11/02/23 - Los Angeles, CA - The Hollywood Bowl NIGHT 2

alfierose

That performance was really good. Like, I'm shocked. Yes, the verse was a little shakey. But I'm sure he'll fine tune it as he does it more. His vocals on that outro were so much better than I could have ever expected them to be in a live setting. Slash really seemed to be into it. That's really cool to see. 

The one YouTube video I watched from the pit a little further back. That intro with the dark lights and just the blue light reflecting off Slash's glasses. What a fucking badass performance. 

Edited by Gunner55
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Has someone imagined if The General hasn't leaked how would have been our reaction yesterday or when they play Monsters if they play it

Realistically? They probably wouldn't have played it. I wish, WISH, it wasn't like pulling teeth with this band but it always is. Not putting out Chinese from 2000-2008? What are we supposed to do? At some point, we needed leaks. By the time the band finally gets somewhere its usually because some other entity has pushed them. It would have been great if we got the General without ever having heard it, but thats just not how they operate. Its the same as the whole Perhaps release as well. There's just always an issue with these guys and while this was a great moment, it could have been even more epic if they were a little more well run. And I don't think thats asking too much. Just feels like they get mad about stuff that is mostly self inflicted.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Too bad all the people that said they were done with the band and cancelled their vinyl orders won't get to enjoy this fun moment...

People like their money and can always order the vinyl when it's actually available to ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guitto said:

Or maybe, they are Part 1 and 2 :shrugs:

Two separate songs, in different keys, with different titles, that were played separately in a live setting, that were two different songs at the time Marco Beltrami recorded the orchestration for. I highly doubt it. If it were two parts of a single song, they could have either have titled them "pt.1" and "pt.2" or given them some kind of subtitle like "The perils of rock and roll decadence", on Pretty Tied Up. 

• Like 2

Wow just woke up and saw video on Reddit. I saw they sound checked but went to but not thinking Ax was gonna do it. Wow I need better audio so bad but in the YouTube video axl sounded really awesome to me. Slash awesome. If I could hear everything better I’d like live better then leak even. Live doesn’t sound like some say “dated” which I get the leak definitely gave some vibes of trends/music that was cool when it was created years ago. Went to Apple Music hoping for a proper release guess not yet. Rlyyyyy happy w the live performance id wager Monster might be tougher idk we shall see. 

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Paultobiass said:

Wow just woke up and saw video on Reddit. I saw they sound checked but went to but not thinking Ax was gonna do it. Wow I need better audio so bad but in the YouTube video axl sounded really awesome to me. Slash awesome. If I could hear everything better I’d like live better then leak even. Live doesn’t sound like some say “dated” which I get the leak definitely gave some vibes of trends/music that was cool when it was created years ago. Went to Apple Music hoping for a proper release guess not yet. Rlyyyyy happy w the live performance id wager Monster might be tougher idk we shall see. 

Glad to see you finally managed to bury the hatchet with Slash, Paul.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Take your chill pills dude. Get help.

I’m doing great. I don’t spend my time throwing cold water on other people’s enjoyment of something. In fact, I don’t spend hours and days watching or commenting on anything I don’t like. It’s wonderful. 

• Like 2