songs like Right Next Door To Hell, Garden of Eden, So Fine, Shotgun Blues, Get In The Ring and Bad Apples, well, tons :lol:. In the quality of songs like YCBM, Locomotive, Estranged and Civil War, well... There Was A Time. But Slither, Prostitute, Anastasia, Catcher in the Rye, Better, She Builds Quick Machines, Gravedancer and Fall To Pieces would all be standouts in UYI.

Edited by Cosmo