THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think a release on the 8th is more likely. People have tried finding it on Tidal and it doesn’t show up. Not to mention it takes a bit of time before the website redirects before a release, not the night before. Also it would’ve been out already in New Zealand and Australia, etc.

This. All of this.

On 11/30/2023 at 12:56 AM, evilfacelessturtle said:

1. Pretty hilarious to call someone "massively ignorant" while comparing an entire album that's been out for 15 years to a single that's been out for 3 months. The fact that you're resorting to personal insults speaks to how weak your ability to defend your point is. I was talking about the song CD, not the album. You should work on your reading comprehension. Whether you watch videos or not, that is a very popular way to engage with music in 2023. Hence the 5 million views on Perhaps. Hello?

2. "most of what you are saying is complete nonsense". Why even respond if you're just going to engage in this kind of cop-out? Just trying to save face/pride? It's pretend because the universe where Axl releases an entire album faster than he releases singles is not the one we live in. We also know that 2010 album never happened, proving my point.

"So yes it is a choice between a couple singles every couple of years and an album."

I might as well just start copy and pasting my previous comments because you aren't reading them before responding...

"You're pretending it's a choice between a couple singles a year or an album right now."

I even emboldened the words RIGHT NOW and yet you still managed to miss or ignore them somehow?

My point is extremely clear, you have to be deliberately avoiding it because I refuse to stoop to your level of calling somebody "dumb" and "massively ignorant". You know what you're doing.

For Axl Rose? Quite possibly.

Again, this is the reality we live in.

Slash and Duff alone aren't GNR, are they?

At this point it seems like you're just so defensive and emotional at someone disagreeing with you that you can't even read straight.

I went way out of my way to say that I was not commenting on the timeliness. And then I had to repeat that FOUR FUCKING TIMES. And it still hasn't gotten through to you?

Quote where I defended how long it takes to release anything, I'll wait...

all i heard was wah wah ive had to repeat myself wah wah ive said the wrong thing 4 times to defend lord tb and lord Axl and i know so little about music i think it takes 15 years to release an album. oh yeah and wah wah i care so little i replied 4 times wah wah. that about right?

9 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

It's normal to have more subscribers than views on any given video. I'm not sure how that's supposed to relate in any meaningful way.

No it isnt. You've just said something that is completely untrue and factually incorrect. Your credibility was already low, but now it's nothing. Your defending of the shitshow that is the gnr (mis)management and release plans is breath-taking. they wont shag you mate. 

7 hours ago, Arnuld said:

I still can’t believe The General is not a 7-8 min epic. I don’t hate it but it is nothing like I expected it to be 

Yeah, gutted. I think it probably never was. We heard the 2-3 minute orchestra and assumed it was an intro, then heard soul monster and heard the slow grind and build into the final verse vocal and joined the dots. sadly it wasnt even the right song we imagined. I do think that is what the whole CD era lacks. that 8 minute+ epic. There were 3/4 on UYI and CD got closest with TWAT i guess. maybe prostitute though thats really just a longer normal song

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

Welp, unless they’re pulling a “Beatles” (“Now and Then” came out at 10AM on its release date)… see y’all on the 8th! :shrugs:

GnR couldnt lace a dirty overworn boot of any beatle when it comes to releasing songs, releasing them properly and promoting them. But hey it's cool and mysterious right...?

3 hours ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

Has me wondering: will there be more than just one song dropping? 👀 Maybe TG is just part of a larger drop…

No. dont do it to yourself! There is no album dropping :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

What’s interesting is there were rumors that they filmed the two TG performances (Hollywood Bowl/H&H) for an eventual music video… that honestly would make sense, given how into it Slash was the first time they performed TG live :lol:

That'll be out at the same time as the Better video.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Arnuld said:

He may have been confused. It’s just disappointing that this “mythical” song we have all been waiting 15 years to hear ended up being just a basic 4 min album filler type track. Soul Monster is good (better than the general) but I would not call it “a big gun” by any means. (Accept for the bridge. That’s big gun) 

“The General” never had a chance to live up to the hype. It’s as mythologized as Chinese Democracy itself was. I like the song. I like “Monsters.” I don’t get bogged down with the thought of what is and isn’t a “big gun.” I just enjoy listening to new Guns N’ Roses songs. Fuckin’ “Perhaps” is my most played song on Spotify this year … and it only came out three months ago. 😂 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

I’m thinking it’s cause of the subject matter… plus it’s a B-side, so I’m actually shocked it’s getting artwork and not just being slapped onto “Perhaps” for the streaming services.

Nah, artwork for Absurd and Perhaps are terribly designed too, so its a pattern unfortunately. 

• Like 1

If they do use live footage from the Hollywood Bowl for a music video, I hope it’s not just the same concept as “Perhaps.” Don’t splice together a bunch of tour clips again and multiple shows. I love the “Perhaps” video, but we don’t need another one just like it this soon. Then again, it’d be infinitely better than a lazy lyric video with a crocodile dying in the background.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

I personally prefer these I came up with AI (I mean as concepts, of course I'm aware of the proportion and anatomical issues on these, this is AI)

image.thumb.png.c049a47ab78a5f079b23a7ee492a5361.pngimage.thumb.png.efd5111e36490069e6e42be49bc255a3.pngimage.thumb.png.74d00dab0aeab519cd9908d4a29661c5.png

Don't get me wrong, I'm a graphic designer, but this seems effortless, and like Fernando paid some Indian kid on Fiverr to do a GN'R cover art with no context given. Even the locker and magic ball coverarts have some sort of meaning, this is just random elements pieced together.

Edited by Uncle Bob
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Wasn't there something too about them not being paid, but allowed to keep just a few copies instead of payment?  I'm sure it was something like that. 

No, he felt that the money he was paid by the company that works with GN'R and handles the concert merchandise was not enough and that he should be able to sell copies himself:

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/215649-tour-lithographs-and-show-specific-artwork/?do=findComment&comment=4893442

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

No, he felt that the money he was paid by the company that works with GN'R and handles the concert merchandise was not enough and that he should be able to sell copies himself:

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/215649-tour-lithographs-and-show-specific-artwork/?do=findComment&comment=4893442

The ability for the artist to sell a limited number, specifically designated as Artist Edition or something to the effect, is a widely accepted practice with most of the other bands I follow that do concert specific lithos.

IIRC correct, a GNR artist that wanted to separately sell a stock of posters - did via eBay auction - where the prices were much higher than the original value.  I have never seen that before.

https://statusserigraph.com/collections/posters

https://www.f4dstudios.com/

^^ As an example of artists that have that ability

What the artist asked for doesn't seem unusual.  What was unusual is that I believe it was sold on eBay w/o a fixed price.

3 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

I personally prefer these I came up with AI.

image.thumb.png.c049a47ab78a5f079b23a7ee492a5361.pngimage.thumb.png.efd5111e36490069e6e42be49bc255a3.pngimage.thumb.png.74d00dab0aeab519cd9908d4a29661c5.png

Don't get me wrong, I'm a graphic designer, but this seems effortless, and like Fernando paid some Indian kid on Fiverr to do a GN'R cover art with no context given. Even the locker and magic ball coverarts have some sort of meaning, this is just random elements pieced together.

Person using AI and not even have the hand hold the teddybear, is saying that something else is "effortless" and done by some "Indian kid on fiverr"

Edited by Spiritual_Chaos
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Person using AI and not even have the hand hold the teddybear, is saying that something else is "effortless" and done by some "Indian kid on fiverr"

I'm a graphic designer and illustrator, I can send you my portfolio if you want. If you want to make fun of me, do it about the stuff I do actually do.

I just made these for fun in around 5 minutes to send in private to a friend that wanted a proper thumbnail for the leaked track. What I was trying to say is that something made with AI looks more appealing to the eye than that. And as an illustrator, I'm well aware of what means to get something done with AI. I can state way more issues, like the hands and wrists being weird, and the proportions between the door and the person making no sense, etc.

The same way I believe the locker and magic ball coverarts look cheap while still selling an idea of what the song kind of is about while this doesn't.

Doesn't contradict my judgment on saying it's effortless because of the knowledges I do have because what I do for living.

It's very easy to act tough with unknown people on the Internet.

Edited by Uncle Bob
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

I'm a graphic designer and illustrator, I can send you my portfolio if you want. If you want to make fun of me, do it about the stuff I do actually do.

I just made these for fun in around 5 minutes to send in private to a friend that wanted a proper thumbnail for the leaked track. What I was trying to say is that something made with AI looks more appealing to the eye than that. And as an illustrator, I'm well aware of what means to get something done with AI. I can state way more issues, like the hands and wrists being weird, and the proportions between the door and the person making no sense, etc.

The same way I believe the locker and magic ball coverarts look cheap while still selling an idea of what the song kind of is about while this doesn't.

Doesn't contradict my judgment on saying it's effortless because of the knowledges I do have because what I do for living.

It's very easy to act tough with unknown people on the Internet.

I’m a graphic designer, illustrator and cell animator. I can send you animation of a child koala dancing like Eddie Vedder if you want?

Yes, It’s very easy to act tough with unknown people on the internet. Easier than claiming lazy AI-stuff with floating teddybears are more apealing than non-AI lazy art? ….  perheps. 

6 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

I’m a graphic designer, illustrator and cell animator. I can send you animation of a child koala dancing like Eddie Vedder if you want?

Yes, It’s very easy to act tough with unknown people on the internet. Easier than claiming lazy AI-stuff with floating teddybears are more apealing than non-AI lazy art? ….  perheps. 

If you were you wouldn't have ignored the part where I said what I do for living, that would have made you well aware of how aware I am of how AI is.

Yes, it's very easy, like how easy is ignoring the part where someone develops the comment after your rude response, telling you that what I meant was about how it catches the eye, as an idea, nothing else, and how I also think the other coverarts are shitty too while still selling the idea of the song better than this one just having random elements.

I don't intend to off topic more in this thread so have a good day.

Edited by Uncle Bob
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Great, thanks for finding that - it was what I was referring to.

Fits in with the current trend of 'GNR treating people like crap' we're seeing.